JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Four people set afire in attack at Denver apartment Thursday night - The Denver Post

Four people set afire in attack at Denver apartment Thursday night
POSTED: 12/13/2012 08:34:06 PM MST
UPDATED: 12/13/2012 09:56:22 PM MSTBy Joey Bunch

The Denver Post

Outside the Denver home, where the attack occurred on Thursday, Dec. 13th, in the 4300 block of Lipan Street. (Joey Bunch | The Denver Post)
With the smell of smoke in the air, Denver police detectives looked for a motive in a bizarre, horrifying attack Thursday night in the Sunnyside neighborhood.

According to police, two men showed up at the door of an apartment. They sprayed two men and two women inside with gasoline or some other flammable liquid from a pump garden sprayer, then one of the attackers tossed a match or lighter.

One of the women suffered life-threatening burns and was rushed to University of Colorado Hospital in serious condition. The three others in the apartment in the 4300 block of Lipan Street had comparatively minor injuries, said police spokesman Sonny Jackson.

"This is a highly unusual attack and we're very concerned about it," he said. "We hope that if anyone has any information they will let us know who these two individuals are."

The fire was out before fire crews arrived, and none of the nearby apartments were affected.

Police also are investigating whether there is any link to an attempted robbery in the Curtis Park neighborhood about 3 miles away. A fire was set using a pump sprayer, but no one was injured.

Police spokeswoman Raquel Lopez said that while that case was similar, it did not appear to be directly related.

"There are similarities, but at this point they are not related. That's not to say we won't find out differently," she said.

Neighborhood residents mingled and expressed amazement along the crime scene tape in the dimly lit street.

"Who would do something like this? What kind of animal is he?" said Maria Gomez, who lives nearby but did not know the victims. "I'm probably going to think about this every time there's a knock on the door."

Her husband, Hei, added, "I hate to say it, but I hope there's a motive. If this something just crazy out of the blue, it could happen to you or me. I hope they catch these guys and lock them up forever."

Jackson said the description of the two men was still vague.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top