JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never understood why like other popular guns, AKs aren't made/cloned from scratch by an American company with better quality parts and manufacturing etc. and not all the legal hassles. Would the price be too high?

Norm0931 said:
They haven't been cheap for a while honestly. 3 years ago you could pick them up for $375-ish. Before the ban, wholesale cost was like $500-600-ish.

I saw some Saiga 223s and 7.62x39s for around $400-500 range not long ago... Oh well, who cares anymore, right??

That was what Classic Firearms had right before the ban.. Now they have a few of the same rifles selling for twice the amount, as this will be their final shipment.
http://www.classicfirearms.com/russian-saiga-iz114

They haven't been cheap for a while honestly. 3 years ago you could pick them up for $375-ish. Before the ban, wholesale cost was like $500-600-ish.

You must be speaking of US part kit builds, not Arsenal or other Kalishnikov AKs. Arsenal had a very special xmas sale 4-5 years back one day sale for like $500 when I bought two.. they have always been in the 750+ range unless you bought a Saiga rifle and converted it yourself.. which ends up costing you almost the same.

The more guns in the hands of Americans the better, who cares if they come from an enemy or hostile nation! Americans need to be armed and not everyone can drop $1000+ on an AR.. Those Saigas, at their affordable price and a decent quality for that type of platform, were a way to help your everyday American Joes own semi auto firearms that were of a military standard (well Russian military standards) for a very low price. People could own 3 or 4 of these rifles, have their entire famlies armed, now are stuck buying lower grade AKs or having to buy less guns if they are going to invest in a more expensive AK model or an AR rifle (of a decent quality).

This is very unfortunate for me.. I was considering stocking up on Saigas in the future, as they were very cheap and effective rifles. My Saiga 308 is a fraction the price of other 308s, yet still functions well as is a fairly accurate mid range shooter. Considering these were going for around $600, it was a great deal for the platform.

All that is gone now.. I don't believe for a second that Obama's intentions were to protect America from Russia by banning the import of Russian guns. No, he has already proven himself a coward and a fool and that he cannot stand up to Putin. However, what he has achieved is weakening the American public and punishing his greatest enemy, the American people.

Obama and Putin have almost the same intentions, but not the same power. Thankfully, Obama is not as intelligent, clever and experienced at the game of tyranny as Putin. Thank God for all of us. However, if Obama had the means he would incarcerate all of us as Putin has done to his people. He would be just as pleased that no American ever put his hand on any semi automatic magazine fed gun ever again.

It's time to call a spade a spade.. If Obama wants to stand up against Russia, he can ban Russian flights from entering the USA and tell them they will be shot down if they enter US airspace. Those to me are real sanctions that match the aggression that the Russians have displayed against the US.

Twenty plus American souls perished and what did Obama do? Ban Americans from owning Russian guns.. Great work for administering justice! Make Americans even more helpless! I'm sure the Russian' s are really broken over the loss of Kalishnikov profits.. It won't even put a dent in their GDP.

I completely agree.. funny I was just watching a video a moment ago talking about calling a spade a spade and realizing the true intentions of this ban which is much more sinister than simple trade sanctions. It's removing affordable weapons and ammo from Americans.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads