JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Than
Thank you so much for the info...I just wanted to say that I did go out to Wolf Creek yesterday and it was fantastic! Met the nicest guys, who shared their lane with me; gave me great pointers, and made me feel welcome...I do have a warning, however, for anyone who drives a car that carries low. I drive an, old Jetta, all of which are notoriously low to the ground and that first pothole coming up the road to the lanes took out my oil pan unbeknownst to me until I went to leave and my oil light flashed red. Uh oh--I had to get towed out of there. But even that turned out to be a great experience. Some other shooters who were leaving saw me by the side of the road and stopped to help. Drove me all the way into the Time Gas Station and waited with me the hour until the tow truck came. The tow truck driver is a regular shooter out there and, knowing cars and knowing that road, diagnosed the problem before ever seeing my car. Then I remembered hitting that pothole hard. So be careful folks. Anyway, he turned out to be another great person to meet and we laughed and told stories all the way back to my mechanic in Beaverton, where we dropped off the car and he then drove me all the way home to NW Portland. So the high caliber of people I met yesterday, all who frequent the shooting range at Wolf Creek were amazing!

Jetta tracks........

20190401_163517.jpg

Damaged oil pan & a tow doesn't sound fun, but it's better than a blown engine & a tow.
Great to see you otherwise had a great day & your day wasn't overshadowed by the car issues.

Laura+Roy's+LetterpressTrooper.jpg

upload_2019-4-1_17-22-47.png

DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER!!! (Please)​

That be me. I'll be at NFWC lanes on Sunday at 10 AM to meet with our excavation contractor for bidding on the remaining renovation work to Lanes 1 & 4. We're not going to close down the lanes, so don't shoot us!

If you're out there at Lanes 1 or 4 on Sunday, April 7th, we would appreciate a few moments of COLD RANGE while we walk each lane, take a couple measurements and review the plan.

We might even ask the shooters at lanes 2 & 3 if we could walk those lanes briefly so the contractor can see how his handy work is holding up.

Thanks! (I'll be the guy with the Trash No Land sign on the car doors. And NO, they are not targets! :)).

Bill

Thank you so much for the info...I just wanted to say that I did go out to Wolf Creek yesterday and it was fantastic! Met the nicest guys, who shared their lane with me; gave me great pointers, and made me feel welcome...I do have a warning, however, for anyone who drives a car that carries low. I drive an old Jetta, all of which are notoriously low to the ground and that first pothole coming up the road to the lanes took out my oil pan unbeknownst to me until I went to leave and my oil light flashed red. Uh oh--I had to get towed out of there. But even that turned out to be a great experience. Some other shooters who were leaving saw me by the side of the road and stopped to help. Drove me all the way into the Time Gas Station and waited with me the hour until the tow truck came. The tow truck driver is a regular shooter out there and, knowing cars and knowing that road, diagnosed the problem before ever seeing my car. Then I remembered hitting that pothole hard. So be careful folks. Anyway, he turned out to be another great person to meet and we laughed and told stories all the way back to my mechanic in Beaverton, where we dropped off the car and he then drove me all the way home to NW Portland. So the high caliber of people I met yesterday, all who frequent the shooting range at Wolf Creek were amazing!
Your choice in user name appears to be rather unfortunately prophetic... :p

Sorry to hear about your troubles, but glad to hear about those willing to help! Sometimes I think the gun community is the last bastion of human decency left, and this only strengthens my hypothesis. ;)

To those of you who helped, my hat's off to you!
:s0090:

Despite the rain, I made it up and had some fun today. I met Randy (ODFW I believe...) while shooting on lane #2 and he got these signs posted at the entrance & all lanes.

Was good to shoot with wet grips & hands today since that's not the norm. No issues shooting which is nice, but the ammo was slick :)

upload_2019-4-10_18-29-25.png

Thank you for all your kind responses to this post, everyone. I have to say I had no idea I had left the oil tracks behind (although, duh, I should have realized it given the circumstances). I hope they don't do damage. If I need to talk to someone let me know.

That was a funny comment about my username being prophetic...The name was actually given to me years ago by one of my husband's guitar students. He called my husband, "Slick", because he was such an amazing player, so since I was his wife I naturally became Miz Slick. It stuck.

Thank you for all your kind responses to this post, everyone. I have to say I had no idea I had left the oil tracks behind (although, duh, I should have realized it given the circumstances). I hope they don't do damage. If I need to talk to someone let me know.

That was a funny comment about my username being prophetic...The name was actually given to me years ago by one of my husband's guitar students. He called my husband, "Slick", because he was such an amazing player, so since I was his wife I naturally became Miz Slick. It stuck.
They don't charge the logging companies for that stuff, so you should be fine. :)

I thought it was a Slip2000 pun... TBH

North Fork Wolf Creek Target Shooting Lanes will be CLOSED Tuesday April 16th from 7am to 4pm so crews can complete target shooting lane maintenance work.

Just heard this from ODF. He apologizes for the short notice and inconvenience, however, it's the only day he will have the crew available.

They are to do some transplanting and seeding work at Lane 3 and some stump removal and user created trail closure work at Lane 2. It will be a full day project. The gate will be closed while they are working.

Last Edited:
user created trail closure work at Lane 2
This is where people have blazed a trail behind and beyond the berm at lane 2. They are placing targets on stumps and trees against the hill. Can't do that! It's like going back to what it was before the lanes where put in (targets and trash all over the hill, can't get to it to clean it up, fire hazards, killing trees, & more). Sounds like they are going to try and block the trail that leads back there.

We are also having trouble with people walking on the sidewalls of lane 2. It's getting knocked down and small trees along the sides are being shot in half.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top