JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Of course.
On what planet would a vegetarian be a good voice for the hunting public and a good steward for the management of fish and wildlife based on conservation and science?
He's ^^^ right you know.

Hey, Oregon is gone. All we have left is a shadow. oregon.

This is the whole point right here...
"Colbert, 54, of Corvallis, becomes the first woman to ever hold the position in the agency with a history dating back to the 1800s."

They get to say first woman now. YAY! I'm surprised they couldn't find a gay BIPOC woman. Oh well, next time for sure.

For those of you who were worried that under new leadership ODFW's focus might be in the wrong place, I give you Coyote-palooza:

When I first saw this, I thought @Tlock would have a field day, but I guess it's a different type of palooza. :s0140:

Edit to add: Man, check out that list of organizers and partners. It's a leftist dream team for the most part.

For those of you who were worried that under new leadership ODFW's focus might be in the wrong place, I give you Coyote-palooza:

When I first saw this, I thought @Tlock would have a field day, but I guess it's a different type of palooza. :s0140:

Edit to add: Man, check out that list of organizers and partners. It's a leftist dream team for the most part.
Wow....if I knew how to do the imoje to shake my head and slap my forehead I would! What a joke!

Oregon Hunter's Association put out a blurb on the new ODFW Director. Hopefully it's not all just P.R. puff. Here is their optimistic view:

"Director Colbert has a deep resume in wildlife management with many years of previous experience with ODFW and Oregon State University. She holds a bachelor of science in biology, a master's in oceanography, and a doctorate in interdisciplinary oceanography, giving her an extensive science-based background.

In addition to her impressive background, Director Colbert possesses a strong understanding of the North American Model of Wildlife Conservation and a deep appreciation of the role hunters and anglers play both in conservation and in funding the agency.

OHA looks forward to working with Director Colbert as we work to promote healthy wildlife populations, protect and improve important habitat, and ensure Oregon's hunting heritage is sustained."

The middle paragraph in particular sounds encouraging. Fingers crossed.

From OHA, so take it to the bank. Same guys who couldn't purge their ranks of a Member that burned a cross on the lawn of a politician.
As for your first sentence - no doubt OHA is attempting to get off on the right foot with the new director.

As for your second sentence - Dang it Spitpatch. Now I'm gonna have to go on a Google search, because I have no idea what you're talking about on this one, but it doesn't sound good. I can't think of any situation where burning a cross on anyone's lawn would be a good idea. :confused: :eek:

Not gonna name names as to the perp. Victim was Elizabeth Furse (and not even she deserved THAT.)
Thanks for the additional info, but I still struck out when I Googled "cross burning Elizabeth Furse Oregon". (I agree on the not deserving it part.)

BTW, I let my OHA membership lapse, but it was due to frustration with renewing and buying the gun give-away calendar online. I've generally felt they were a positive force in Oregon, but don't really have a feel for how effective they really are. There was another group called Oregon Outdoor Council, but I'm not sure whether they disbanded or what. They definitely have faded into the background.

Thanks for the additional info, but I still struck out when I Googled "cross burning Elizabeth Furse Oregon". (I agree on the not deserving it part.)

BTW, I let my OHA membership lapse, but it was due to frustration with renewing and buying the gun give-away calendar online. I've generally felt they were a positive force in Oregon, but don't really have a feel for how effective they really are. There was another group called Oregon Outdoor Council, but I'm not sure whether they disbanded or what. They definitely have faded into the background.
It was local stuff (my reason for not naming). Police were involved, but I don't know how it was handled. A few years later at the Sportsmans Show, OHA's booth guy collared me for a bit (to get me to join), and I politely refused, then made reference to the incident and policing their ranks. The guy got pretty embarrassed, at which point I told him he should not have to be embarrassed for his organization, and I should not be seeing any reason not to join.

I think the leadership was ignorant enough to not realize how serious this was and the lasting damage it could do to their outfit, when they might have scored some valuable points by drumming out the offender.

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top