JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you do start the event thread, copy the text at the bottom of the TNL webpage and paste it in. That is the details and map info you'll need.

I'm working today and have a meeting tonight, so it'll be a while if I try.
That would be the post you already replied to :D

Apparently it's not rocket science, here's the link to the sign-up thread/event page.

That would be the post you already replied to :D
In reply to your reply, of me replying twice to your previous reply, I must reply with this... I reserve the right to reply to any reply I wish to reply to, even by replying to the same reply I have previously replied.

Heck, I'll even reply to my own reply!

Any reply to that? :)

A couple tools we'll need for the May 21st event...

• Trailer for hauling the trash. We can take it to the Forest Grove Transfer Station on Sat if we get there by 3 PM. I'm planning on Trash No Land to cover the cost, so I should be along for the ride or follow. I could also pick up the trailer on the Friday before and return it after 3 on Sat. It'd be nice to have someone come help me unload at the dump.
  • A post hole digger. I'm bringing the missing post, at the gate, and we'll need to ream out the old hole and set the post back in.
  • Cordless drill, socket set & drill bits. We'll be replacing one of the 4x6 beams across the top of the lane 4 sign and will need to drill it out and lag bolt the new one on. I'll have the screws needed to secure the plywood and 2x4's. Your drill should be equipped with a Phillips bit.
  • A grill master for grilling up lunch.
  • 2-3 Rattle can artists for painting the jersey barriers. We'll repeat the same pattern we had before. I'll bring the paint. It'll be only to the jersey barriers that need it.

Last Edited:
A couple tools we'll need for the May 21st event...

• Trailer for hauling the trash. We can take it to the Forest Grove Transfer Station on Sat if we get there by 3 PM. I'm planning on Trash No Land to cover the cost, so I should be along for the ride or follow. I could also pick up the trailer on the Friday before and return it after 3 on Sat. It'd be nice to have someone come help me unload at the dump.
  • A post hole digger. I'm bringing the missing post, at the gate, and we'll need to ream out the old hole and set the post back in.
  • Cordless drill, socket set & drill bits. We'll be replacing one of the 4x6 beams across the top of the lane 4 sign and will need to drill it out and lag bolt the new one on. I'll have the screws needed to secure the plywood and 2x4's. Your drill should be equipped with a Phillips bit.
  • A grill master for grilling up lunch.
  • 2-3 Rattle can artists for painting the jersey barriers. We'll repeat the same pattern we had before. I'll bring the paint. It'll be only to the jersey barriers that need it.
@drewp Do you have a trailer for rent or borrow for this?

@Cogs I'll make plans to be there, I can paint.

@Cogs
I can tow (if hitch provided) as well haul (truck) and help do the dump run, i can bring power tools (any more specifics? size of lag bolts etc?) i can paint. Technically i can cook up food too, again if needed.

Just let me know.

@Cogs
I can tow (if hitch provided) as well haul (truck) and help do the dump run, i can bring power tools (any more specifics? size of lag bolts etc?) i can paint. Technically i can cook up food too, again if needed.

Just let me know.
Thanks! My pickup bed will be full of stuff so I only have the option of a trailer, but if you can haul one, I may want to tow a 2nd one (depending on the capacity each).

As for the lag bolts, we'll reuse what's there and I'll bring some extras.

Sounds like you're a one man handyman! Thanks for the help!

ODF went out to evaluate the kiosk conditions and write up a list of lumber they need to order. Here's what they found:

Wolf Creek #4 : WC#4

• No plywood and no bottom cross piece.
  • Just a frame of 4x6
  • It has a 4x6 top header but not engraved.
  • Needs new info signs
  • Lots of trash

Wolf Creek #3 : WC#3, WC#3B, WC#3L

• Plywood back is shot through needs replaced
  • Frame is in good shape
  • Lots of trash, graffiti and trees shot
  • Bottom piece of plywood 16" x 55" in good shape
  • Needs new info signs

Wolf Creek #2 : WC#2, WC#2B

• Plywood is shot through needs replaced
  • Plywood on bottom is ok but could be replaced soon
  • Left side of 4x6 post is shot still sound but could use replaced.
  • Needs new info signs
  • Lots of trash

Wolf Creek #1 : WC#1, WC#1B, WC#1L

• Ply is shot but not all the way through yet.
  • Frame is in good shape
  • Lots of trash and Graffiti
  • Needs new info signs

New signs are printed and ready to install at North Fork Wolf Creek Shooting Lanes. These are printed on Corex sign material (white corrugated type), like you see with realtor and political signage. They will be mounted to the plywood at each Kiosk info center at each shooting lane. These signs will withstand the weather elements much better than the old laminated paper ones!

On May 21st, we will rebuild the damaged Kiosk's and mount these new signs. (Oregon Dept of Forestry is providing all the lumber, cut to size, for the Kiosks).

These signs clearly define the lanes and are more like a golf coarse map sign you would see at each hole. The pictorial layout is easy to understand. The information is minimal but to the point.

Also, on May 21st, we will do a major cleanup of all 4 shooting lanes and paint over some graffiti on the firing lines.

Then we enjoy a lunch together and raffle off some free prizes! Then break out the guns and blow the place apart! (then we'll have to clean it up again!)

More info about this event is on our website Events page at:
https://www.trashnoland.org/category/upcoming-events/

Pictured with me is Sara of Minuteman Press of Camas, WA / formerly Columbia Litho . They did a REAL NICE JOB on all 24 signs!

Printed Signs.jpg

Link to the info here on NWFA too.

@Cogs don't forget to let me know which of those things you want me to do.
Yeah, lets haul some trailers! Sounds like we have one lined up, via drewp, and I think we'll need one more. If we can arrange to pick up trailers on Friday the 20th in the afternoon, that would be best for me. You said you need a 2.5"? Is that the ball size of the trailer? Standard is 2", but I have heard of larger sizes. I have a couple 2", a 2 7/8" and a 7/8". I might have an extra drop too.

I have a standard receiver which I think is a 2.5" bar but I can easily confirm that.
So whatever hitch suitable for the trailer that fits a standard 2.5" receiver will do it.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top