Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

NWFA gear swap meet?

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by ZA_Survivalist, Nov 16, 2015.

1. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

I shamelessly stole this idea from Sootch's 11/16/15 (youtube) video and applied it to us.

Plenty of guys on here buy, sell and trade gear. Most of us have odds and ends we'd like to sell or trade Im sure? I dont know many firearm guys who DONT have a bin full of parts, holsters, snap caps, brass, various ammo..etc

So, for a larger turn out and a nifty idea for a NWFA meet and greet and a potential donation event to NWFA, or perhaps to a cause or orginization like OFF we could hold a swap meet, perhaps charge a very nominal fee for entry

OR
    Make it JUST a NWFA swap meet and forego all the donation stuff?
    I don't know what legalities are on group meets like this where Im quite sure nearly ALL attendies are packing heat.. And if that would constitute as a "gun show" though NO firearms were being presented openly nor "sold".

Would that appeal to anyone? I of course am just spitballing an idea and am totally open to comments, criticism or correction.. But I think it would be kind of neat. That and it would once again give us an opportunity to meet some of the cool folks we chat with here on the forum putting an ugly mug to the screen name they see often, Or in any AK related thread.. TOO often. ;)

Sure, small gun shows kind of have that going on, but most charge, parking fees are usually common.. So you've spent money even before you've had the chance to trade or sell something.. Often costing you more than if you never went at all and just sold it online.

I think we could also (if made public) have a guest speaker or speakers perhaps going over a easy to learn skill, tip or trick they use in EDC, every day life, camping or shooting.
    Perhaps have folks bring up clean ups.. Unless we DONT want to bring attention to that kind if issue due to a potential backfire and then as a result, the closing of lublic shooting areas DUE to the problem we were just trying to stop/help in the first place..

So anyway.. There you have it. What say you?

Cogs, Brutus57 and Joe13 like this.
  2. jluck

jluck Really,Really, Close to Newport Oregon 97365 Voted #1 Member

I like the idea!

3. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Ya shoulda just dragged yer sorry arse to the Lucky Lab get together we just had.... LOL! :D

4. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Dont I know it :( haha

5. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

I think its a great idea, Even if I probably couldn't come because you guys are all 3-5 hours south of me.

etrain16 and ZA_Survivalist like this.
  6. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Great idea.;)

Very difficult to execute in reality though probably.

Not trying to be a downer; I just think the legistics of such an event would be above our current organizational level.o_O

IronMonster and ZA_Survivalist like this.
  7. IronMonster

IronMonster Washington Opinionated Member Diamond Supporter

Don't sell your self short.... I mean you are using big fancy words like logistics.... Even if you cant spell it correctly.

Brutus57, Joe13, Stomper and 3 others like this.
  8. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

LMAO.... BURN!!! :D

Joe13 likes this.
  9. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Yea, I've a lot of skills but engrosh isn't one of my better ones lol.

:p:D:oops:

10. oknow

oknow amboy wa. Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:Ahh Don't pick on him he was looking at some gal with long legs :p

Joe13 likes this.
  11. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Yeah, all these get togethers are in Oregun, so we up here in Wa are left out. Not diggin a 2-3 hour drive (although I did it for the rally in Salem last year) but it gets old....

oknow and ZA_Survivalist like this.
  12. Camarobear

Camarobear Vancouver Active Member

Lets start a circuit of NWFA gear meets... Kinda like hippies and barter fair?

WHO RULES BARTERTOWN? Muahwahahahaha!

Brutus57 and ZA_Survivalist like this.
  13. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

What's to stop the Washington folks from organizing a gathering further north?

14. Joe13

Nowhere near the amount of members in that area and Seattle is spread out way more then Portland.

Just look at how much effort went into the bubblegum meet up with most of the folks here 30 min away max (yea I know there are a lot of y'all in Salem and further south).

Plus, something I had thought but not posted was - I would either need to be a "vendor" or buyer; it would be touch to have a table full of stuff and still go look for people to barter with.

etrain16 likes this.
  15. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

I am up for the idea. In the spring when it's a bit lighter longer...meet for swap meet, maybe a bite and then off to an outdoor shooting area to burn some powder together. Logistical challenge...for me heck ya! I live on an island and have to depend on WSF to get off which means a $50.00 bill to get back on separate from gas. But I'd do my best to make one Everett or Monroe area...we could maybe find some community center for cheap rent for a coupe of hours...

Brutus Out