JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Photo of the range markers we'll be laying down in Lane 2 tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed they survive for a while.

I figured we could put them down every five yards for the short lanes, and every 10 yards for the longer lanes. I'm not sure if Lane 2 has room for the 30-yard marker without going up onto the berm, so we'll skip it if it doesn't fit.

20190120_145249[1].jpg

Photo of the range markers we'll be laying down in Lane 2 tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed they survive for a while.

I figured we could put them down every five yards for the short lanes, and every 10 yards for the longer lanes. I'm not sure if Lane 2 has room for the 30-yard marker without going up onto the berm, so we'll skip it if it doesn't fit.

View attachment 539857
Wow! Much nicer than I imagined! Way to go!

Ya, not on the berm. We're trying to keep them off that part.

View attachment 539857
Nice work and thank you for doing this.

View attachment 539857
Those look amazing. Thank you for doing this. It will be a nice addition to the lane.

Got to Lane 2 this morning a little early with a couple of friends in tow this morning. Lane was occupied by a forum member who knew we were coming, so he very graciously took a break to let us get in there and lay the range markers down. He told me his actual name, but I did not catch his forum name. Anyway, thanks for holding the lane for us, good sir.

Pic is attached showing the brick placement. We tried to be quick, so they may need a little more packing in as time goes on. The 25yd marker is in the mud a few feet in front of the backstop, so we did not leave the 30yd marker. Quick edit: we measured range for each brick from the shooter side of the jersey barriers. The center of the arrow on each brick should be within 2 inches of the stated range from that spot.

Headed up to the long distance site after that for a couple of hours. Thanks all for your guidance in finding that spot. Definitely sign me up when it comes time to pull volunteers to develop it. Packed out a little extra garbage today, as usual. Things were looking okay, though.

20190121_084520[1].jpg

Got to Lane 2 this morning a little early with a couple of friends in tow this morning. Lane was occupied by a forum member who knew we were coming, so he very graciously took a break to let us get in there and lay the range markers down. He told me his actual name, but I did not catch his forum name. Anyway, thanks for holding the lane for us, good sir.

Pic is attached showing the brick placement. We tried to be quick, so they may need a little more packing in as time goes on. The 25yd marker is in the mud a few feet in front of the backstop, so we did not leave the 30yd marker. Quick edit: we measured range for each brick from the shooter side of the jersey barriers. The center of the arrow on each brick should be within 2 inches of the stated range from that spot.

Headed up to the long distance site after that for a couple of hours. Thanks all for your guidance in finding that spot. Definitely sign me up when it comes time to pull volunteers to develop it. Packed out a little extra garbage today, as usual. Things were looking okay, though.

View attachment 540338

If those don't last there consider putting them on the sides in the dirt just 3' or so up from the bottom.

View attachment 540338
I was on lane 2 when you & your friends dropped in. It was a good time to take a break and gave me a chance to pickup some more of the shot shells laying about. The markers look great and are easy to see. Great contribution! Glad you found the spot up the road too ;)

I was on lane 2 when you & your friends dropped in. It was a good time to take a break and gave me a chance to pickup some more of the shot shells laying about. The markers look great and are easy to see. Great contribution! Glad you found the spot up the road too ;)

Glad to meet you... again. :)

I liked your tarp setup. I've been doing it the hard way, either picking up shells afterwards or putting a cantankerous brass catcher on my rifle. I went out and tarp that afternoon.

How valuable is a brick? You know, the kind made with concrete and embeded in the ground? I suppose it's more valuable if it has numbers and an arrow painted on it.

Well, apparently, someone thinks they are valuable. Only 2 bricks remain at lane 2. PUNKS!

So let us know if you happen to notice a brick with a number and an arrow on it in someones yard. I'd like to go kick some tail! :mad:

How valuable is a brick? You know, the kind made with concrete and embeded in the ground? I suppose it's more valuable if it has numbers and an arrow painted on it.

Well, apparently, someone thinks they are valuable. Only 2 bricks remain at lane 2. PUNKS!

So let us know if you happen to notice a brick with a number and an arrow on it in someones yard. I'd like to go kick some tail! :mad:

Well, that didn't take long. I'm making up drawing for version 2 now. A somewhat larger hole to imbed a 60lb trapezoidal block, with the small face up. Should be cheap to make, at a single bag of concrete each. Hopefully they'll take more force to get out of the ground than your average jerk is willing to muster. I'll run some sketches by you and @Reno911 to get the blessing from the powers that be before I build a casting form.

View attachment 539857
Those look awesome!

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top