JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
http://www.oregonfirearms.org/no-expanded-background-checks

No Expanded Background Checks – No On SB 941

Filling out this form will allow you to contact Oregon State legislators with the following message:

Subject: Don't Believe Prozanski's Lies!

I am outraged that the Oregon Senate is racing through a poorly crafted and dangerous anti-rights bill. SB 941 makes it as difficult as possible for me to transfer a firearm to a friend or loved one, but does nothing to stop prohibited people from getting guns.

Over 20 counties have expressed their opposition to this terrible invasion of privacy. Some in law enforcement have already said they will not enforce it.

Anti-gun extremists brag about how many people are "denied" gun purchases under the current system but never talk about how many of those people are denied with no justification because of an inept bureaucracy. The State Police's own figures show that almost all "denials" are unjustified. When Floyd Prozanski rushed this bill through committee he said the background check system was working just great! That's a lie!

Forcing me to run a background check on a friend or loved one before I give them a firearm will do nothing to prevent felons from obtaining weapons. It is clear that the entire purpose of this bill is to harass the law abiding. The disgraced former Governor ordered that Oregon State Troopers leave patrol to "investigate" every "denial" even when there is no known cause for a person being denied his rights. To expand this outrageous misuse of scarce police resources to a firearm I am lending to a friend or giving to a family member makes no sense.

When felons are denied firearms they are NOT held accountable, so nothing in this kind of legislation has any impact on them at all.

Why should I have to run a background check on a friend I have known for 25 years? Why can't I safeguard a firearm for a neighbor who is going out of town?

You are well aware that in other places these kinds of laws have led to confiscation. In New York, their gun registration lists are being used by police to harass the family of gun owners who have died. I will not let that happen in Oregon.

Vote no on any expansion of background checks and universal gun registration.

Step 1 of 2

• Step 1) Select Recipients:
    For multiple recipients, hold down Shift key while clicking your chosen recipients. To select them ALL, click the first one at the top and hold down Shift and Ctrl at the same time and then press End.

Mac users can select multiple recipients by simply holding down the shift key, and clicking the desired recipients.
  • Click on a Senator's name to select.
  • Click on a Representitive's name to select.

Send it to ALL of them

The problem is the malignant communists that are pushing the bill don't give a damn.
Push the ones you can to put the pressure on them to stop this BULL if that is
even possible with who is in there now.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Then there is always the final option when everyone finally gets sick of all of it.

Last Edited:
Emailed all of the senators tonight, including Burdick, Prozanski and Courtney. If we can manage to make just a few D's question their vote, maybe there's a chance to stop it here. If not, we'll have to target the house next.

Emailed all of the senators tonight, including Burdick, Prozanski and Courtney. If we can manage to make just a few D's question their vote, maybe there's a chance to stop it here. If not, we'll have to target the house next.

Target the house now, and I mean every one of them. Preventive medicine ! Before an injection becomes necessary in the future.

Yep, planning to start that in the next day.
Those Letters through OFF can include the Senate and the House, just check them all in both boxes. Also you can click on the first one in each box and then hold down the shift key and click the one at the other end of the list and it highlights them all then do so in the next box. WaLa... done.

Then call them all and keep calling. I am about wearing out my hearing aids with feedback from making so many calls. And it is a real pain with those but it has to be done. If everyone on these forums did that there would be no more bill. It would raise the hair on their necks.

Last Edited:
PC users click the first name in the box then hold SHIFT and CTRL then press the END key. then move on to the next box and repeat! works pretty slick

Those Letters through OFF can include the Senate and the House, just check them all in both boxes. Also you can click on the first one in each box and then hold down the shift key and click the one at the other end of the list and it highlights them all then do so in the next box. WaLa... done.

Then call them all and keep calling. I am about wearing out my hearing aids with feedback from making so many calls. And it is a real pain with those but it has to be done. If everyone on these forums did that there would be no more bill. It would raise the hair on their necks.

I've got nothing against the OFF letter, but I prefer to write my own. Several legislators have noted that it gets more notice that way, though sending bulk emails like OFF still get counted in the opposition. I prefer, if possible, to get their attention, to get them to actually read my email, and hope to make an impact. So it took me a little more time to email each Senator individually, but I think it's worth it if they take an extra moment to stop and read it.

As for the phone calls, I'm not great on the phone, I'm better in writing or in person, but it's something I can certainly do if it's going to help.

From Senator Whitsett this morning:

......May I suggest that you and fellow passionate defenders of the Second Amendment focus your attention on developing two more strong no votes from among the Senate Democrat Caucus?

Place a call to Democrats and give them your opinion:
Sen. Courtney 503-986-1600 – [email protected]
Sen. Roblan 503-986-1705 – [email protected]
Sen. Beyer 503-986-1706 – [email protected]
Sen. Devlin 503-986-1719 – [email protected]
Sen. Riley 503-986-1715 – [email protected]
Best regards,

Doug Whitsett
Senate District 28

Placed a call to each one. Made sure they all recorded my request to vote no on the bill and even had time to mention that even the authors said that the bill would have no effect on crime. Added that this bill is purely political pandering, and is extremely cruel as it is playing on the emotions of those that have lost loved ones.

Took all of 5 minutes.

Well, with all the important things going on in the Legislature, Chuck Riley has now posted an item of great concern, probably even more so than SB 941 - namely, what is unique about the Oregon flag?

Way to ignore the real issues Chuck. he's already really far behind in responding to the huge number of SB 941 opposing comments. He should get back to work on telling them all how 90% of Oregonians are demanding UBC's.

At least Bloomberg is getting his money's worth in Chuck. He's probably far more afraid of the backlash from Bloomie than from any of us.

Keep up the pressure. We need to do whatever we can, within reason, to get the people that "represent" us to hear our voices. I have sent the OFF link to numerous people I know who oppose the bill but wouldn't take the time to make their voices heard without a simple way. If you can customize an email or make a call do it. We must act before we end up like Washington.

I wrote to my sheriff again today asking him to take a vocal and visible stand against this measure and to state that he will not enforce it. I suggest everyone get ahold of their sheriffs as well, we need their involvement in this too.

Imagine if every sheriff in the state refused to enforce this ridiculous law, it would certainly make things more difficult for the gun grabbers.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top