JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In his Congressional Testimony in 1999, NRA Executive VP Wayne LaPierre had this to say:

"We think it's reasonable to support the federal Gun-Free School Zones Act. ... We think it's reasonable to expect full enforcement of federal firearms laws by the federal government. ... That's why we support Project Exile -- the fierce prosecution of federal gun laws...we think it's reasonable because it works. ... We only support what works and our list is proud."

Does anyone really believe the NRA supports our right to keep and bear arms, if you do, I have a bridge to sell you. The NRA has a long documented history of supporting unconstitutional Federal Gun Control all the way back to their helping pass the National Firearms Act of 1934. Yep, the fact that you have to pay the Feds to exercise your right to own a suppressor or an SBR you can thank the NRA.
a "fool's statement" …. corruption happens, it's just time for a changing of the guard - As far as B.S. about supporting selected legislation, have you EVER heard of "tactics" ?? just exactly did "hard line always" or "jackbooted thugs" get us ?? IDIOTS …….

a "fool's statement" …. corruption happens, it's just time for a changing of the guard - As far as B.S. about supporting selected legislation, have you EVER heard of "tactics" ?? just exactly did "hard line always" or "jackbooted thugs" get us ?? IDIOTS …….

Idiots.... Yup I'm the idiot :rolleyes: who prefers the NRA protect all of my 2nd rights not just the easy ones to defend. The NRA "tactics" are negotiating away my rights one at a time and serve the self interests of the NRA. I support ALL of my rights not just the popular ones!

Here's what Tom Gresham, host of the "Gun Talk" radio show, says about the NRA mess:

The NRA Annual Meetings | Gun Talk

Seems to be the sentimen of most gun owners here. I don't for a second think everybody wants to throw out the baby with the bath water. Transparency will be key for the survival of the NRA imo. Seems like the people at the top just don't get it and continue to vote in their own self interests. YMMV

...I do find it amusing that the embezzler takes umbrage at extortion, but my concern is Oliver North's motive. If he's doing this to save the NRA, I support him wholeheartedly, but I'm also worried that he might be doing this so that he can take Wayne's position at the feed trough...

Ollie would be a bigger, meaner hog at the trough.

Idiots.... Yup I'm the idiot :rolleyes: who prefers the NRA protect all of my 2nd rights not just the easy ones to defend. The NRA "tactics" are negotiating away my rights one at a time and serve the self interests of the NRA. I support ALL of my rights not just the popular ones!
sometimes reality is a "bitter pill to swallow" in all things of life, sometimes even necessary too ….

Seems to be the sentimen of most gun owners here. I don't for a second think everybody wants to throw out the baby with the bath water. Transparency will be key for the survival of the NRA imo. Seems like the people at the top just don't get it and continue to vote in their own self interests. YMMV

Like say …. the U.S. Congress and Senate ?? Why not fight with all you got for a deal like that ? I'll stick around until the bitter end because if it IS the end it will be "bitter" to say the least

Easy there folks, no need to fling the insults! Calling members Idiots for not agreeing with your point of view isn't helping or adding to the discussion!

YEP ! YOU are right ! I got carried away and I apologize sincerely - I really don't think this is a "point of view" dilemma though, it is not POV that without a functioning NRA (of some kind, if anyone knows another organization like them please sing out) we can kiss all of our firearms and self defense right goodbye

YEP ! YOU are right ! I got carried away and I apologize sincerely - I really don't think this is a "point of view" dilemma though, it is not POV that without a functioning NRA (of some kind, if anyone knows another organization like them please sing out) we can kiss all of our firearms and self defense right goodbye

Absolutely is a point of view I don't think everyone on here will agree with you that the NRA has been the savior of our gun rights. Like I said before the NRA has been effective in spite of itself. Effectiveness is because of the members not the NRA.

The NRA has been largely been a show piece for the antis to parade around about beating, reather then actually fighting FOR our rights! The NRA has been largely ineffective for years, perhaps as far back as Komrad Klinton with his AWB!
Name one case brought before SCOTUS on behalf of gun owners? I'll wait!
Name a single piece of legislation they have gotten struck any where on the Wet Coast in the last 30 years! When was the last time the NRA came marching in in force to any of the Wet Coast States and did any meaningful fighting, instead of a token showing at the last second, and then patting them selves on the back and singing out how THEY did something on the backs of those who did the actual fighting!

Absolutely is a point of view I don't think everyone on here will agree with you that the NRA has been the savior of our gun rights. Like I said before the NRA has been effective in spite of itself. Effectiveness is because of the members not the NRA.

good point … why can't the "members" oust the current leadership or at least have an influencing say in what's going on ?

good point … why can't the "members" oust the current leadership or at least have an influencing say in what's going on ?

IMO the NRA has been built to keep the power/money in the select few hands at the top. IMO that's the problem. Without transparency there's no accountability without accountability there's abuse.

Whether you like the NRA or not, Wayne is not a constructive spokesperson. Sadly (to unenlightened middle-of-the-road voters who might be swayed either way), he is the de facto belligerent image of American gun owners everywhere. If/when he vacates his position, I wouldn't take it for any amount of money. With that said, we should all hope that someone intelligent, reasonable and articulate will be the next to step up.

Whether you like the NRA or not, Wayne is not a constructive spokesperson. Sadly (to unenlightened middle-of-the-road voters who might be swayed either way), he is the de facto belligerent image of American gun owners everywhere. If/when he vacates his position, I wouldn't take it for any amount of money. With that said, we should all hope that someone intelligent, reasonable and articulate will be the next to step up.

Nailed it, any one who has never heard Wayne speak, has not seen the negitive "Face" of the NRA, and his vitriol that leaves us patriotic gun owners face palming and wondering why we have an immage problem!
This has been a serious problem since Wayne took the helm, and hasn't improved one bit since! Olli was supposed to be the Face of the NRA, a face all americans know, and look at where he is now! :eek:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top