JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well I'll admit it. I let my membership expire years ago when the Harry Reid endorsement thing came out. I continued to be a "former member" through 2015 when you could hear the crickets chirp after Kate signed SB-941. I have been impatiently waiting (teetering) to see some tangible NRA success here in Oregon ever since.

While this news from Washington can be surely described as only a small win, it is something, and it can be viewed as such by those in the neighboring Oregon battlefield.

That being said, those who find themselves in a similar position may be interested in this:

This weekend, Cabela's is hosting an NRA membership drive. Anyone who joins the NRA (in-store) gets a $25 gift card. While I don't have all the details (IE required membership sign-up level etc)*** this is something I have been waiting to see...gun industry leaders showing more involvement with their customer base for the benefit of all.

***edit: $35.00 to join for one year, then you are handed the $25.00 Cabelas gift card.

Last Edited:
Can't we have one day to enjoy our enjoyment for a break that we almost never get? You're the kind of person who craps on Christmas because of how much giftwrap has to be cleaned up. If you can't enjoy the moment, let everyone else! Looks like you only come out of under your rock when you want to sell something or b!tch about the NRA.
You mean everyone cheer and then slap the NRA on the back for a job they didn't do? Then go back to doing nothing of value, feeling safe in the false belief that the NRA will protect you? I would prefer people see things for what they are and that is the fact that a local man won a small battle against a very flawed proposition. It is hardly a major victory even if the NRA wants you to think it is one. When people try to claim major victories every time something goes the way it should they get lazy...and when they get lazy they start to trust wolves in sheeps clothing like the NRA.

I am very active in the actual gun community that fights for our rights. I have sat at the table with these people from the NRA and saw what they truly think. I have been calling them on it for years and finally other people that want to fight (like Tim from MAC) got close enough to these snakes to see I was right.

You mean everyone cheer and then slap the NRA on the back for a job they didn't do? Then go back to doing nothing of value, feeling safe in the false belief that the NRA will protect you? I would prefer people see things for what they are and that is the fact that a local man won a small battle against a very flawed proposition. It is hardly a major victory even if the NRA wants you to think it is one. When people try to claim major victories every time something goes the way it should they get lazy...and when they get lazy they start to trust wolves in sheeps clothing like the NRA.

I am very active in the actual gun community that fights for our rights. I have sat at the table with these people from the NRA and saw what they truly think. I have been calling them on it for years and finally other people that want to fight (like Tim from MAC) got close enough to these snakes to see I was right.

I dont care. Happy for today's ruling. Cheers to those of us who feel the same.

Look fellas, A win ans a WIN, even a small one puts the antis on notice, they had better blow through a chit ton more cash to push their crap through with out challenge! And to be Honest here, if they are so stupid that they think they can push this chit through with no serious challenge, then I say let them blow through their war chests trying! Eff Um! Or and Wa have shown the fight is HERE, NOW!

I give the SAF and the NRA credit for digging in to this. As I have said before, I see the NRA as the national fighter and groups like the SAF as local/regional. You can't show ANY group, other than the NRA that has an impact in Washington DC like they do, it's not even close. So those that want to b!tch and moan about the NRA, are certainly free to do so, but don't pretend the NRA is doing nothing for our rights. If it weren't for them, we'd be in much deeper trouble on a national level. And while I'd love to see them dig in deeper on the local level, I understand they can't fight every battle in every state. I really appreciate what groups like the SAF do, but I also appreciate the NRA, even if I don't agree with everything they do.

Question is, how do we make 'em spend more and get less next time? I firmly believe having the similar-numbered I-1634 out at the same time muddied the waters by design... and that their hiring Eyman's signature gatherers was also deliberate. Timmy's gotta clean his house...

Initiative to ban paid signature gathering.

Initiatives are supposed to be about the will of the people to change the law, not about who can get some billionaire to buy a law. If an initiative can't get signatures organically through unpaid supporters gathering signatures, it should not get on the ballot.

... To those who still feel the NRA is worth their support, I say go ahead, it cannot hurt, but don't expect any support on the local levels! OFF and GOA are who is actually taking the fight to the States!

And Second Amendment Foundation. Even the Electronic Freedom Foundation is on the side of 3D gun files, but that's more a national than a state issue (at least for now).

1) "Today's decision tossed out the signatures of more than 377,000 voters, and undermined the rights of the citizens of this state in favor of the interests of the gun lobby," Hopkins said in a statement. "It's not right, and we will continue to fight."
Ya shoulda done it right the 1st time Bunkie.
2) "Question is, how do we make 'em spend more and get less next time?"
Would it be possible to build a database of people who would sign an initiative petition &/or gather signatures? It would be great if we could open fire with a pro-gun initiative every election cycle and force the enemy (and they are just that) to spend $ and effort on defense. Tim Eyman could probably advise on that.
3) The NRA: Yeah, they threw us under the bus on I-594 but if it weren't for them we would be visiting our registered atlatls at the cop shop and keeping a can of wasp spray for HD.
4) So anyhoo, this IS a victory for our side and I just want to savor it. Looking forward to seeing lots of blubbering from the hoplophobes and their lackeys. Big middle finger to the Alliance for Gun Elimination. Every time I hear a gun grabber say they support 2A and just want to "keep guns out of the wrong hands" I think of David Duke saying he doesn't hate black people.
5) WOO_HOO!!:s0115:

Front page headlines of today's Seattle Times reads 'Gun regulation measure in doubt,'

Doubt? Leave it to the fake news Lamestream media to help keep their Seattle's hopes up.

I get the Supreme Court, ya know, IIRC the one that originally refused a hearing on this, could overturn, but c'mon...o_O

We'll have to see how this plays out...

Boss

The hubris of the I-1639 crowd is pretty amazing -- they can't be bothered to follow the law while manipulating the public into criminalizing and/or repealing the 2A at the state level. What a bunch of bubblegumtards.

Here is a video of the Judge Dixon's ruling:

The key thing that Judge Dixon said in his ruling was that "the text does not allow voters to make informed decisions".

And that is the crux of this matter. The anti-gun folks don't want the voter to really know what they are doing when they vote. They just want the public to behave like mindless Lemmings, and all jump off a cliff into the sea together. Just get on the bandwagon, and forget about the details of what will really happen.

Remember the introduction of ObamaCare to the Congress, and how Pelosi said that it did not matter that anyone knew the details? That Congress needed to vote for the law, so they could then find out how great it was? Well, this is the exact same mindset at work again here too. Only this time it was used on the voters of the state of Washington.

So folks, just hop on board, and join in and support this noble cause to save our children from gun violence. The details simply don't matter.

Don't you ever wish that you were a lemming? It looks like they have lots of fun. Check it out:

Yes!!!!! We do need to stay vigilant, be involved and not get complacent!!
Thought I would put one from SAF....

SAF APPLAUDS THURSTON COUNTY COURT JUDGE FOR STRIKING DOWN INITIATIVE

BELLEVUE, WA – A Thurston County Superior Court judge this morning disqualified a Washington State gun control initiative because it was improperly presented to voters by not following guidelines set down in state election law.
Alan Gottlieb, founder and executive vice president of the Second Amendment Foundation, said the judge ruled properly and he is hopeful the state Supreme Court will uphold the decision. Gottlieb filed one of two lawsuits against Initiative 1639 as a private citizen and Washington State voter. A second similar lawsuit was filed by the National Rifle Association and Spokane resident Robin Ball. The ruling also applies to that lawsuit.
The gun control initiative was sponsored by Seattle-based Alliance for Gun Responsibility, which spent more than $3 million to pay for the signature gathering effort.
"A few billionaires donated millions of dollars to buy the signatures to get this fraudulent initiative on the ballot," Gottlieb observed. "But they couldn't buy the Court."
Under the initiative, young adults age 18-20 would be prohibited from exercising their Second Amendment rights to buy semi-automatic modern sporting rifles. The measure also would classify popular .22-caliber rimfire semi-auto rifles as "assault weapons," and there would be a $25 fee to do registration paperwork, which opponents consider a tax on the exercise of a constitutional right.
The main problem with the initiative as printed on the back of each petition sheet was that it did not contain underlines showing proposed new additions to state gun law, nor were there strike-throughs showing what parts of existing law would be removed. As a result, plaintiffs argued, people who signed the petitions could not possibly know what the initiative would do.
"The initiative process has no place for deceit and deception," Gottlieb said. "The so-called Alliance for Gun Responsibility acted totally irresponsible in circulating this initiative to the voters and it not only cost them millions of wasted dollars but their credibility as well."

What do you want to bet that this next session in the legislator those rules for the initiatives will be changed by the powers-that-be....:mad:

I dont care. Happy for today's ruling. Cheers to those of us who feel the same.

Hmmm.... I don't quite understand your reply to Playboy. Are you trying to imply that he is not happy about the ruling?

I'm sure that he is as happy as the rest of us are, regarding this outcome. All he is doing, is disputing whether the NRA deserves credit for this ruling.

I don't see him as being guilty of anything, other than trying to set the record straight.

Does anyone have any proof, that Playboy is saying anything that is untrue? I have looked back at old news articles, and they would appear at first glance to support his argument. I don't see that the NRA-ILA filed any lawsuit until July 27th, while both the Second Amendment Foundation and the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms filed a joint lawsuit back on July 2nd. So it looks like the NRA-ILA did not get involved until 3 1/2 weeks later

The first news report that I could find makes no mention at all of the NRA doing anything to legally challenge the initiative:

I-1639 gun initiative reaches required signatures; opponents launch lawsuit

This article does contain some additional interesting info, in that it explains that of the $3 Million dollars spent on gathering signatures for this initiative, $1 Million of that came from Paul Allen, and another $1 Million from Nick Hanauer. So there are rich Billionaires and Millionaires behind these efforts to take our guns away.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR