JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any word on dealing with the general erosion and muddy conditions on the lanes? The 3rd lane seems to be the best in terms of mud and overall condition. Lane 2 becomes a lake when it rains and lane 4 a general mud trap.

Also has anyone heard any rumblings about expanding the area for more shooting or opening new public ranges elsewhere? It seem like this project has been a resounding success. People are going to shoot only question is where?

Looking to set up a walk through with Randy at ODF soon. May end up being after the holidays. Going to review materials and erosion from use and weather.

No news on expansion yet, I'll definitely bring it up when we meet.

Can anybody report on current conditions there now? This is my first winter here so I don't know what to expect. Can you go there and shoot now? Is it just a mud pit? Does it snow much how deep? I have a very capable lifted 4x4 but I'm also not looking to trash the roads or my 4Runner. Sure would love go get in a few min between storms. Last time I went #3 has a pool of water in front of the 30 yard burn. I never get to see #4 it's always taken

i need to sight in a couple rifles, it will be my first time sighting in scopes as I am a fairly new shooter, been shooting handguns for quite a while now but not rifles, I got a savage mk ii .22lr and an AR. Is this a place that i could do this at? maybe out to 100 yards or so? maybe there would even be some folks around to help out :D

i need to sight in a couple rifles, it will be my first time sighting in scopes as I am a fairly new shooter, been shooting handguns for quite a while now but not rifles, I got a savage mk ii .22lr and an AR. Is this a place that i could do this at? maybe out to 100 yards or so? maybe there would even be some folks around to help out :D

I'm pretty sure lane 3 is 75yards, lane 4 is 100yards.

I'm heading up there on Thursday. I have the day off and I need to run some rounds though my new shotgun. Hopefully the weather report will hold. It's calling for dry conditions until the evening.

The upper 2 lanes should work well for you.

I am here at the shooting Lanes as I write this post. Highway 26 is completely clear and passable. North Fork Wolf Creek Road has snow on it but the ruts are clear. Although the ruts are clear there is still a fair amount of snow on the road itself and I absolutely would not recommend coming up here in anything but a four-wheel drive vehicle. There is anywhere from 4 to 6 inches of snow on either side of the ruts.

Weather conditions at this time are cold and foggy, but you can still see to the end of even the longest Lane.

*EDIT*

OK, I'm home now and post a few pics. Here's the road leading in, about halfway to the shooting lane cutoff:
IMG_20161229_090419692_HDR_zps9twtr8o8.jpg

Here's the cutoff to the shooting lanes:
IMG_20161229_091209043_zps3iacgpnl.jpg

Last Edited:
Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top