JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wish he was our Mayor. I wish the 4 good council people was ours as well.

Actually, most voted against it only because it was adhoc and poorly thought out along with being reminded of the state premptive clause. The mayor was the big star of the show. It was also humorous to watch the recorder/clerk laugh at councilman cueball when he got up and left.

Yeah! It's refreshing to see a politician who gets it! The bald guy shows hypocrisy and irrationality at its finest. Also, his behavior was quite disrespectful to the veteran which is irksome.

Actually, most voted against it only because it was adhoc and poorly thought out along with being reminded of the state premptive clause. The mayor was the big star of the show. It was also humorous to watch the recorder/clerk laugh at councilman cueball when he got up and left.

I agree to a point. What I saw as a quick vote being took. 2 voting one way and 4 the other. :)

I agree to a point. What I saw as a quick vote being took. 2 voting one way and 4 the other. :)

There is a lot more in the link.

Councilwoman Tara Hizon said the same logic that applies to the law banning guns from courtrooms should apply to council chambers. But she said the motion was made in “a haphazard way” and that it should be analyzed by staff before coming to a vote.

Councilman Bob Severns also said he was uncomfortable with guns in the chambers, but he agreed with Hizon that the issue needs more thought.

Councilwoman Beth Munns said she also feels it isn’t appropriate for citizens to be armed in the council chambers.
“I must admit I am very uncomfortable,” she said, “and especially if we have a room of 20 people who decided to show their Second Amendment rights I would probably ask to adjourn the meeting.”

Councilman Jim Campbell, however, said he was against the motion because it was made during public comment period, which violates council protocol.

Awesome!!! I just watched the YouTube clip. Since I am from the Skagit Country neck of the woods I frequent Whidbey Island/Oak Harbor on a regular basis. Here is my response to Oak Harbors Mayor Scott Dudley.

Quote: I just completed watching the YouTube video of your Council Meeting. I can appreciate your support for upholding your "Oath". Folks who have never taken an "Oath" can never understand what an "Oath" means.

I Sir, am a person who has sworn an "Oath" to this Great Country and to myself personally. I have served our Country in the Military and in the Civilian sector. Even though I no longer am in the Military or serve in Law Enforcement does not mean I will ever stop protecting those around me whether I know them or not. The Young Man in the Video is Just that, A Man. He made NO excuses. He owned up and was not embarrassed to say so. GOOD for HIM!!! He is willing to protect himself, his loved ones AND those around him, at ALL times.

Your comments supporting your "Oath" reminded me of what it means to take an "Oath". Thank you for that!!! UnQuote"

--
You have to "Get off" the porch before you can "Lead the Pack!"

Last Edited:

I could not get past the first guy that spoke. Seems like every sentence had at least 2 "ahhh" in it and to me that makes it unlistenable. For heaven's sake, if you are going to speak in public, be aware what you sound like. I don't care what your message is and whether I agree with your position, if y9u sound like that I will tune you out and not hear what you want to say.

OK guys...Absolutely, If you can, please attend the Oak Harbor Council meeting 5 Feb...Please do so.

The 2A friendly people are Mayor Dudley and Councilman Jim Campbell. The four ladies are fence sitters who may comply with state law if forced to.

Councilmen Almberg and Servantius are absolute anti's.

We need to fill those council chambers with 2A supporters. It does not matter if you live in Oak Harbor.

I am doing the same thing with the city of Tonasket, but not getting the push back in Tonasket...and I do not live in Tonasket, but they are still listening to me because it concerns State Law, and I do shop and eat, etc in Tonasket. Tonasket's problem is their prohibition on carry in ANY place that serves alcohol by the drink, their attempt to force the local hospital to post (public hospital district), and no exemption for discharge of a firearm within the city limits in self defence. (all contrary to state law)

This also has been going on since December here, but at least Tonasket has agreed, their law is wrong and they will fix it. It is that my complaint has brought to question "how many other laws in the Tonasket city code are out of date"? so they are doing a complete review.

This is going national. SAF is looking to sue Councilman Cueball, et al, for refusing to comply with state law.

<broken link removed>

I thought of this when the last mayor of Seattle, after refusing to comply with state law got the city sued over their parks gun ban.
I wanted to get a civil class action lawsuit against the mayor. Since he chose to put the city in legal jeopardy knowing full well his actions were against state law, it is only reasonable that the financial burden for such action should fall on his own shoulders. I as a resident and taxpayer of the city of Seattle should not bear for his actions.
If these little fascists have to pay for making these sort of stands out of their own packets they might think twice about it.

I thought of this when the last mayor of Seattle, after refusing to comply with state law got the city sued over their parks gun ban.
I wanted to get a civil class action lawsuit against the mayor. Since he chose to put the city in legal jeopardy knowing full well his actions were against state law, it is only reasonable that the financial burden for such action should fall on his own shoulders. I as a resident and taxpayer of the city of Seattle should not bear for his actions.
If these little fascists have to pay for making these sort of stands out of their own packets they might think twice about it.

Well, a civl action against McGinn may be a loser, since he was acting in his official capacity and therefore might be legally immune.

The best thing to do is organize a vote and replace him this fall.

MEANWHILE, BACK IN OAK HARBOR:

Oak Harbor antis fail to exclude gun activists from debate

A Democrat precinct volunteer in Oak Harbor has confirmed to Examiner that opponents of guns in city parks are trying to pack the city council meeting next Tuesday specifically to keep gun rights activists out.

<broken link removed>

King 5 covered it first thing on the ten oclock news tonight. I dont get Almberg. He is a fellow vet who owns guns yet he freaked out when a fellow vet was lawfully carrying. What was stupid is that they gave airtime to Almberg and some lady who was convinced that if there was an arguement, people would automatically go for their guns. Dumbasses.

After the law was appealed I hope everyone at the meeting stowed their firearms and went to the nearest bar or restaurant for a victory drink. WELL DONE!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top