JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He covered it with a napkin, probably because he was embarrassed he was carrying a hi-point. Didn't want anyone seeing it in his holster either, so he was probably rushing to put it away.

On a serious note, glad no one died, but still sucks for the rest of us.

SAY! Is that a Hi-Point in your pants? Or are you just gad to see me?? :s0092: that's the best I got.

Judging by the rest of this guys story he prob had fmj in it. Great holsters are worth the money and if the holster you got doesnt work get one that does, it shouldnt come out unless you need it. Things like this just give the left more ammo

He obviously pulled the trigger. Probably a striker fired. It likely didn't go off as he was reholtering. Was he laying on the table?! He sot a woman thru the shoulder and chest. Would bd quoklte a parlor trick if done while reholstering.

He obviously pulled the trigger. Probably a striker fired. It likely didn't go off as he was reholtering. Was he laying on the table?! He sot a woman thru the shoulder and chest. Would bd quoklte a parlor trick if done while reholstering.
Hard to say but yea that sounds more likely to me. Probably picked gun and the napkin up together (napkin obscures gun and finger pulled trigger as he picked it up). Idiotic. what if a random kid ran by and reached for the napkin he/she saw (kids do all kinds of random things)?

Another example of firing when picking up:

How hard is it to follow the 4 rules?
Screenshot_20200116-012342_Chrome.jpg

Just using it as a reminder. Leave it holstered at all times. Bio breaks can be a problem if you're not carrying your purse that day. I try my best to do my business at home.

I'd bought movie tickets once after lunch and driving up to the theater said, nope. Told my wife she could stay but I gotta go. She said some mean age related things but we saw the movie later.

Huh, even carrying OWB, I've always just left it holstered and on the belt, but let it sit inside my pants when seated and doing some bathroom business. In a public restroom no one would see anything but the pants and me even if they put their face on the floor to get a peek. Lol

It's unfortunate accidents like this that will be used to force mandatory training upon those who wish to carry concealed. Age doesn't seem to matter much in the exercise of prudent behavior anymore. Of course the best training in the world can't fix stupid. Not that I'm calling him stupid - everyone has lapses of judgement. Don't get me wrong, I'm not excusing him for what has happened. I just don't like kicking someone when they're down, regardless they've drug me into a quagmire with them. Statistically speaking incidents such as these are rare. However, the anti's cherish them because they further advance their agenda. I wonder if he would have felt the need to unholster if he were open carrying? Prepare yourselves to make cogent arguments against mandatory training, that will most surely cost current and potential gun owners even more to exercise their constitutional right.

It's unfortunate accidents like this that will be used to force mandatory training upon those who wish to carry concealed. Age doesn't seem to matter much in the exercise of prudent behavior anymore. Of course the best training in the world can't fix stupid. Not that I'm calling him stupid - everyone has lapses of judgement. Don't get me wrong, I'm not excusing him for what has happened. I just don't like kicking someone when they're down, regardless they've drug me into a quagmire with them. Statistically speaking incidents such as these are rare. However, the anti's cherish them because they further advance their agenda. I wonder if he would have felt the need to unholster if he were open carrying? Prepare yourselves to make cogent arguments against mandatory training, that will most surely cost current and potential gun owners even more to exercise their constitutional right.
Momentary lapse of judgement? The guy placed his gun on a chair and covered it with a napkin. Then it went off hitting an 80 year old woman. Stupid. Really stupid. I agree u can't fix stupid. Guys like this make legal concealed carriers look bad.

Hard to say but yea that sounds more likely to me. Probably picked gun and the napkin up together (napkin obscures gun and finger pulled trigger as he picked it up). Idiotic. what if a random kid ran by and reached for the napkin he/she saw (kids do all kinds of random things)?

Another example of firing when picking up:
Was thinking the same.

Not just a kid though, what about a waiter or busser?

Not just that, but this guy unholstered with no reason to do so. If it were me sitting in the adjoining booth, I'd be on instant alert and ready to kill the guy, assuming he's about to go on a random shooting spree.

Imagine this played out like the latest church...someone sees him unholster and prepares. They hear him fire and assume the worst intentions. They end his life in one shot.

Was any of this actual event or risk worth it to save his damn muffin top an hour of discomfort???

I read about this in the morning newspaper. My initial thought, "Maybe this is one reason I don't carry everywhere I go." I'm wondering what are the odds of an accidental discharge vs. my actually needing the gun to defend myself. So I rarely carry, watch where I go, and carry if I think the odds of danger are greater than not. So for me, carrying is a thoughtful proposition. I always carry in the woods or desert.

This was my first thought when I read the article, but the comment below also is apt:

I'm one of those who when they do carry, doesn't carry with a round in the chamber when the arm is a semi-auto. I gamble that I'll have time to rack the slide. If they get me from behind somehow, a chambered round won't do me much good anyway.

There is much to be said here. There are "gun people" and there are others. AD is one argument against EVERYONE carrying concealed. I'm guessing that the less familiar people are with guns, in general, the more likely they would be to have an accident.

Good on you for recognizing your discomfort with carrying commonly, and opting not to as much.

I'd recommend you simply reconsider carrying with a round chambered, when you do decide to carry tho. Way too many possibilities for things to go sideways, in the event you were to need to draw & fire RITE NOW.

As to negligent discharge while carrying, not involving an act of self defense? Pretty unusual, and normally multiple cascading failures of the 4 safety rules. As seen in this threads example.

That's a fundamental lack of judgement. Would've been safer to slap the piece down on the table in front of God and everyone so that there was no mistake what it was and where it was pointing.

I'm a newb and even I know to leave it holstered!

It NEVER occurs to me when out in public that it would be a good idea to unholster when there is no threat. I can't even understand the thinking behind such an action.

If I need to remove the firearm (going to the can and such), I remove it AND THE HOLSTER together. Once done with my business, it's back on my belt. The holster covers the trigger, so the likelyhood of ND is slim to zero. Because I carry a 1911, I check the safety prior to any movement as well.

And I avoid dancing… or working for the FBI.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top