JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I rented and fired a few sub-compacts before settling on the Beretta Nano BU9.

With extended mags so I can have a place for my pinky (I have big hands).

Smooth sides for zero snag, 8+1 (9mm) capacity, small form, heavy metal slide give it's stability and good target re-acquisition. I've shot at least a couple thousand rounds through it with zero problems. Early models had a FTE issue, but since fixed.

It's a keeper and what I EDC.

A few upgrades available... I have the night-sights, Crimson Trace laser, and change out the Galloway Precision spring job for something that doesn't slam the hand as hard. Interchangeable frame if you want a different color. Slide on mine is a paint-job I did.

Here's a picture of it as of a few minutes ago...
franksBU9nano2019a.jpg

Here's one of many good YouTube reviews of the BU9:

Oh, and inexpensive. Can be had for under $400.

Good luck in your pursuit! Come back and let us know what you decided on.

Frank in Hillsboro

Attachments

• franksBU9nano2019b.jpg
    franksBU9nano2019b.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 73
Springfield EMP, while probably not sub-compact, is very easy to manage especially with some Pachmayr Officer grips. EMP is very easy to conceal, but I choose not to carry it IWB despite shooting a 1911 in competition. I prefer hybrid holsters and IWB I just don't care for the chance of the safety getting off'ed while wearing or reholstering. Plus, I just go used to my P2000 LEM which is an excellent carry gun.

It's .32 acp and the smallest pistol I can shoot well, that I know of. Unfortunately it is known to accidentally discharge when hit the wrong way, particularly while holstering...

@E4mafia , I have tried the VP9, but I'd rather a P229 for the size. I do like the Walther PPQ, would like to shoot one of those too. The rest of the common choices I really don't care for. The G43 felt best, but I feel the need to shoot one before I buy.
Flymph,

Will the 1907 be up for sale?

Thanks.

If we're making suggestions, l recommend the HK P30sk.

If you can find a HK P2000sk or Walther P99c, l also highly recommend those for EDC.

None of those are single stack, but all have an abundance of features and are great handling little guns. The only suggestion l have in single stack guns would be the Walther PPS.

My son loves his SA Hellcat and l would recommend (l have been, in fact) taking a hard look at the SiG P365. The only reason l haven't dropped the hammer on one of these is because I'm pretty happy with my old-but-trusty EDC P2000sk.

Lots of great guns out there. My suggestions are based on what l have owned/carried personally.

Well, this is mostly so I can gripe about how uncomfortable most sub compact single stack pistols feel to me.
I don't have big hands, but the way the grip angle hits my hand just feels horrible. I don't get this with bigger pistols.
Thus far the only subcompacts I can get a comfortable grip on is the Springfield XDS and the G43. I need a gun I can carry if I want, the Savage 1907 won't cut it like I'd hoped.
I think I want to get a G43X, but I've never shot a Glock. I really like my Sig P226, but that pistol would only really work for open carry on me.

Should I go a little bigger and get a compact P series Sig Sauer, or should I try a couple Glocks at the range first? Where is a good place to try a few Glocks and Sigs on the West side of town?

Also, I don't want to hear anything about the S&W M&P, feels like I'm holding some sort of border trim, and I don't want to have to "get used to it"...
Makarov. Light weight, handy and "natural" pointer. Speaking from experience.
You really ought to check out a Mak, .380 or 9mm Mak... Cripes I just noticed the date on this thread! OY! 😒

Last Edited:
Well, this is mostly so I can gripe about how uncomfortable most sub compact single stack pistols feel to me.
I don't have big hands, but the way the grip angle hits my hand just feels horrible. I don't get this with bigger pistols.
Thus far the only subcompacts I can get a comfortable grip on is the Springfield XDS and the G43. I need a gun I can carry if I want, the Savage 1907 won't cut it like I'd hoped.
I think I want to get a G43X, but I've never shot a Glock. I really like my Sig P226, but that pistol would only really work for open carry on me.

Should I go a little bigger and get a compact P series Sig Sauer, or should I try a couple Glocks at the range first? Where is a good place to try a few Glocks and Sigs on the West side of town?

Also, I don't want to hear anything about the S&W M&P, feels like I'm holding some sort of border trim, and I don't want to have to "get used to it"...
Post deleted. I didn't realize it was another darn necro thread.

0B4D9139-E901-429D-AE0A-24261D3FFCF7.jpeg

Last Edited:
I have went thru the same dillema in choosing a CC in the subcompact size pistol. My requirements were 15 round capable with comfort in the hand, slim profile grip and would dissappear on my side to the point anything I am doing standing or sitting I forget it's on my side. Got a G48/43x, Hellcat, out of the 3 the Hellcat gets carried the most and I have zero regrets with my purchase or recommending of it. Good luck there are alot of good choices out there these days to choose from depending on your needs.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top