JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One week to go till we fix up Wolf Creek Lanes!!! I'm getting hyped!

I heard from ODF today, and they have all the lumber prep'd and ready for pick up (I''ll get it on Friday). I have all the new signs printed and ready to rock each lane. This weekend I'm working on prepping for the materials we'll need (trash bags, trailer hitch balls, prizes, grocery list for lunch, jersey barrier paint, and the event load list).

I'm about to rent an auger for digging out the fence post hole down at the gate. Lowes has a fair price at $76/day, unless someone has one we can borrow or rent a little cheaper (this event is already pushing the $500 mark, but it will be worth it!).

Depending on when I pick up the trailer, pick up the lumber, get to the lanes and set up camp on Friday, I might have time to install the post before dark so we wouldn't have to do that on Saturday. We'll see.

Post a note if you can make it! I'm trying to figure out how many hamburgers to buy! 10, 50, 75?

I mentioned camp... who remembers this camp (off the corner of lane 3)? I think it might have been our first camp out at the lanes.

5-13-18 1.jpg 5-13-18 2.jpg 5-13-18 3.jpg

5-13-18 4.jpg 5-13-18 5.jpg 5-13-18 6.jpg

5-13-18 7.jpg 5-13-18 8.jpg 5-13-18 9.jpg

5-13-18 10.jpg 5-13-18 11.jpg

I'll be capturing some video of this event and plan to produce a vid similar to the one below, although this new vid will NOT be shy on talking about shooting in the woods (I dampered down this last video so it might show shooters in a good light that we join other groups to share recreation responsibilities).

Our video for May 21st will be themed; "What's it to ya?". What does public land target shooting mean to you? We'll be asking for interviews to answer that question. So don't be shy and bring your good sense of humor!

@FordPrefect is planning to fly his new drone, and @SrMachoSolo will have the XA40 camera on the ground. @Jefsound , can you be our audio guy? I've got the wireless DJI Mic lapels, Zoom H6 w/shotgun mic and other mic options to capture the sounds, and would be awesome to have a real sound guy there who can connect all this stuff!

I wouldn't mind a 2nd ground camera w/operator too! Or, someone to use my DSLR to take still photos.

Here's the vid of the event on April 30th, '22. A multi- group cleanup event. Theme was "Why do I volunteer?".
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

@Cogs what's the deal with the second trailer? what do i need to do?
just come to my house and pick it up
Yup. Just come pick it up at drewp's house. I'll get you the GPS co-ordnance before then. I'll leave a 2 5/16" trailer ball with him, for you to have (in other words... keep it for any future needs, it's yours.). I should be at his house about 10 or 11 Am on Friday. I'll hitch up the big trailer, you take the smaller one.

I sure appreciate your help with hauling the trailer and trash! We gonna do this!

Thanks man!

Yup. Just come pick it up at drewp's house. I'll get you the GPS co-ordnance before then. I'll leave a 2 5/16" trailer ball with him, for you to have (in other words... keep it for any future needs, it's yours.). I should be at his house about 10 or 11 Am on Friday. I'll hitch up the big trailer, you take the smaller one.

I sure appreciate your help with hauling the trailer and trash! We gonna do this!

Thanks man!
Absolutely, let me know the address etc and i'll swing by on Saturday morning on the way up there, thanks both.

@Cogs
Sure do remember camping there. The brass scroungers showed up at 2:30 ayem and cleaned up all the shiney stuff for us. Strange doings....
As I have moved to Idaho I regret not being close enough to throw in on this event. Rest assured, l do my share of trash removal from local remote shooting spots here. Carry on.... :s0017:

I have a spare 2 inch receiver/ball (unsure of ball size, I THINK 2 inches) that I no longer need if anyone needs to borrow it.
No prob Rob. I'm going to pick up 2 of the 2 5/16" balls, so I'll have one for you.

My truck is a 1/2 ton, that identifies as a 3/4 ton because of the high heel suspension it wears. If you have a real 3/4 ton, you should be the one to tow the bigger dump trailer and I'll take the smaller one.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top