Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Northwest Preparedness Expo - Prosser, WA

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by Bazooka Joe, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Lower Yakima Valley Well-Known Member

I just stumbled across this announcement, and thought I'd share. It's a good reason to spend a weekend sampling wines in the heart of Washington wine country and hopefully getting some good preparedness info/training. This is their first such expo, so who knows what to expect. But if it's awful, there's always the wine.

Northwest Preparedness Expo - 2014
    http://www.nwpreparednessexpo.com

The Chamber of Commerce of the City of Prosser and Lower Valley Committee of Safety are working together to create our first annual Northwest Preparedness Expo. It will be hosted on May 2nd & 3rd at the Walter Clore Center in Prosser, Washington. There will be both educational speaker sessions and vendor booths on display.

Our goal is twofold: educate our local community of the value of preparation and to build camaraderie within our community. We wish, not just to reach ‘preppers,’ but to effect change in our community for those who are unknowledgeable of the worth of being prepared. We aim to help prepare individuals for any personal misfortune, natural disaster, or breakdown in social and/or economic structure. In time, we hope to build on this; if one is prepared himself, then he is one step closer to being prepared to help others. We hope to regain a sense of local responsibility and preparation in the event of any situation that might overwhelm our community’s safety & well-being. That paints a broad portrait of our ultimate goal.

For this year’s expo, in particular, we have chosen five areas of focus. They are as follows; safety, shelter, skills, supplies (gear & tools), and sustenance. For our first event, our primary focus is on exposing people to the benefits of being prepared; starting with a "72 hour plan," while also offering information and resources that may be helpful to those that are preparing for longer term situations. We wish to invite speakers and vendors (and we encourage vendors as speakers) who are skilled in these five areas.

Ultimately, our objective is to create an annual event that will grow in scope and size - with each successive year building upon the previous year’s skills and goals. We wish to educate and encourage our local region to cultivate a sense of responsibility, community, and connection.
    Walter Clore Wine & Culinary Center
    2140 Wine Country Road Prosser, WA 99350

Contact
    info@nwpreparednessexpo.com
    Prosser Chamber of Commerce
    (509) 786-3177

About
    Friday, May 2nd 10am-6pm
    Saturday, May 3rd 9am-6pm

Admission
    $10/person includes both days -- outdated price
    Kids 12 and under are free.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    pokerace likes this.
  2. pokerace

pokerace Newberg Well-Known Member

will mark it on the cal. where is prosser,Wa.???

3. Bazooka Joe

It's about 20-30 minutes west of the Tri-Cities on I-82 or 45 minutes east of Yakima on I-82. About 45 minutes from Hermiston, OR as well, also on I-82. The event location appears to be right at Exit 82 of I-82.

If you were going to attend from the Portland area, it would probably be about a three hour trip. You'd take I-84 to Biggs Junction, Hwy 97 north to Toppenish, and then probably Hwy 22 to Prosser. From what I remember from wine tasting expeditions in the area, Hwy 22 ends right across the street from the Walter Clore Center and Desert Wind Winery.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  4. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

Due to all the "In my mind they are already Americans" located in that area there is some good Mex food as well. I usually steer clear of such FB Eye magnets but it might make a good weekend for wife #8, 7, 6 and 5!

Caveman Jim likes this.
  5. Bazooka Joe

A schedule of the talks has now been posted.

erudne likes this.
  6. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

7. Bazooka Joe

8. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Bazooka Joe and forefathersrback like this.
  9. Bazooka Joe

Didn't even know there was a Drano Lake, though I can picture the spot from driving along the interstate.

10. Bazooka Joe

Bumping. Two weeks until event.

11. Bazooka Joe

Bumping. One week until expo.

12. NONAME762

NONAME762 Nowheresville Active Member

I can remember back in the early to mid 90s a couple of good sized preparedness expos in believe it or not Seattle in the area of the old Seattle Center.