Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

NorthwestFirearms.com Petition

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by Iansstud, Nov 30, 2009.

1. Iansstud

Iansstud SW WA / PDX Member

I posted earlier about some complaints I had here and was quickly taken care of by the mod's that are on this forum, Thankyou...

One of my complaints was the: No bumping more then once a week rule. This has been the hot topic here lately, so....

Just to see how many people actually are for this I made a petition online found here

Im not trying to stir the pot, I just want to know whats on everyones minds...

2. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

This is not a fair petition as anyone on the net can vote an not strictly NWFA users!

I don't like to censor but this is ripe for fraudulent results.

3. .45's and .38's

.45's and .38's Happy Valley OR Well-Known Member

Only NWFA members should post on this post if this is a good idea

4. SquackDaddy

SquackDaddy Marion County Member

I think the classified system is fine the way it is. :cool:

5. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

I'm fine with the way the classifieds work here.

6. kenr74

kenr74 Oregon Active Member

Works fine as it is.

7. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

i like it the way it is if i decide to complain i'll first become a paying supporter.

complaining about something you get for free is :nuts:

btw i like the new tool thingy that keeps me from bumping my post too soon

keep up the good Work Joey and the team.

what we need here is some cheese to go with the whine.

and why not just post a poll instead of a petition that way you could see how many like it the way it is since your not the only guy on the planet

8. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

HA!:laugh:

I dunno. It sounds like OP is asking for other people's opinions and asking for support.

I disagree with him, but I personally wouldn't call it whining...:winkkiss:

I am a member at several other forums, some have no bump rules and I personally don't like it. I find the once per week rule nice. I don't know how many times (on other forums) I have opened a thread ad for something I want and then scroll down through 6 pages of "BTT" just to find the new information provided is "BTT". Arg...

9. eldbillbo

eldbillbo clackamas New world samurai and a redneck none the less Bronze Supporter

the whine is a joke directed solely at the OP but at all the complaints oregonians myself included do a lot of it (must be the weather) but i usually whine about things that cost me though .

seems every time Joey fixes something that some complain about then others complain about the changes seems like a lot of waisted energy dickering among ourselves over petty items

but a poll would have been a better route that way all sides are represented . The poll should also include those who just don't care

and as Trlsmn said the petition is not fair.

besides petitions are for hippies :laugh:

10. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

BTT

......ok.........I'm sorry, I dont see what the big deal is. Follow the rules that are in place, or go somewhere else. As bilbo said....ITS FREE.
    If you dont like it, dont use it.

11. TonsOfOregonBrass

TonsOfOregonBrass Sandy, OR Active Member

I have to agree a poll definitely would be the route to go on this.

12. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

I think its fine the way it is. If you are selling something that buyers want at a reasonable price you wont need to bump your add. It will either sell or people will post comments about the item keeping it current. Stop complaining, and sell your junk on
    Ar15.com or outdoors trader.

13. pirateer2007

pirateer2007 Spokane Wa Member

I'm stubborn. I don't like change. It doesn't really matter either way though. This is a good site regardless. I've made a couple friends and quite a few friendly aquaintances here, and I look forward to making lots more.
    -Adam

14. magnum

magnum Springfield American....'nuff said

I second what eldbillbo said in his first post.

15. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

I third what magnum said elbillbo said in his first post. :p

16. dave

dave Independence Member

Works just fine. I do like the outlaw unmoderated freeforall idea Trlsmn had.

17. Gunner69

Gunner69 Hillsboro Member

Seriously????? Where's my Dead Horse Smiley????

The rules are the rules and they work. Quit whining and abide by the rules.

18. shockercustoms

shockercustoms Forest Grove, Oregon Member

Every time someone is given an inch they take a mile. Maybe next week I'll find something I don't like and complain about that.:nuts: This place isn't Burger King, everyone dosen't get to "have it their way"

19. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

My old man had a saying when I was growing up: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I think that applies well here.

This site is an excellent FREE local resource for everyone, and while following the rules may sometimes cramp our style, another good old saying comes to mind: "don't look a gift horse in the mouth."

If some don't like the way this site is run, I challenge them to put all the hard work and effort into making their own site. If they happpen to make it successful, they will then realize another old saying: "you can't make everyone happy, all of the time," and another, "if you give an inch, they take a mile."

I don't think there is anything wrong with suggesting new ideas that may help the site to grow, everything has room for improvement. But to get angry, threaten to leave or talk trash about the site, etc., is just plain silly. Lets all be thankful we have this site to enjoy, shall we?

20. MarkSBG

MarkSBG Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

It is good to hear the people who like the system, not just the ones who don't. Thanks for speaking up guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.