JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
lets not be naive here. gun control is not about guns, it is about control. i doubt I speak for myself when I say " i feel like my 2nd amendment has been infringed".

There are, no doubt, people in this country who would like to "control" us. However, I really believe that the majority of gun control advocates really think that by restricting our right to bear arms that it would make us safer. We know that the exact opposite is true. What we need to do, instead of shunning those people, is to invite them out for a shooting session or at the very least, talk to them and tell our side of the story! We won't convert all of them, but if we all can convince at least one person that gun control is not in anybody's interest except criminals we will have won a victory!

I received my first rifle when I was 16 years old but had been shooting for several years before that happy day. I'm 66 years old and when I was growing up, most kids I knew were raised around firearms. The populations of Washington and Oregon were much smaller back in the 50's, 60's and 70's. Now that much of the western parts of both states are mostly urban, kids have less exposure to firearms. It doesn't help any that the influx of people from California (sorry to pick on you guys) have brought in many people who have never even seen yet shot a gun in their whole lives. And what about the wacko mass shootings of the last decade? when I growing up we never ever heard of something like that occurring! Our society has changed and I don't think it's for the better! I think that is part of the reason for the hysteria regarding firearms.

There is an old saying,,,, "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar". Instead of bubbleguming and whining about anti-gunners, do something to change their perspective.

And for those of you that are going to flame me for what I just said....The truth sometimes hurts! :)

There are, no doubt, people in this country who would like to "control" us. However, I really believe that the majority of gun control advocates really think that by restricting our right to bear arms that it would make us safer. We know that the exact opposite is true. What we need to do, instead of shunning those people, is to invite them out for a shooting session or at the very least, talk to them and tell our side of the story! We won't convert all of them, but if we all can convince at least one person that gun control is not in anybody's interest except criminals we will have won a victory!

I received my first rifle when I was 16 years old but had been shooting for several years before that happy day. I'm 66 years old and when I was growing up, most kids I knew were raised around firearms. The populations of Washington and Oregon were much smaller back in the 50's, 60's and 70's. Now that much of the western parts of both states are mostly urban, kids have less exposure to firearms. It doesn't help any that the influx of people from California (sorry to pick on you guys) have brought in many people who have never even seen yet shot a gun in their whole lives. And what about the wacko mass shootings of the last decade? when I growing up we never ever heard of something like that occurring! Our society has changed and I don't think it's for the better! I think that is part of the reason for the hysteria regarding firearms.

There is an old saying,,,, "You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar". Instead of bubbleguming and whining about anti-gunners, do something to change their perspective.

And for those of you that are going to flame me for what I just said....The truth sometimes hurts! :)

There is another old saying - you cannot negotiate with evil - you must crush it...

Riverrat, I hear what you are saying and I think that the majority if liberals that support gun control do so out of the belief that it will truly help reduce crime rates. That being said, I think the likes of Schumer, McCarthy, Feinstein, Cummings, et. al. know darned well that more gun control laws will not reduce crime, it just makes them look like they are doing something about crime without having to address the real socioeconomic issues that have resulted in higher crime rates in poor inner city populations. All these politicos care about is getting reelected. I'm not saying the Republicans are any different in their motivations, but their opposition to gun control is for the most part rooted in their belief in the 2nd Amendment vs. the Democrats that would love to severely restrict or abolish the 2nd Amendment to give the govt. complete control over the citizens ability to oppose any tyrannical laws they may pass.

Before you retort with the Repubs issues in this area, the Patriot Act comes to mind as well.

I think you are right that an open dialogue with those who are interested in hearing the other side is a noble attempt, but there are those that don't care to hear the other side...........on both sides of the issue BTW.

^

So what's the warning for? Deviating from 2A? Everyone here is already guilty of that.

Your statememnt
"Hey, you signed your life away to the killer government, don't make other people pay for whatever they did to you. When's the last time the armed forces did any sort of national defense? Nope, just a bunch of sick power lords murdering all over the globe to satiate the bloodlust and generate business for government-corporate defense contracts".

is the most misguided thought and makes me sick that I was in the military for people like you. You have no clue as to what you are talking about and your way of thinking is misguided and not a true or accurate statement and is disturbing. You seem to have a problem with the government and military. It's statements like that, that make the headlines in the news after a tragic accident. If that is how you feel you better seek some treatment. There are a lot of vets on here and those statements are not taken lightly. I am glad you got a warning if it was my site you would be banned............

Your statememnt

is the most misguided thought and makes me sick that I was in the military for people like you. You have no clue as to what you are talking about and your way of thinking is misguided and not a true or accurate statement and is disturbing. You seem to have a problem with the government and military. It's statements like that, that make the headlines in the news after a tragic accident. If that is how you feel you better seek some treatment. There are a lot of vets on here and those statements are not taken lightly. I am glad you got a warning if it was my site you would be banned............

+1 :s0155:

Your statememnt is the most misguided thought and makes me sick that I was in the military for people like you. You have no clue as to what you are talking about and your way of thinking is misguided and not a true or accurate statement and is disturbing. You seem to have a problem with the government and military. It's statements like that, that make the headlines in the news after a tragic accident. If that is how you feel you better seek some treatment. There are a lot of vets on here and those statements are not taken lightly. I am glad you got a warning if it was my site you would be banned............

Fine, please explain to me why you think it's misguided, inaccurate or disturbing, why you think I'm going to kill people because of my anti-militarist/anti-government views, and how you think the military serves the US citizens and not the president and his cohorts like I am claiming. Or you can just call me nuts but fail to give a coherent response. Your ball.

Same goes for anyone else who disagrees. Kindly send via PM because I'm not posting on this thread any more.

Fine, please explain to me why you think it's misguided, inaccurate or disturbing, why you think I'm going to kill people because of my anti-militarist/anti-government views, and how you think the military serves the US citizens and not the president and his cohorts like I am claiming. Or you can just call me nuts but fail to give a coherent response. Your ball.

Same goes for anyone else who disagrees. Kindly send via PM because I'm not posting on this thread any more.

Yes take it to PM guys because I will be deleting any more OT posts.

I'd vote Palin over any Democrat, and even more so now that Billary will run for prez
sarah-para-bellum.jpg

Don't forget, there is always the option of writing in Mickey Mouse.

The only "Change and Hope" that Obama has inspired so far during his failed attempt as a president is to create chaos and confusion. By creating the chaos and confusion with military precision he has built a cadre of mindless followers that are so baffled by all the doublespeak that spews out of the Whitehouse news conferences combined with the bought and paid for media propaganda that they would blindly follow Obama and his minions off a cliff like proverbial lemmings, Constitution be damned. Yes, Hilter, Pol Pot, Stalin and Chairman Mao would be very proud.....

The only "Change and Hope" that Obama has inspired so far during his failed attempt as a president is to create chaos and confusion. By creating the chaos and confusion with military precision he has built a cadre of mindless followers that are so baffled by all the doublespeak that spews out of the Whitehouse news conferences combined with the bought and paid for media propaganda that they would blindly follow Obama and his minions off a cliff like proverbial lemmings, Constitution be damned. Yes, Hilter, Pol Pot, Stalin and Chairman Mao would be very proud.....

:s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155::s0155:

I hope you're not holding your breath Gunfixx. Most of the libs on this forum seem to have had good schooling, but as my dad used to say, you just can't teach common sense. :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top