JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, lets haul some trailers! Sounds like we have one lined up, via drewp, and I think we'll need one more. If we can arrange to pick up trailers on Friday the 20th in the afternoon, that would be best for me. You said you need a 2.5"? Is that the ball size of the trailer? Standard is 2", but I have heard of larger sizes. I have a couple 2", a 2 7/8" and a 7/8". I might have an extra drop too.
both my trailers take a 2 5/16 ball and I can provide hitches for both trailers, I'll try to have both empty for use that weekend

both my trailers take a 2 5/16 ball and I can provide hitches for both trailers, I'll try to have both empty for use that weekend
Cogs or F2cmax...if one of you can text me 2 or 4 days before the clean up ill make sure to have both trailers clear,
do the grounds need any wood chips or gravel? I could have the dumping trailer pre loaded....

Cogs or F2cmax...if one of you can text me 2 or 4 days before the clean up ill make sure to have both trailers clear,
do the grounds need any wood chips or gravel? I could have the dumping trailer pre loaded....
Thanks, Drewp, Cogs, would you mind handling this side of it?
Also, Drewp, can you let me know where I'll need to pick it up from?

I'll certainly keep in touch prior to Friday the 20th.

Hmmm... Gravel... We sure could use some at lane 3 to top off both impact berms, however, logistics of that aren't so easy. We'd need a way to get it from in front of the boulders to on top of the short berm. We could winch out a couple boulders and back the trailer in to dump. Would be best to have a mini tractor there to place the gravel.

Another concern would be the gravel itself. It would need to be 1/4-10 washed (for over the berms). I could ask ODF if ODOT would load us up on the way through on Friday (the ODOT yard on Hwy 26).

We may, however, save the gravel idea until we rebuild lane 1, and order extra gravel to add to lane 3.

@drewp @Cogs Sorry, i need to state i have a standard 2" receiver, not sure why i thought it was a 2.5" - should make things easier i hope.
No prob Rob. I'm going to pick up 2 of the 2 5/16" balls, so I'll have one for you.

My truck is a 1/2 ton, that identifies as a 3/4 ton because of the high heel suspension it wears. If you have a real 3/4 ton, you should be the one to tow the bigger dump trailer and I'll take the smaller one.

No prob Rob. I'm going to pick up 2 of the 2 5/16" balls, so I'll have one for you.

My truck is a 1/2 ton, that identifies as a 3/4 ton because of the high heel suspension it wears. If you have a real 3/4 ton, you should be the one to tow the bigger dump trailer and I'll take the smaller one.
Haha, no, i have a half ton that identifies as a half ton :D

was up at Wolf creek yesterday 4-24 we got in to lane 4, first time in that lane... had great day with family beautiful weather to be there.
1) We shared with 2 other great groups already there. the first group left early(2 younger kids probably 18-25) but they spent at least 30 mins picking up the left side of shooting line and pretty much the left half of the lane w 2 large bags of garbage. 1 with almost only 12 gauge shells. ***that they were not shooting BTW. i told them Thank you! and said we running a cleanup on 21st of may..
2)we also picked up the right half behind the Jersey Blocks and in front as well another 2 small kitchen bags of casings and garbage..

3) sad to see the sign missing everything and shot up a bit. What the hell possess people to shoot the damn wood sign? im guessing once new backboards up will take the urge to shoot a nice sign vs one thats beat up...only 1 can hope..

4) over all lane 4 looked good :)
5) did notice 1 and 2 were just filthy as we drove by. 3 looked ok but was still about 4 guys there when we left @ 5:30. hopefully they picked up some cuz 3 looked really cluttered w lots of shotty shells and target trash.

ALL IN ALL WAS A GREAT DAY TO INTRODUCE MY GRANDDAUGHTER AND YOUNGEST TO SHOOTING AND RESPECT FOR THE LAND WE HAVE TO USE IF WE TAKE CARE OF IT
I AM IN WHEELCHAIR TYE DYE🧑‍🦽:s0003:
ME MY SON AND OLDEST GRANDSON.jpg ME.jpg MY SON AND GRANDDAUGHTER.jpg MY SON ME AND GRAND DAUGHTER.jpg KASPIAN.jpg YOUNGEST GRANDSON.jpg !

was up at Wolf creek yesterday 4-24 we got in to lane 4, first time in that lane... had great day with family beautiful weather to be there.
1) We shared with 2 other great groups already there. the first group left early(2 younger kids probably 18-25) but they spent at least 30 mins picking up the left side of shooting line and pretty much the left half of the lane w 2 large bags of garbage. 1 with almost only 12 gauge shells. ***that they were not shooting BTW. i told them Thank you! and said we running a cleanup on 21st of may..
2)we also picked up the right half behind the Jersey Blocks and in front as well another 2 small kitchen bags of casings and garbage..

3) sad to see the sign missing everything and shot up a bit. What the hell possess people to shoot the damn wood sign? im guessing once new backboards up will take the urge to shoot a nice sign vs one thats beat up...only 1 can hope..

5) did notice 1 and 2 were just filthy as we drove by. 3 looked ok but was still about 4 guys there when we left @ 5:30. hopefully they picked up some cuz 3 looked really cluttered w lots of shotty shells and target trash.

ALL IN ALL WAS A GREAT DAY TO INTRODUCE MY GRANDDAUGHTER AND YOUNGEST TO SHOOTING AND RESPECT FOR THE LAND WE HAVE TO USE IF WE TAKE CARE OF IT
View attachment 1185328View attachment 1185329View attachment 1185330View attachment 1185331View attachment 1185327View attachment 1185332!
A great day indeed! Just hearing about the young adults cleaning up was awesome enough, but to hear the rest of the story and see pics of the lane was really encouraging! And seeing the kids learning about shooting is really cool! Glad you reported!

Love the tri-pod setup! Looks like it works well for you.

Love the ear protection on the little one!

Are those target stands yours? Or do you have to bring your own stands?

Are those target stands yours? Or do you have to bring your own stands?
It's always best to invest in your own target stands. That way, you're sure to bring them home if you have a little cash tied up in them.

Come join us for the cleanup and repairs, on May 21st, and you could possible win a free Hatpoint target stand!

Hatpoint Target 1000.jpg

Hey Gabe85. You will need to bring your own target stands.
In addition to @Cogs favorite 'go to', there is also one of my favorite local companies, Thor Targets (based in Lebanon, OR) that has some really 'good for the money' steal target systems worth looking in to. In fact I was just at Bi-Mart this afternoon failing to keep my new years resolve to stop buying firearms all the time and I notice they have a new system by Thor Targets for just under ninety bucks that would be an excellent way to start enjoying shooting on steal.
c0411aee-3b6b-48b7-a16d-8f243856a596.jpg

It's always best to invest in your own target stands. That way, you're sure to bring them home if you have a little cash tied up in them.

Come join us for the cleanup and repairs, on May 21st, and you could possible win a free Hatpoint target stand!

View attachment 1194492
These Hat Point stands are the BOMB! We picked up two of them. They're not for steel. I don't use the anchor spikes that came with them. I prefer to use a couple rocks from the range to set on them to hold 'em down. All you need is an 8' firing strip cut in half for two 4' uprights. The stand holds them very nice. Some cardboard cut to size to hold your paper targets and a staple gun. They're light weight and nest together for easy carry down range.
They seem like a pretty good chunk of change, but I don't see them ever wearing out or breaking. Unless you somehow abuse the heck out of them? Comparing the Hat Point stands to some of the smaller metal stands, I feel like these aren't much more money for how they're built and work.

And no, I have no skin in the game. But I am extremely frugal/cheap.

These Hat Point stands are the BOMB! We picked up two of them. They're not for steel. I don't use the anchor spikes that came with them. I prefer to use a couple rocks from the range to set on them to hold 'em down. All you need is an 8' firing strip cut in half for two 4' uprights. The stand holds them very nice. Some cardboard cut to size to hold your paper targets and a staple gun. They're light weight and nest together for easy carry down range.
They seem like a pretty good chunk of change, but I don't see them ever wearing out or breaking. Unless you somehow abuse the heck out of them? Comparing the Hat Point stands to some of the smaller metal stands, I feel like these aren't much more money for how they're built and work.

And no, I have no skin in the game. But I am extremely frugal/cheap.
I use these as well. if your accurate the strip last. until your son pulls out the shotty @ end of day w bird shot and blows the top half off!! LOL but yes the stand is never gonna wear out. i got mine on amazon 29.99.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top