Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

NWFA coming up as a malicious site

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by AMProducts, Jan 15, 2013.

1. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

Just thought some of the admins should know that firefox, chrome and a few other browsers are blocking NWFA as a malicious site. However, it's not NWFA, it's adsbyisocket.

Might be worth looking into with all the Java 0-day going around.

2. 1stklass

1stklass salem oregon Well-Known Member

it sent me to the page and then all the diagnostics showed that nwfa is a clean site, so why are they still saying it reports as an attack page? in the upper right hand corner of the bright burgundy attack page warning is a link you can click that says "no this is not an attack page" and when you click on it it routes you through.

3. Modeler

Modeler Molalla, Oregon Soccer Fan

Yep, I get the same thing. Have to click through on every page...

4. robbijer

robbijer Salem Oregon Member

Having the same problem on a Mac, while using Chrome browser I get the warning, using Safari nada.

5. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Google anti firearm agenda?

novamind, Trlsmn, aarond and 3 others like this.
  6. hawksfan503

hawksfan503 federal way Member

I have a three day old mac using safari and I am getting the same message

7. Ttuck

Ttuck Hillsboro Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I just started getting the same message as well. getting annoying to have to click every time i load up a new page.

8. JAYG

JAYG Portland, OR Member

Just got the same message, weird must be an error. I am using Firefox on a Mac.

9. tunus

tunus PDX, United States Active Member

Same with me. Firefox and win 7.

10. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

My NoScript has adsbyisocket quarantined, so I don't worry about it, but I just got the same warning about malicious software.
    It's a PITA.

11. Toxic6

Toxic6 Higher then a PDX hipster (~10,000 ft higher) Active Member

[h=2]Safe Browsing[/h][h=3]Diagnostic page for northwestfirearms.com[/h]What is the current listing status for northwestfirearms.com?
    Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.
    What happened when Google visited this site?
    Of the 46 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 4 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-01-15, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2013-01-15.Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including adsbyisocket.com/.
    This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS32244 (LIQUID).
    Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?
    Over the past 90 days, northwestfirearms.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

12. Botte Hork

Botte Hork Camas WA Well-Known Member

Same here for ghostery, plus I added the domain in ad block pro as a custom filter.

13. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Thank you for the warnings guys. It appears one of the ads delivered by the iSocket network was coming up as malicious. As to whether or not it actually was, Google and iSocket are working on that right now. For the time being we've disabled all iSocket ads.

Looks like it wasn't just us, but quite a few other large sites. More information can be found here: Google Chrome Blocks TechCrunch, CultofMac Over Malware

14. raindog

raindog Portland, OR Active Member

As of 11:54am, Chrome still reports malware - checked ftom 2 lications.

15. Boomerang

Boomerang Portland area Active Member

Joe, that's most likely the problem. Keep an eye on the server as well, because a compromised server has similar symptoms.

16. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

It will most likely take quite some time for the status of the site to be updated by Google, so it'll probably report it as having malware for some time.

And thanks Boomerang, I have our host scanning the server right now.

17. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

I am glad it wasn't as a result of some anti-gun scheme.
    Thanks Joe.

18. shredjesse

shredjesse Vantuckey Active Member

ATTENTION WEBMASTERS:

I have experience tackling such issues on sites. I can help you get through the process of remedying this situation. I'm an experienced web developer and can help you troubleshoot the cause of the issue.

19. trekkerpaul

trekkerpaul Portland metro Active Member

Still reporting as malware as of just now

20. codezilla

codezilla United States Member

Slickguns.com is also doing the malware issue this site is having. Where is the alex jones hotline number!?