JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Survey Hub.jpg
Pic me please!
Otay

That's an 8" long (out of 2x2 material)
Looks like they use a 30 degree cut.
A 45 would be easier to do at home on the chop saw and still work OK.
Do a 4-way cut as shown in the pic for best driving results.

This one came from Portland Precision Instruments, FYI.

Use a steel Man Stake (concrete form stake) to punch a pilot hole.

Last Edited:
If someone liked a drab ole piece of cement with paint on it, they are going to love these colorful nylon strings. Those will go great in the weed wacker!

;)

Mike
Nah.....nebba hoppen.
If they're driven in properly, the vandals won't even notice them.
They survive dozers and graders going over them all day long on the jobsite.

My schedule is kinda weird over the upcoming weekends, but if this install happens on a day I can get out there, I'll happily tote along a couple of pilot stakes and some 4lb hammers to contribute to the effort.

I'm free this weekend.

Not sure if the ground isn't frozen though.

If it's after the 16th I'll be able to grab the whiskers from @Cogs, if before, Bill can you ship them to me?

@nehalemguy and I could knock out these installs pretty quickly I'd imagine.

Might not be enough time to mail them and be there by Sat AM, so, I might as well hang on to them till the 16th. I'm battling vehicle mechanical challenges this weekend or else I'd run them out .

I just went out within about ten mins, it's snow on the road, but ploughs moving around, it's not bad, no idea on the run up the trail there though.

Well... I went up with the wife today and had no issues getting to the road that leads up to the range. There was about 5-6 inches of snow on the road and hill. I made a few attempts at the hill and ended up sliding back down both times - we almost made it to the gate but ended up getting stuck the second time around. We got lucky and had another shooter help us get out of the rut we were in...(didn't catch your name but we appreciated the help THANK YOU!)

My AWD Crosstrek failed and I thought the XTerra with standard 4WD would make it but he had similar luck.

If you're heading up, pack some bags of sand and a tow-rope just in case. If you have a winch you'll be good :)

wolf creek 021019.jpg

Well... I went up with the wife today and had no issues getting to the road that leads up to the range. There was about 5-6 inches of snow on the road and hill. I made a few attempts at the hill and ended up sliding back down both times - we almost made it to the gate but ended up getting stuck the second time around. We got lucky and had another shooter help us get out of the rut we were in...(didn't catch your name but we appreciated the help THANK YOU!)

My AWD Crosstrek failed and I thought the XTerra with standard 4WD would make it but he had similar luck.

If you're heading up, pack some bags of sand and a tow-rope just in case. If you have a winch you'll be good :)

View attachment 547136
Thanks for the report, LSWC! You deserve a FREE SHOT for your effort! You may take your FREE SHOT in any caliber you choose, but may I suggest it be a Penelton.

I'm lucky that I live closer than most... but I do believe it's the first time I've made the drive and all 4 lanes were open & I didn't shoot :( I'll be back. Best of luck to others that make it out today. It was 17F @ 740a - no clue if it will rise above freezing there today.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top