JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I shamelessly stole this idea from Sootch's 11/16/15 (youtube) video and applied it to us.

Plenty of guys on here buy, sell and trade gear. Most of us have odds and ends we'd like to sell or trade Im sure? I dont know many firearm guys who DONT have a bin full of parts, holsters, snap caps, brass, various ammo..etc

So, for a larger turn out and a nifty idea for a NWFA meet and greet and a potential donation event to NWFA, or perhaps to a cause or orginization like OFF we could hold a swap meet, perhaps charge a very nominal fee for entry

OR
Make it JUST a NWFA swap meet and forego all the donation stuff?
I don't know what legalities are on group meets like this where Im quite sure nearly ALL attendies are packing heat.. And if that would constitute as a "gun show" though NO firearms were being presented openly nor "sold".

Would that appeal to anyone? I of course am just spitballing an idea and am totally open to comments, criticism or correction.. But I think it would be kind of neat. That and it would once again give us an opportunity to meet some of the cool folks we chat with here on the forum putting an ugly mug to the screen name they see often, Or in any AK related thread.. TOO often. ;)

Sure, small gun shows kind of have that going on, but most charge, parking fees are usually common.. So you've spent money even before you've had the chance to trade or sell something.. Often costing you more than if you never went at all and just sold it online.

I think we could also (if made public) have a guest speaker or speakers perhaps going over a easy to learn skill, tip or trick they use in EDC, every day life, camping or shooting.
Perhaps have folks bring up clean ups.. Unless we DONT want to bring attention to that kind if issue due to a potential backfire and then as a result, the closing of lublic shooting areas DUE to the problem we were just trying to stop/help in the first place..

So anyway.. There you have it. What say you?

Great idea.;)

Very difficult to execute in reality though probably.

Not trying to be a downer; I just think the legistics of such an event would be above our current organizational level.o_O

Great idea.;)

Very difficult to execute in reality though probably.

Not trying to be a downer; I just think the legistics of such an event would be above our current organizational level.o_O

Don't sell your self short.... I mean you are using big fancy words like logistics.... Even if you cant spell it correctly.

What's to stop the Washington folks from organizing a gathering further north?

Nowhere near the amount of members in that area and Seattle is spread out way more then Portland.

Just look at how much effort went into the Tavern meet up with most of the folks here 30 min away max (yea I know there are a lot of y'all in Salem and further south).

Plus, something I had thought but not posted was - I would either need to be a "vendor" or buyer; it would be touch to have a table full of stuff and still go look for people to barter with.

I am up for the idea. In the spring when it's a bit lighter longer...meet for swap meet, maybe a bite and then off to an outdoor shooting area to burn some powder together. Logistical challenge...for me heck ya! I live on an island and have to depend on WSF to get off which means a $50.00 bill to get back on separate from gas. But I'd do my best to make one Everett or Monroe area...we could maybe find some community center for cheap rent for a coupe of hours...

Brutus Out

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads