JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hmmm, I always seem to get in trouble with thought experiments, but here goes:

Suppose I bought a gun last year from a private party for cash. Suppose I sold it after this bill passes to my neighbor for cash. How could anyone prove I didn't sell it to him before the bill became law?

Suppose I bought the gun last year through a dealer with a background check. Suppose I sold it after this bill passes to my neighbor for cash. Same result. How could anyone prove I didn't sell it to him before bill became law?

In both of these instances I'd have to be careful NOT to advertise the firearm for sale in a public forum.

So it appears that (as long as I don't advertise on a public forum after the effective date of the law) the only way this law becomes enforceable is if we're dealing with a gun that the seller acquired AFTER this bill became a law.

Where am I going wrong here?

hypothetically: "yep, i definately sold this gun before my rights were infringed by the new law. *wink wink*no, sorry, i didnt want to make a bill of sale as it was dont required at the time"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top