JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Signs look good except the typo on the Lane 4 sign. It needs a 4 in the top right corner.
Good catch. It was the font. It didn't stand out enough when I changed it to Bold. So I changed it to Arial and Bold on each sign.

Lane 4 JPEG 1200.jpg
Also dimmed down the flag on each sign. It was too bright.

Thanks for the help!
Bill

<----80'yds----> or <----60'----> is too wordy?
Perhaps 'busy' is the word I should have used. I hate putting too much written stuff on signs because it's harder to easily see the important stuff.

I suppose I could get rid of the Meters part and put 'Feet' in that spot. But on lane 3 it already is full with the 2 berms and yards numbers.

I thought most people use 'Yards' when they're at the range.

Perhaps 'busy' is the word I should have used. I hate putting too much written stuff on signs because it's harder to easily see the important stuff.

I suppose I could get rid of the Meters part and put 'Feet' in that spot. But on lane 3 it already is full with the 2 berms and yards numbers.

I didn't even see the metres. What? Are we in Europe now? :D

I think most American shooters are going to relate to "yards" first.

Meters - military and foreigners
Feet - some pistol shooters

COUNT MY FAMILY IN FOR MAY CLEANUP (HOPEFULLY). WE WERE THERE SUNDAY. #3 WAS PRETTY CLEAN. WE TOOK SOME EXTRA TRASH WITH US OF SOME EMPTY CARTRIDGE BOXES LEFT. NO MUCH AT ALL WAS REALLY CLEAN.

I finally made it out to shoot in this area. Found a spot, did my shooting and picked up all my casings, a bunch of other people's casings, and a whole bag full of trash. Amazing how disrespectful people are of nature. Looking forward to attending a group cleanup and shooting session.

Ha! Yeah there was. Someone knocked it over. I think it was in the snow and they slid into it. I found it on the ground and stole it! It's at my place now, just waiting for our cleanup and repair event so we can put it back in the ground. Freakin thing is heavy and long! I let ODF know.

BTW, they are making a sign to mount to the post on the right that marks the way to the lanes. I don't see it there yet!

Cog's

Thank you for all the time you put in to keep the lanes open, Having ran a non profit myself, I know the time and money it takes to keep things going.

Now for a little bit of bad news...

ODF wants to close down Lane 1. The berm is too small and too many rounds are going beyond and into the hillside. The biggest concern, besides the fire hazards of stumps and brush, is the water pool between the berm and the hill. It could get contaminated with lead and they don't want that (could cause the whole place to shut down).

I took a pic early March and found it interesting that the trees, that used to be behind the berm and mowed down to the same level as the little berm that's there now. I remember when that was thick trees and you couldn't even walk through them. But more and more people blazed a trail and put targets on the hill. It's now led to this.

I'm pushing ODF to not close it, but build up that berm to 8 feet high again. Even if we have to just dump a load of dirt for now, it's be better than closing it. We're also asking Fish & Wildlife if they can help with the cost of gravel to rebuild it.

It's still going to be a while, waiting for funding and government decisions, so it might have to close until we get it fixed. I still have $2500 that we raised a couple years ago from many of you supporters who donated. Trash No Land is offering another $3000 from our General Funds account. We're still short about $5000 to $7000. That's where we hope ODFW & ODF will chip in to finish the project. This lane alone will run about $10,000 to 12,000 (before any upgrades to lane 4).

Lane 1 Trees mowed down 1.jpg

Now for a little bit of bad news...

ODF wants to close down Lane 1. The berm is too small and too many rounds are going beyond and into the hillside. The biggest concern, besides the fire hazards of stumps and brush, is the water pool between the berm and the hill. It could get contaminated with lead and they don't want that (could cause the whole place to shut down).

I took a pic early March and found it interesting that the trees, that used to be behind the berm and mowed down to the same level as the little berm that's there now. I remember when that was thick trees and you couldn't even walk through them. But more and more people blazed a trail and put targets on the hill. It's now led to this.

I'm pushing ODF to not close it, but build up that berm to 8 feet high again. Even if we have to just dump a load of dirt for now, it's be better than closing it. We're also asking Fish & Wildlife if they can help with the cost of gravel to rebuild it.

It's still going to be a while, waiting for funding and government decisions, so it might have to close until we get it fixed. I still have $2500 that we raised a couple years ago from many of you supporters who donated. Trash No Land is offering another $3000 from our General Funds account. We're still short about $5000 to $7000. That's where we hope ODFW & ODF will chip in to finish the project. This lane alone will run about $10,000 to 12,000 (before any upgrades to lane 4).

View attachment 1166592
Have they reconsidered using jersey barriers to skeletonize a berm? This lane would be ideal for that. Build up a Jersey barrier structure then dump a ton of rock and dirt on it followed by the 1/4-10 product.

Have they reconsidered using jersey barriers to skeletonize a berm? This lane would be ideal for that. Build up a Jersey barrier structure then dump a ton of rock and dirt on it followed by the 1/4-10 product.
Yeah, that's the plan for the full upgrade and that's where the $10k to 12k comes from. A cheap 'quick fix ' would be just dump more dirt to keep it open until we get the final project done.

i may had a lead on rock, ill look and see if my client may be able to donate some. also have another client w a dump truck, so ill put the feelers out see what i catch!
Thank you. I'll have sizes and quantities later, because they're going to ask.

Also, i received a notice about your support for Trash No Land! Thank You! Will send an email this evening.

yeah my gal is asking me now if its just 3/4 minus. so yes details will help. No promises but im hopeful she can get owners to help possibly. shes the accountant/payroll etc and good friends w ownership, so i like the odds.
Fingers Crossed!

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top