JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My late wife, Mary and I bought Menudo in restaurants and bought cans of it and enjoyed eating it regularly. There isn't a great deal of nutritional value to it, but we loved it! She made tamales and all sorts of great food.

We visited her relatives in both McAllen TX and Reynosa, Tamaulipas, MX in 1992 and they made some of the best Menudo I have ever eaten We enjoyed every ounce of it!

Juanita's "Menudito" Menudo is a pretty good brand of canned Menudo. I prefer to eat Menudo when it is fresh, but canned will do. It is a traditional "hangover cure" in Mexico.

Last Edited:
I only drink a few times a year, when I get together with old friends I've known for 30+ years. Sometimes it goes to excess. The best cure for a hangover is to prevent it. Drink half to a whole gallon of water within 4-6 hours of starting boozing. Also, pop 2 tablets of Vit B complex before you start with the booze. These two steps alone will prevent most hangovers except for the heaviest of benders. You'll pee so much, it'll force you to drink slower unless you're chugging while you pee. For the heavier benders, try to drink a little water between drinks, and take 2 more Vit B complex before bed.

Just sounds easier to not drink so much? Glad I don't do that anymore. Drinking all that water, with booze and then after your done drinking too much booze? All I remember from doing that, way in the past, was the displeasure of waking up every 2 hours to pee and feeling horrible each time. My problem was I've never been able to sleep past a certain time. Go to bed at 10:00 get up at 5:00-5:30. Go to bed at 2:00 am drunk? Wake up at 6:00-6:30 am. Ouch.

I used to drink more in a week than I do in a year now. It came in handy a lot in those days. I also can't sleep in while drinking. This plan isn't as bad as it sounds, and it's better than a hangover. Even just taking the b complex before bed helps a ton.

The late Dean Martin once said, "I feel sorry for those of us that don't drink because they know that the best that they are going to feel all day."

That was his world, and he was welcome to it! :rolleyes: Thanks, but no thanks!

Last Edited:
Oh Yeah.fer' shur''''

And NEVER have any more fun....:confused::mad::(;):):cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

No Thanks.

I'm a lot funnier, a lot cooler, a lot better looking, a lot more charming with the ladies, a lot better driver, and a lot richer when I drink
...:s0005:...:s0032:...:s0155:...:s0059:.

I presume you are being funny, because I used to arrest people who actually thought that themselves. Usually they ended up with barf down their fronts and that brown nasty smelling stuff and the yellow stuff too running down their legs.
I can guarantee you they weren't the least bit attractive under those conditions!
Also they usually ended up wandering all over the road and often all over the ditch along side of that, or plastered over some un-moveable object that just ruined their pretty car / truck / MC or whatever else they might decide to use as a conveyance.
We even had a drunk horseback rider running thru the streets, and he was booked for DUI as well. Only a drunk would believe what you wrote, so again you are just being funny, I'm sure.
Much as I like to drink, after what I had to deal with I still hate a DRUNK! :s0118:
Gabby

I get headaches from anything made by Budweiser, so I don't ever drink that.
I've been drunker than a skunk many times back in my younger days, and I've never had a hangover.
I might have tossed my cookies before I got to sleep but I still didn't get a hangover, just lucky I guess. Sleeping took care of it for me, I always woke up chipper and ready to go!
I took a bar tending class and the instructor informed us hangovers are caused by drinking something that you are allergic to, such as just for instance, Scotch, something in the brewing or ageing process doesn't agree with you maybe the type of oak used to make the barrels. It was suggested to me that the Beech wood aging of Budweiser products might be the culprit, makes sense to me! He suggested trying something other than what you usually drink, something colorless like vodka for instance, the stuff that gives it color is usually what you are reacting to, not the alcohol.
Gabby

When I was single and knew I was going to go out drinking, I would mix up two 16 oz glasses of chocolate mix using Nestle Quik. I'd come home-drink one of the glasses of milk and go to bed, wake up in the morning an drink the other one. Seemed to work for me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top