JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
great thanks for the info extactly what i want to know. I like to think I am a very safe and courteous shooter and would deffinatley clean up any trash i saw. Is this a fairly popular spot? does it get crowded ect, what are good times to go? early am?

We have been promoting the spot pretty heavily to get regular shooters to a safer and more appropriate place to shoot so it is getting popular. weekends will be busy. This time of year with the rain may keep some people away.

We have been promoting the spot pretty heavily to get regular shooters to a safer and more appropriate place to shoot so it is getting popular. weekends will be busy. This time of year with the rain may keep some people away.
It was full in the rain Saturday. Lots of quick shades..

I use tripcheck.com. They have cameras along hwy 26. Offhand I don't know which camera to use but the The Timbers intersection is a very low point and the View Point I'd say is much higher. If ther is any snow around Timbers it's likely to be at the range in my opinion.

Today my buddy and I went up to check this place out. Drove right to it went to the end set our targets shot 100 rounds pistol ea and started to get cold and foggy. Then a white SUV that said Oregon Forest service on it and my first thought was are we in the wrong place, LOL it was 2 guys Allen and Wayne Auble and we talked with them for 2hr and they were there to check out the place in terms of how the Pistol Berm was holding up and how the trash looked. Prior to them showing up we had just picked up our brass and putting our targets away. We brought bags and both of us filled them up and the OFS guys did the same so 4 of us talked about the project and they were very happy with NWF participation in their project and see this as a model to move forward in other locations around the state. They recognize that the lack of gun safety education in our schools is a problem that causes their most concern for safety and liability with a small percentage of the shooters. Which are always as we know the ones that get these areas closed for shooting. Seems to me if we could partner with these guys in a larger way with teaching gun safety with children we could get a big payback. Less accidents, children growing up with gun safety and confidence and the shoring up of our 2A future voters in this state. It was great up their shooting and I hope more of these and the momentum for shooting sports continues this state needs this to stave off the anti gun crowd.

Last Edited:
...They recognize that the lack of gun safety education in our schools is a problem that causes their most concern for safety and liability with a small percentage of the shooters. Which are always as we know the ones that get these areas closed for shooting. Seems to me if we could partner with these guys in a larger way with teaching gun safety with children we could get a big payback. Less accidents, children growing up with gun safety and confidence and the shoring up of our 2A future voters in this state. It was great up their shooting and I hope more of these and the momentum for shooting sports continues this state needs this to stave off the anti gun crowd.
Good thoughts on kids gun safety training. Here's an outfit, out of Eugene, that works with kids gun safety... Derek of Kids S.A.F.E Foundation... Kids S.A.F.E. Foundation
His Facebook page is... Kids SAFE Foundation - 简介 | Facebook
And his NWFA user name is @LethalLovebird .

Glad you had the opportunity to meet and talk with Allen and Wayne. Good people!

Thanks for sharing!!! I'm ready and poised to be able to teach in the schools. I just need contact info for local school districts. I will take it from there. I have a pilot program starting in February with a local school district hopefully I can expand from there.

This is what is needed but letting a current state agency drive this is what we need to work on. Getting this done without their help will go now where in this state. Remember Oregon schools are controlled by the teachers union plain and simple. I would say a sit down with Wayne and Allen would be the best first step to creating an overall strategic plan of success.
But there is no better time to start this than right know. With all the resources here at NWF this could be a great way to take all the objections of cost and resources out of the reason not to by the State. Lets rally and set some meetings to accomplish our objectives instead of being on defense every day in this state. I also think we should start a letter writing camplain to our new Prez on 2 topics expanding our 2A rights through fed land shooting areas like the state and putting gun safety back into schools. If the Fed went for it over the State we still win. If both Utopia Oops, a great thing, But that's just me.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top