JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They did.

The link I provided was regarding draw for archery and other major issues.
I know I put my 2 cents.

Wow!!

Thanx for that link. I live right in that area and had no idea that 2000 Whitetails had died off! (I can remember when there were no Whitetails here.) We don't take the newspaper and rarely pay attention to the radio news. Of course, Portland TV news is not going to cover such things.

I wonder what the cause and the vector is for this disease. Is it overcrowding? Is it passed by some other critter? Hmmmm. We certainly had a mild winter, but the die off was in the fall.. some kind of thing they caught in the summer??? It would be nice to talk to a biologist about this.

Soooooo, what was your $0.02?

Bunch of stuff.
Yes on draw for archery, multiple season. Maybe something like three ,10 day seasons to spread the load.
Less tags until management objectives are met as Oregon is more about opportunity and money vs quality hunts. Deer and elk.

No more otc spike tags, 3 point and better.
since no more otc for E OR. Have 2nd draw season.
Better predator control.
Better access to private vs 1000s of damage control tags to ranchers.
I'm willing to pay a small fee to play on private or deposit to have access. Since there are Too many jack offs out there who destroy stuff.
I don't remember anymore, but the List goes on.

Bunch of stuff.
Yes on draw for archery, multiple season. Maybe something like three ,10 day seasons to spread the load.
Less tags until management objectives are met as Oregon is more about opportunity and money vs quality hunts. Deer and elk.

Better predator control.
I'm willing to pay a small fee to play on private or deposit to have access. Since there are Too many jack offs out there who destroy stuff.
Since there are Too many jack offs out there who destroy stuff. This is the problem. I cant even let people on mine to pass through to the public to retrieve down game anymore. I tend to think most everyone is respectful other people's property but they just aren't.Cut Fences, drove off my road and landed in the creek 40 ft down, had to get a wrecker to get them out, never came back and cleaned up all the parts and crap from the accident, bottles and cans, cigarette butts, driving quads off road spinning tires leaving ruts, not closing gate. You name it.

Bunch of stuff.

Better predator control.

Thx!!

Oregon doesn't want your input. For one, it is required by law. doesn't mean it will be respected. Especially when they control how you can respond. The places I have hunted since the 50's were well rounded with deer and elk. Not now, the deer are disappearing because (in the local Oregon's foresters own words) Deer are not financially productive like Elk are so they have been clearing the area setting fires and burning the woods out to produce more grass land to increase the elk herds.
Here is how Oregon really wants you:
IMGP0339.JPG That's how most things are done.
Compared to my youth, when outdoor activities were something families with little financial resources could go to to play for free, Now 95% of the state and federal lands are closed to vehicles and or access. Most of whats left, cost you dearly in fees and permits. If you can find free places to access, they are jammed up with folks contained in small places. We always went to the woods to get away from the crowd, not be piled up in an expensive camp ground with a bunch of drunks and barking dogs..
Won't be long now and you'll have to be very rich to step out of your vehicle beyond the city limits In Oregon. That is if you can even find a place wide enough to pull over. Even once free BLM land is locked up tight. Being charged hundreds just to get a key to the gate for access.
So much for "public" lands.
Money grubbing Oregon's motto is; If you don't pay, you don't play. Even then, it will be where we say.
Those half my age have no Idea what they have lost!!!
Maybe that's good. The hamster in the cage doesn't know what he is missing.
Rant over...

Was hoping to get more replies like this before the dead line. Not after. Lol.

I know most likely my response will fall on deaf ears, but at least I'm trying and a thing called strength in numbers.
This is Almost like people who don't vote but yet complain about politics. is It because you're hoping someone else is going to vote or speak up the way you want to? I guess lets just have things get worse.

Oregon doesn't want your input. For one, it is required by law. doesn't mean it will be respected.

'Zactly. All they want is the Benjamins!!

And they are colluding with central planning of the Feds. The Forest Service Travel Mgt Plan is an example. They sought public comment on the diff NE OR forests... requested input on 7-10 diff options... and then went with their prefered option anyway. We even kicked a local county commissioner out of office for turning county rights and authority over to them. But that's an example of how govt planners work. And it's the same with ODFW, we get what they decide we can have...just give them your $$$. It's one (of the) reason(s) I don't buy licenses and tags any more.

Oregon now looks like San Diego did in the late 70s and early 80s... what you described exactly!!! There, if you go in the woods, you can't camp where you want, you can't pull over and park where you want, you can't travel where you want, you can't walk more than a few feet off paved roads, and for gosh sakes don't try to pick up a pinecone to take home because it's an environmental crime to do so!!!

The forest is for the wolves. Humans are not natural to the forest.

My wife is particularly impacted as a lifelong resident of NE OR... family recreation has ALWAYS been going out into the woods to hike, camp, hunt, pick shrooms, fish, picnic, etc. Now we don't go. WTF has happened? We have designated rec areas. Don't go off the main roads. Don't Don't don't don't don't... we've become the land of Don't. Waiting for our govt master to throw us a crumb. <sigh>

:s0137:

Last Edited:
'Zactly. All they want is the Benjamins!!

And they are colluding with central planning of the Feds. The Forest Service Travel Mgt Plan is an example. They sought public comment on the diff NE OR forests... requested input on 7-10 diff options... and then went with their prefered option anyway. We even kicked a local county commissioner out of office for turning county rights and authority over to them. But that's an example of how govt planners work. And it's the same with ODFW, we get what they decide we can have...just give them your $$$. It's one reason I don't buy licenses and tags any more.

Oregon now looks like San Diego did in the late 70s and early 80s... what you described exactly!!! If you go in the woods, you can't camp where you want, you can't pull over and park where you want, you can't travel where you want, you can't walk more than a few feet off paved roads, and for gosh sakes don't try to pick up a pinecone to take home because it's an environmental crime to do so!!!

The forest is for the wolves. Humans are not natural to the forest.

My wife is particularly impacted as a lifelong resident of NE OR... family recreation has ALWAYS been going out into the woods to hike, camp, hunt, pick shrooms, fish, picnic, etc. Now we don't go. WTF has happened? We have designated rec areas. Don't go off the main roads. Don't Don't don't don't don't... we've become the land of Don't. Waiting for our govt master to throw us a crumb. <sigh>

:s0137:
"Zactly"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews