JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
your entitled to your opinion.... & I refuse to argue with any of you....... I gave my money the NRA asked for to fight Bloomberg.....all I got was a post card & Im entitled to my opinion....not the name calling we got here for not being happy about the nra con job for donation to fight the bloomberg machine

I can't answer for anyone else, but I'm not calling anyone names, no need to do that.

And I don't consider having an honest, albeit difficult, discussion about the politics of gun control and how the NRA is and isn't involved to be an argument. I'm sharing my honest thoughts on what they do, and how I feel about that. If I told you that you were an idiot for being angry at them, that would be an argument - but I'm not saying that, and I don't think you are. I get that you're angry. I get that you wanted them to do more. But I ask again, what should or could they have done? I have yet to hear someone offer up a reasonable idea about how they could have changed the outcome in either state.

I'd love to hear some opinion on that. I've expressed my thoughts on why I think the NRA made a wise decision not to waste resources in two lost-from-the-start races. If someone knows how it could have turned out differently, speak up.

I happen to believe that people of very different opinions can have a discussion, even a heated discussion, without it being an argument. I'm not angry here, and I'm not frustrated. If anything, I appreciate that we're getting some discussion on this stuff going again - seems like it's dropped off a bit since 941 officially went into effect. We need to keep this stuff in front of folks so they don't forget.

But I ask again, what should or could they have done?
I'd love to hear some opinion on that. I've expressed my thoughts on why I think the NRA made a wise decision not to waste resources in two lost-from-the-start races. If someone knows how it could have turned out differently, speak up.

Everytown spent millions and ran a completely unopposed, uncontested, one sided campaign and only managed to convince less than 60% of voters. How can anyone sealy say that a few commercials had no chance in convincing one more person out of 10?

"The Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) and the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) are also in the suit with the NRA. I do not believe that the NRA is "leading the charge".

Yep, they're equal partners on this one. First time in history all three have been plaintiffs in the same lawsuit.
--------------------------------------------------------------

FOLLOW-UP from EXAMINER

Gun ban lobby's response to Seattle lawsuit ignores letter of law

Almost immediately after news broke yesterday that gun rights and firearms industry groups had filed a lawsuit against Seattle's gun and ammunition tax, the gun prohibition lobbying group, Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility (WAGR), was lamenting that these groups were engaging in "obstructionist tactics."

<broken link removed>

Last Edited:
State preemption nullified this immediately. Someone just needs to essentially do the paperwork. Thanks for that NRA but let's see something that matters.

Well, that remains a question the courts will decide. We can't just say so here and blow it off.
Here's my original breaking story from Monday (thought I posted it here already!):

Counter strike: 2A groups, industry sue Seattle over gun, ammo tax

Gun rights and firearms industry organizations teamed up today against the City of Seattle's new gun and ammunition tax by joining in a lawsuit against the city and Mayor Ed Murray, who signed the new tax into law Friday.

<broken link removed>

Everytown spent millions and ran a completely unopposed, uncontested, one sided campaign and only managed to convince less than 60% of voters. How can anyone sealy say that a few commercials had no chance in convincing one more person out of 10?

So your recommendation is to spend millions trying to convince voters to drop their fear-based anti-gun beliefs? Do you really think that commercials really ever change anyone's mind? I mean, maybe they do, but I'd be willing to bet that the 60% that voted for it were not convinced of anything by Bloomberg, they were already anti-gun.

Part of the problem in the WA election was the counter initiative that was offered up. It muddied the waters and confused a lot of people, even pro-gun people. It was a bad choice.

But again, I don't really think that a bunch of advertising by the NRA would have convinced any great number of people to change their anti-gun views. Just my opinion.

BTW, they're jumping into the fray shoulder to shoulder with the SAF and NSSF. Doesn't sound like they're backing down or ignoring us. In fact, they see in this instance a real opportunity to win - the city has violated the law, and that can be challenged in court, unlike BGC's that have the support of the Supreme Court.

Last Edited:
I figured the worst thing I could do is delight the Every-Blooms by dividing and conquering myself.

It would be ideal if the NRA had enough money to fight every battle everywhere but they simply don't. We could change that. If every NRA member would donate just $2 or $3 each time there was a need anywhere in the country we'd have a stronger voice than any of the anti-gun billionaires.

That could cost each of us a hundred dollars a year but maybe it's an idea whose time has come. Many simply don't care about what goes on in other cities or states until it arrives in their own back yard. The only way the NRA can be everything we want it to be is for us to make it what we want it to be.

Myself I don't expect the NRA to fight every fight or even 1 outta 10. But when they are putting focus on open carry provisions in other states which are needed but are not addressing gun registration in WA and OR in the guise of Background checks something is seriously wrong in their priorities.

your entitled to your opinion.... & I refuse to argue with any of you....... I gave my money the NRA asked for to fight Bloomberg.....all I got was a post card & Im entitled to my opinion....not the name calling we got here for not being happy about the nra con job for donation to fight the bloomberg machine

Post card! I got a feakin cool knife. I'm sendin em more money right now:p

our resident NRA sycophantic Taku has called many of us intelligent enough to realize the nra scammed us over the blooberg attacks....traitors, anti gun people, bloomies etc etc etc ....Im not really talking to you personally, I will just respond to any nra azz kissing posts

you can cite all the things the nra has done in the past .....HOWEVER THIS NRA ISNT YOUR GRANDADS NRA
this is yet one more corporation where everyone gets outrageous salaries while they scam the masses with their own brand of Kool-Aid

who cares about bloomberg money & how much he has.....nra has been on a big soliciting campaign against his machine.....we got a damned POSTCARD telling us to fight our own battles AFTER WE DONATED

If the NRA was sincere.....why not send us a postcard without the WE NEED YOUR DONATIONS TO FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT"
...we were scammed
How are they supposed to win the fight for sb941 against the state legislature? The legislature was proven wrong on every issue they brought forth as reasoning and they still kept repeating the same bs. Nobody could have won against that.
Asking for money to fight this is all they can do, they have to make money to campaign and lobby, it is the only way to reach the masses. We couldn't expect the people to go door to door to solicit support for or against an issue. If we could, there would be no need for any lobby. But the people can't be bothered to do it.

I just wish SAF would stop sending get me stuff every week like the NRA did. It took a simple call to the NRA to stop the snail mail spamming.
I still send $$$ to the NRA when I know they need it but having all the 2A orgs sending fire starter for my wood stove is counter productive.
They all will get $$$ in the next 2 weeks from me.

After dropping the ball with their failure to fight 594 they had to lose tons of renewal money (like mine).
Fool me once, shame on them. Fool me twice? Not gonna happen

I still donate, but I know of a few people in Oregon that wont be giving to any lobbies
this year. I guess I get it to a point, people want to know their money is not just helping the other side of the USA but their own causes as well. I don't give to UNICEF or other groups that give elsewhere and not at home where we need it too. I think the basic truth is many are giving hard earned money and not seeing the responses they hoped for. Its not a matter of not being a patriot or pro2nd. I think many are not even knowing who to turn too and then ask well why and I paying for this again ?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top