JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I always thought of norinco as the cheapest of the soviet made imports but polytech on the other hand is another story. But heck you can't complain for $308/$345 regardless of what it is. I wish I was buying these days. Those darned Chinese might get a shmeckle or two. I just wish someone I'm USA would make a great varient of something like this. PSA maybe? (If your listening)

Norinco rifles varied in quality from pretty decent to slapped together, depending on date (closer you got to the AWB, the more hurried they became in trying to get them made and shipped to the USA). This was especially true of the SKS rifles.

Most of my guns are made in usa. But I've owned/own guns from Switzerland, Prussia, Germany, China, Israel, Chezch republic, Slovak republic, Turkey, Phillipenes, Italy, Argentina (barf!), and probably other places I can't remember.

I agree with drprepper I wish we had a usa equivalent to a saiga 12 clone. I would likely buy it.

I am assuming that IP17 is going to pass in Oregon so I guess you should buy any guns that you want. I am sure there will lawsuits and but that we take time to resolve even though the Supreme Count ruled in the New York gun law is unconstitutional.

I READ THAT THE RATE OF PUBLIC CONSUMPTION HAS NOT SLOWED DOWN AS PRICES ROSE. HOWEVER, MANY FOLKS ARE MAXING THEIR CARDS WHILE THEIR CASH RESERVES DROP. THE INTERCEPT POINT, FROM THE TIME OF THAT ARTICLE, APPEARED TO BE MID-AUGUST.
IF THAT PROJECTION IS ACCURATE, MAXED CREDIT AND DISAPPEARING CASH WILL MAKE FOR MORE SELF-DEFENSE CONCERNS DURING HOT AUGUST NIGHTS.

I would not use the word "collapse" but that's the media for you.

How about this true statement:

"Month to Month sales of firearms as per background checks in the FBI NICS database surged 20% this year compared to 2018 and are astronomically erect increase at 130% of the average sales in 2010."

Plus, who has money to buy guns when milk is $12 a gallon?

I would not use the word "collapse" but that's the media for you.

How about this true statement:

"Month to Month sales of firearms as per background checks in the FBI NICS database surged 20% this year compared to 2018 and are astronomically erect increase at 130% of the average sales in 2010."

Plus, who has money to buy guns when milk is $12 a gallon?
52107153-9933-453C-8FC9-81B81AAA2B64.jpeg

Supply is way up, but a lot of prices are still higher than before and will eventually come down. Also the "shortage" was caused by artificially increased demand as well, not just supply shortages.

Sure...just like anything...there will be highs and lows in sales.

With that said...
When looking at new guns online...I see a lot that are listed but out of stock.
Difficult to buy something which ain't in stock or available.

Many of the new buyers that I have seen or talked to...
Aren't really into firearms.
They are purpose driven...and now have a , as in single firearm that seemingly suits their purpose.
So , from their point of view , why should they buy another firearm...?

Both of the above may account for the drop in sales.
Andy
This! Thank you.

Some Newbies CHOSE or still choose to buy only one firearm for themselves and if they were a married couple - one for each person. This goes for any AGE of a Newbie in Guns.

Plus as you said, many of them are not really INTO guns for a sport or a hobby.

I was told that there are a LOT of firearms that are NOT in stock or listed as not available even for a BACK - ORDERED item. I don't know where that stands as of 'tonight'.

A lot of OLDER men/women who were really INTO guns are aging out or have disabilities or moving or downsizing or retiring late in life don't want to ADD more STUFF in their house or home of ANY type. And that includes GUNS as I have written about before. Some people sold their homes, are on the road and choose NOT to buy land or another house. They may live in 2 or more spots from here on out.

Some of them are moving thousands of miles away in this country from their present home even in houses that they built and lived in for over 30 years! Some of them are going to be EX PATS - going all of the way and not just live here (Stateside.) for part of year and overseas for the rest of the year depending on the country and it's LAWS. Some of them are giving up their US citizenship too.

I know some men who were really INTO guns big time and their hobbies and likes/dislikes changed over the years. Some of them hardly shoot any longer and some of them are NOT even retired yet too! Some of them don't even reload any longer even though they have the STUFF - product on hand to do this too. They still own a few guns too. Plus this goes for some retired people too.

I know other men who still shoot and have NEVER lost their interest in guns too! But their tastes changed due to their age and health even though they still LOVED what they used to shoot and they have NO REGRETS in their firearm choices during their lifetime.

There are many people mainly the middle class especially people who have children and some older people who are really hurting with this economy too. That is a fact.

Plus our dumb leaders on ALL sides - PAST and present seem to want to continue to make a MESS out of this country when it comes to national and foreign POLICIES in ALL subject matters.

They do NOT care about working, retired, honest American citizens even though they claimed to care in the PAST and in the PRESENT.

No matter what people choose to BUY for a self defense TOOL - gun or no gun, train safely with, keep up their skills, etc. - with the huge LACK of police response in a timely manner IF at all in SOME places - it would make sense for a citizen to keep one firearm on hand or some other tool that they are proficient in using IN these crazy and violent times.

The FAR right can be just as bat s crazy and violent as the FAR left. The powers that be continue to MAKE divisive comments and drive this country apart. That has NOT changed and it continues to get worse unfortunately.

Facts and history have proven this. IT is far worse NOW in my opinion than it was during Nam due to MANY reasons from ALL sides.

Old Lady Cate

Supply of guns??? If so where are they?? Many guns are not to be found anywhere. :confused:
Racks have been very full everywhere I've been the last few months. Went from a handful of cheap Turkish shotguns and low end polymer pistols coupled with all used guns to racks full of new stuff you'd actually want to buy, and they aren't flying off the shelf.

Are you likely to find exactly what you're looking for? Probably not in some cases, but you can certainly walk into a shop or store and pick up things that were basically non-existent over the last two years. It was super uncommon to see even a Mossberg 500 or a Ruger 10/22 new sitting in stock at any store.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top