JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
$100 for a bucket of brass, I can see why those guys are determined :)

I've been picking up all the rimfire brass (that I can find) in my back yard for a few years now, after a while it adds up. Not sure how much I have but betting close to 10lbs, it's a lot. I pick it up because it's an eyesore and hurts bare feet in the summertime, in a few more years I may have enough to sell :p

Anybody go up this past weekend? I know it snowed during the week, so I'm wondering if I should attempt a trip in my 2WD Ranger tomorrow...
It can be done, but I was in an AWD Subaru... i almost went over the edge, but I'm not used to driving in snow. The road that pulls off into the shooting area is fine, it's the road in between the spot and 26 that is iffy... it should be good by mid week tho.
So far, we're planning on a cleanup with Oregon Hunters Association Tualatin, for mid July (bbq, prizes & shoot). Haven't set any dates for Wolf Creek yet.

Still, give a shout out when anyone wants to get together for a little clean-n-shoot (at any place).
Alright. I'll start making plans closer to it, kind of hesitant for now with the snow and ice... ;)

I'll probably get a mini clean up hosted maybe this month if it is needed. If not I usually get one organized as needed at Wolf Creek. Thanks to most of the stewards that shoot there, it is becoming less frequent.

I was up there this morning. Like last week, the most treacherous part is actually N. Wolf Creek Rd, the road to the lanes is much better. For me, since I usually get up there before sun up, it's actually the trip down that most nerve racking since you never know who you might literally run into on the way down. I was on lane #2, which looked fine, except for the fire pit somebody made in front of the firing line.

Range Day.JPG

But otherwise the lane looks good, I suspect most of the crap is under show.

Range Day-3.JPG

It appears some kids with some imagination made the best use of spent shotgun shells I've seen so far . . .

Range Day-2.JPG

All said, it was a beautiful morning, but to answer the question, I wouldn't try it right now in 2-wheel drive, maybe next weekend will look better.

Range Day-4.JPG

Last Edited:
I'll probably get a mini clean up hosted maybe this month if it is needed. If not I usually get one organized as needed at Wolf Creek. Thanks to most of the stewards that shoot there, it is becoming less frequent.
It looks like some folks decided to get rid of their "sprinkler system" and some tires on lane #3 as well... i figured the large group was cleaning up debris on #2 with that fire, but maybe not... in any case, we should host a clean up once the snow is gone.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! I was up early this morning on lane 2 (like usual) and with all the show gone, the lane doesn't look that bad, except for this . . .

03-17-19.JPG

But it wasn't until I got home I noticed that this junk had that look of disgust with it's end days ;)

03-17-19-2.JPG

I pulled a few 20 oz plastic soda bottles and some makeshift cardboard targets out, but not even a full garbage bag's worth. Most of what's up there, without climbing the berms, is wood.

Gorgeous evening for shooting. Got off work at 3 so I got up there to test out the pawn-show Mosin-Nagant M44 (brought my roommate's 10/22 too). Didn't blow up, so that's a great start! Parts on the way to make her a little more whole.
20190319_173328.jpg

When I was done policing my brass, it was still a gorgeous evening, and I had lane 4 to myself, so I figured I'd do some work.
20190319_190232.jpg
I got every spent-case (much of it wasn't brass, so the colloquialism didn't seem to fit) out of the jersey barrier, and a fair bit off the ground.
20190319_192051.jpg

Gorgeous evening to get some cleanup in!

Gorgeous evening for shooting. Got off work at 3 so I got up there to test out the pawn-show Mosin-Nagant M44 (brought my roommate's 10/22 too). Didn't blow up, so that's a great start! Parts on the way to make her a little more whole.
View attachment 560483

When I was done policing my brass, it was still a gorgeous evening, and I had lane 4 to myself, so I figured I'd do some work.
View attachment 560485
I got every spent-case (much of it wasn't brass, so the colloquialism didn't seem to fit) out of the jersey barrier, and a fair bit off the ground.
View attachment 560484

Very nice!

There's a discussion about the Mosin Negant going over on the C&R forum you may want to look at. ;)
Mosin humor

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! I was up early this morning on lane 2 (like usual) and with all the show gone, the lane doesn't look that bad, except for this . . .

View attachment 559757

But it wasn't until I got home I noticed that this junk had that look of disgust with it's end days ;)

View attachment 559764

I pulled a few 20 oz plastic soda bottles and some makeshift cardboard targets out, but not even a full garbage bag's worth. Most of what's up there, without climbing the berms, is wood.

That was me that came creeping by in the red toyota pickup......

View attachment 560483

View attachment 560485
View attachment 560484

Nice! The kind of evening memories are made of!

Boy, that lane 4 sure looks used up! Can't wait to renovate that one!

Looking at making the trek there tomorrow AM and checking out one or two lanes. Any likelihood I'll have trouble in a FWD sedan? Not trying to get stuck an hour and a half from home for 300 rounds and a bucket of cleanup!

Looking at making the trek there tomorrow AM and checking out one or two lanes. Any likelihood I'll have trouble in a FWD sedan? Not trying to get stuck an hour and a half from home for 300 rounds and a bucket of cleanup!

You should be fine. I do it with my FWD Ford Focus Hatchback. A few bumps that I'm not a huge fan of, but not too bad. Here it is at the deepest lane:

20190319_191053.jpg

Had a great time today at lane #2! Only a few other people using the other lanes on a Wednesday afternoon. Made a friend half way through, and had some fun sharing the lane and trying out each others guns and plinking away. I really like this spot! Beautiful place to go through ~450 rounds on a nice, sunny day. Getting there wasn't too hard, i was able to dodge the potholes pretty easily. Stayed in 4wd most of the time but I doubt any fwd car would have much trouble. The dude I shared the lane with got there in a sedan just fine. I initially missed the first turn off to get to the actual range at first and kept going up Wolf Creek rd untill I hit the snow line, turned around and decided to see if the shooting spots were back off that first right turn where I thought they might be. And they were!

The lane wasn't too bad garbage wise when I got there, but I made sure to leave it cleaner than it was when I arrived.
IMG_20190320_153628.jpg

Last Edited:
Nice setup, @Witsendidk . I like the choice of targets and placement. May I suggest using a Moving Blanket over the Jersey Barrier. It's a little bigger and the padding thickness is just right. I get mine at Harbor Freight and they're pretty cheap.

Sounds like it was a perfect way to ring in the first day of spring! Thanks for picking up as you go!

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top