JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I would like to find a source for unit maps that show the actual boundaries, not just some lines on a map with no roads etc. I realize the boundaries are printed in the synopsis, but trying to locate them all on a map is tiring.

I don't know how to "Link" but type in "ODFW Unit Maps" in the internet search bar and scroll down to "hunt units" to look up your hunt # area interested in. Each unit then has a PDF to down load or print out.

I would like to find a source for unit maps that show the actual boundaries, not just some lines on a map with no roads etc. I realize the boundaries are printed in the synopsis, but trying to locate them all on a map is tiring.
It has been a couple years since I looked at the paper unit map's you could get at places like BiMart but I recall them having the unit boundary outlined. The last one I picked up was from BiMart for $10 or $15 and was of very good quality printed on a plasticized or something paper which has held up extremely well.

The ODFW website. I'll attach a link. You may need to click on "Layers" and click on the "Wildlife Management Units" item to have them show up. I turned them on, but it may not stick with the link.

Edit to add: You can zoom in and out as much as you want to get the details of each area.

Odfw website has a pdf map you can download for each unit.

In google just type odfw [unit name] and it will be the first link usually.

Just curious. @joken Did you try the link I provided in Post #5? It works a little slow for me, but I have crappy Internet service. It does go into much more detail than the .pdf files provide. And much better than that lame Oregon Wildlife Unit Map the ODFW sells, or at least used to sell (I bought one years ago).

@Bobbygun I knew about that hunting map but didnt know it had a unit boundary layer, thats very helpful in trip planning.

Yeah, I just found it today. It also has an ownership layer, but I don't think it identifies the private property owners. I have onXMaps on my Garmin Rino that does, but the screen is pretty small compared to my laptop and it's handy to look at the bigger picture with the Hunting Access Map.

Yeah, I just found it today. It also has an ownership layer, but I don't think it identifies the private property owners. I have onXMaps on my Garmin Rino that does, but the screen is pretty small compared to my laptop and it's handy to look at the bigger picture with the Hunting Access Map.
If I recall you can log into your onX on the laptop and view your maps there on a full screen.

I use Caltopo. I have hand drawn boundaries of most of the units (very time consuming) but I can trip plan on desktop and it syncs to my phone app in the field.

If I recall you can log into your onX on the laptop and view your maps there on a full screen.
You can. My son has used it. I'm too lazy. :D

I think I read or heard that onX won't be creating any more chips and I may actually have to use a cell phone someday to access onXmaps. I'm not a real big cell phone user. Mine is rarely even turned on. It's a smartphone, but a cheap Tracfone.

You can. My son has used it. I'm too lazy. :D

I think I read or heard that onX won't be creating any more chips and I may actually have to use a cell phone someday to access onXmaps. I'm not a real big cell phone user. Mine is rarely even turned on. It's a smartphone, but a cheap Tracfone.
I work behind a computer all day so using the mapping apps is second nature to me. I grew up using map and compass to hunt and navigate, but once I got used to the idea a cheap app on the phone actually worked I never looked back. I still carry a paper map just in case.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top