JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Your high if you think we'd ever go to war with Russia over Ukraine. It hasn't happened because it isn't going to happen. The bigger picture isn't what the US, Russian or Ukrainian governments are bickering about... the bigger picture is what new restrictions are brought upon the American, Russian and Ukrainian people by these 3 governments. Government goes by the name of government in all 3 of these country's and the people from all 3 of these country's are being ruled by that name: government.

Last Edited:
So in short you believe in "Utopia" Where government is perfect and makes everyone happy. Enough of the banter. I support finacially impacting and trying to influence Russia without going to war - remember even if the US doesnt go to war - NATO may and that invovles the US. So if it means restricting firearms from Russia and well as other means - I support it. I am not against war but only as the last means of diplomacy.

Come on, you expect us to believe that Mr. "I have a pen and a phone" wasn't all giddy about stopping more arms importations to Americans? Context doesn't really matter, when the dictator in chief keeps trying to destroy the 2nd amendment from every possible angle,,,:rolleyes:

You just step off the crazy train? Where do you gather that I think government is perfect or has anything to do with freedom....government is about control and limiting freedom the same way a governor on a car does. I'm not scared of freedom at all. But everyone that believes in even the slightest bit of freedom, has just cause to being in fear of government.

We aren't likely to get into a direct conflict with Russia, but we do need to do something to slow them down. Putin is well aware of our foreign policy weakness and is testing his limits while taking whatever he can. If he doesn't get any resistance he will simply keep improving his position.

I'm somewhat impressed that Kerry and Obama can figure out an appropriate response as foreign policy has largely been one blunder after another since 2009.

In this context I support the temporary ban of goods, including weapons, from Russia. I would not support the ban of all imported AKxx systems from all countries, but that has not happened.

Come on, you expect us to believe that Mr. "I have a pen and a phone" wasn't all giddy about stopping more arms importations to Americans? Context doesn't really matter, when the dictator in chief keeps trying to destroy the 2nd amendment from every possible angle,,,:rolleyes:
I think that was an added bonus but not the reason for what was done. I think he is happy to stop more Russian made weapons from entering the country.

Looks like the Russians just shot down a Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777 at the border between Russia and Ukraine. 295 passengers and crew on-board. Things are going to escalate quickly.

Last Edited:
I hope you are right and that I am wrong. I currently do not believe that to be true - it is only a matter of time before we have US boots on the soil over there.

My guess is that NATO peacekeepers will be involved pretty soon. The plane was flying too high for shoulder fired weapons, so it's almost a certainty that is was mistakenly shot down by Russians who have been shooting down Ukrainian planes on a regular basis. Putin has serious egg on his face, and hopefully will back down.

I think Ol' George summed it up pretty well:

"The great rule of conduct for us, in regard to foreign nations, is, in extending our commercial relations, to have with them as little political connection as possible."

Downing the Malaysian airliner just rose the stakes over the Ukraine crisis. This is a crisis fueled, to a large degree, by this administration's failed Foreign Policy, and inability to back up it's stated "Line in the sand".

Regardless of how this came about, economic sanctions are actions Obama is comfortable with, after all, you can only do so much leading from behind.
You can be assured that firearms are on the top of the list of sanctions.

What concerns me, knowing that any form of gun control has very little chance of passing in this legislature, is how far he will go with his "Pen and phone".

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top