JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
State preemption nullified this immediately. Someone just needs to essentially do the paperwork. Thanks for that NRA but let's see something that matters.

Nothing in life is absolutely perfect including the NRA, but where would we be if there wasn't an NRA. Oregon is next on the crap pile, just look at our new law that was voted in by our democrap dominated house, senate and governor. Idiocy is rampant so dumping on some of our best help does no good. Nothing wrong with a little criticizing to keep any of us on the straight and narrow though doesn't hurt.

Last Edited:
Its kind of funny. The bloombergites would never find anything good in the NRA, no matter what they did.
What it does do is bring out true colors in people though.
Bloomberg and the anti's are on a rampage to damage the NRA at any cost, and I expect they will respond here too. I have many of them on ignore, so maybe they already have. I do expect to see it though.
This is what the NRA does. They don't fight state legislation until they need to. This is a direct violation of law and constitutional rights and they will help set it right. If someone badmouths the NRA, let them put up the legal fees and do it better or tell them to just SHUT IT. :D
If they cannot pay the fees and do it batter they have no voice anyway. Just noise.

State preemption nullified this immediately. Someone just needs to essentially do the paperwork. Thanks for that NRA but let's see something that matters.

Did it?? If that's true, why have 3 separate gun rights groups filed a lawsuit? I don't think it's as simple as you're making it. State preemption may seem an obvious counter to this, but unless someone forces the state to enact that rule against these folks, the tax will remain - you certainly can't expect the state to go after them. In fact I think it's very safe to say the state will not go after them, unless someone holds their feet to the fire.

So yes, this matters. And don't dismiss the other two groups, SAF and NSSF, that are working hand-in-hand with the NRA on this. You may easily dismiss what they're doing, I don't.

Did it?? If that's true, why have 3 separate gun rights groups filed a lawsuit? I don't think it's as simple as you're making it. State preemption may seem an obvious counter to this, but unless someone forces the state to enact that rule against these folks, the tax will remain - you certainly can't expect the state to go after them. In fact I think it's very safe to say the state will not go after them, unless someone holds their feet to the fire.

So yes, this matters. And don't dismiss the other two groups, SAF and NSSF, that are working hand-in-hand with the NRA on this. You may easily dismiss what they're doing, I don't.

It's like having a big money baseball player who wants to keep their salary but wants to only play in the minors.

When are people going to stop blindly defending the NRA and ask what have you done for me lately?

The Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) and the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) are also in the suit with the NRA. I do not believe that the NRA is "leading the charge".

It's like having a big money baseball player who wants to keep their salary but wants to only play in the minors.

When are people going to stop blindly defending the NRA and ask what have you done for me lately?

I don't blindly defend them. But I'm realistic in my expectations of them. Can you honestly say they're doing no good? Who else, other than the NRA has the power to do what they do on a national level in Washington D.C.? Who has the ears of as many representatives and senators as the NRA? The answer is no one. Not even close.

Do I wish they could/would get into every single fight? Sure I do. I wish more could have been done with SB941, but I also don't think, nor have I ever thought of the NRA as the 'do it all' group for gun rights. That's why I also support the OFF and SAF for local fights.

To turn your phrase back around, what I don't get is when people are going to stop blindly attacking the NRA and completely ignoring the work they do to protect our rights on a national level as well as on a local level - even if it's not every local fight. I guess you can't please everyone.

Last Edited:
We don't have to defend the NRA, we are it.

no one said they arent doing any good..........just very little with the millions they solicit, they are doing what cost them the least....just to keep the cash flowing

DONT TELL ME NOT TO BE PISSSED AT THE NRA ....
I got a ton of solicitation to stop the DEMOCRATS & Bloomberg machine in Oregon
ITS WHY I JOINED THE NRA
but all I got was an NRA postcard telling me to fight my own battles......yet the solicitation was to stop the dems and Bloomberg

and I/we will CONTINUE to complain about being abandoned in Oregon over the democrat attacks untill the NRA gets the message ....if not I believe they will loose a lot of support as they must be already

You can keep repeating they dont get involved at state level...till your Kool-Aid is gone or we have NO GUN RIGHTS LEFT ...because they sat and watched.....
when that happens nobody will need the nra.. NO?

If your so satisfied with the nra be happy and give them MORE money....you guys sound like the Scientology sycophants turning over your paycheck for an ideal

You can keep repeating they dont get involved at state level...till your Kool-Aid is gone or we have NO GUN RIGHTS LEFT ...because they sat and watched.....
when that happens nobody will need the nra.. NO?

I don't know if you're responding to my post above, but I have never said they don't get involved at the state level. I also didn't tell anyone not to be pissed at the NRA, that's your right. Of course they get involved at the state level. They have won battles to expand right to carry, they have successfully blocked attempts at restrictions in certain states, and they have helped recall politicians in Colorado, to name a few. But with 50 states and a national fight to maintain, they can't be everywhere and in every fight. I get that it's easy to be mad when you're in a state that lost. I'm in the same situation. But I'm not going to blame the NRA for what the voters and politicians did to us. I'd rather be pissed at them than at one of the best gun rights groups out there. But, if being pissed at them makes you happy, go for it.

The fact of the matter is that we live in states here on the west coast that are currently dominated by anti-gun voters and politicians. Throwing a bunch of money at these fights won't do much good if they will be blocked at every turn. They need some friends on the inside, with some political pull, to make that happen. And right now, Bloomberg owns too many in both states. And whatever you believe about the money the NRA has, it's not even a fraction of what Bloomberg has at his disposal.

our resident NRA sycophantic Taku has called many of us intelligent enough to realize the nra scammed us over the blooberg attacks....traitors, anti gun people, bloomies etc etc etc ....Im not really talking to you personally, I will just respond to any nra azz kissing posts

you can cite all the things the nra has done in the past .....HOWEVER THIS NRA ISNT YOUR GRANDADS NRA
this is yet one more corporation where everyone gets outrageous salaries while they scam the masses with their own brand of Kool-Aid

who cares about bloomberg money & how much he has.....nra has been on a big soliciting campaign against his machine.....we got a damned POSTCARD telling us to fight our own battles AFTER WE DONATED

If the NRA was sincere.....why not send us a postcard without the WE NEED YOUR DONATIONS TO FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT"
...we were scammed

There really wasn't a fight to fight in Oregon, not with a one sided government that wouldn't listen anyway and did whatever they were going to do, so, you take your funds and time and fight another fight that has better odds. Personally I think and hope that as the folly of this idiotic law and it's nonvalue to anything becomes exposed hopefully the people of this state will realize what's actually happening around them and come out of their liberal thinking fog, see their losses of freedom that they're giving away and get pizzed and start paying attention. As it stands right now, this government we have could just go for it and give us all the same garbage that's in Wash. & Calif. and there's not a lot we can do until the balance of power in this state is changed, so that's the message after all this rambling, somehow we've got to get the balance back to make a difference. Being pizzed is good but divide and conquer is what they want. Oh, by the way, NRA, Off, SAF, NSSF, all get my support, and F anything or anyone who doesn't stand behind the Constitution and the USA!

our resident NRA sycophantic Taku has called many of us intelligent enough to realize the nra scammed us over the blooberg attacks....traitors, anti gun people, bloomies etc etc etc ....Im not really talking to you personally, I will just respond to any nra azz kissing posts

you can cite all the things the nra has done in the past .....HOWEVER THIS NRA ISNT YOUR GRANDADS NRA
this is yet one more corporation where everyone gets outrageous salaries while they scam the masses with their own brand of Kool-Aid

who cares about bloomberg money & how much he has.....nra has been on a big soliciting campaign against his machine.....we got a damned POSTCARD telling us to fight our own battles AFTER WE DONATED

If the NRA was sincere.....why not send us a postcard without the WE NEED YOUR DONATIONS TO FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT"
...we were scammed

I get that you're angry. We lost, both OR and WA. I'm angry about that too. But the NRA isn't the enemy, nor did they help the enemy.

Consider this - how does the NRA typically get their victories? I see it as two primary ways: 1. By legislative force and 2. with lawsuits.

Now, in both case of OR and WA, which of those would have worked??

Legislative Force - the dems are anti-gun in both states, and they have the majority. There simply aren't enough votes to block them. SB941 was going to pass no matter what anyone did. The NRA could have spent millions fighting SB941, but in the end, the dem politicians would still have voted in favor of SB941, and the NRA would be out millions for a fight that was lost before it started. Same for I594 in WA. There, it was the voters that decided. What could then NRA do? They're not going to change the ideologies of anti-gunners, that's just about impossible. And, right now, there are more of them than there are of the pro-gun side (not to mention the pro-gun folks that chose not to vote). What could the NRA have done to change the minds of these folks? Spend money on more ads?

So what about legal challenges? The tax in Seattle is a clear violation of the state preemption law. That's something concrete that can be taken to the courts, and so, the NRA, SAF and NSSF are doing just that. But I-594 and SB941 are about BGC's. They're not illegal, in fact the supreme court has stated that they are not a violation of the 2nd amendment. So, what do you do? How do you sue a state over something that's not a violation of the Constitution? Not a violation of law?

Honestly, I don't know what more you would have expected from them. From a political and financial point of view, OR and WA's BGC check fights were nothing more than a very likely loss of money and resources for them. As for asking for money, guess what, they operate on donations. Just like every single damn political lobbying group in the country. Just like every damn politician and every damn charity. Until someone either gets them public funding from taxes or some uber-billionaire decides to back them, then no one should be the least bit surprised that they're soliciting more money. Good grief, do people really not get how that works?

I don't need any kool-aid to support the NRA. I watch what they do around the country and that's good enough justification for me. I have no blind devotion to them, but I'll be darned if I can say they're not fighting the good fight. The facts just don't support that.

I have to be honest I would have liked to have seen a better presence here in Oregon and Washington by the NRA. Seems that the NRA is not fighting the same fight the Antis are. I agree 1. By legislative force and 2. with lawsuits are the fights they fight. But the antis fight by education as well and they do a damn good job selling koolaid to the masses. When I think the NRA, I think whom that is not heavily involved in gun rights knows what they do ? Most that are casual gun owners don't and that's a problem. Yet in contrast the Antis spend most of the time spreading lies and corrupting the impressionable. The NRA spends no time I am aware of in education of the confused voters in WA and Oregon unless you are a NRA member which by then kinda is preaching to the choir. And if we don't teach the masses you can be darn sure the antis will.

your entitled to your opinion.... & I refuse to argue with any of you....... I gave my money the NRA asked for to fight Bloomberg.....all I got was a post card & Im entitled to my opinion....not the name calling we got here for not being happy about the nra con job for donation to fight the bloomberg machine

.....HOWEVER THIS NRA ISNT YOUR GRANDADS NRA

You're right about that. I don't see the current NRA leadership blindly advocating to keep KTW pistol bullets legal and alienating the general public by showing how extreme they can be. That led to a major shift in public opinion against the NRA and has taken decades to undo.

There is no way to win for the NRA. If you noticed, during the I-594 campaign, Hags Against Guns, Bloombutt and many others used the threat of the NRA as a fundraising ploy. They told people that the NRA was going to try to stop their anti-gun agenda and scores of lemmings donated to the cause.

The philosophy of "you can't fight every battle as if it's the whole war" comes to mind. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. The NRA solicitations I got were for a nationwide fight against Bloomberg so I may not have seen the same begging you saw.

Would I like to see the NRA more aggressive? Sure. But with over 50 states and over 19,000 cities and towns in the US, just where do they spend their dollars? As was mentioned before, focus on bigger picture legislation and lawsuits to force the state and local idiots to reverse illegal laws. Seattle has no incentive to sue itself and the morons running the city could care less about what is legal. It's up to the courts to enlighten them.

I am not defending the NRA but I do understand how many of the decisions are being made. Love them or hate them, vote with your wallet.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top