JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got up there around 830am this morning and took lane #2. A lot of trash left behind already. I cleaned what I could but still more as I didn't bring a big trash bag. All I had was my bucket. I picked up my all casings/targets and then some. If rain wasn't come down hard, I would have cleaned some more. There was broken glass on the ground behind of the barrier and I picked up what I could without gloves.

If you are not shooting much, its not that much work to clean, even in the rain. If you could afford to shoot a lot, you can afford some basic brass pickup tool!

20200503_093013.jpg 20200503_093018.jpg 20200503_093024.jpg 20200503_093026.jpg 20200503_093031.jpg

20200503_093013.jpg

Last Edited:
Beautiful day at "The Lanes" today. Had place to ourselves for awhile and were able to site in 2 new AR pistols, a new scope on the Savage .17 that I bought from a member here (Thanks!) and were half way through a 30-30 ladder when a very nice young couple asked to join us on the short side.

But.........you can count me in on the next cleanup day whenever we will be allowed.

IMG_20200505_085145725_HDR.jpg

Beautiful day at "The Lanes" today. Had place to ourselves for awhile and were able to site in 2 new AR pistols, a new scope on the Savage .17 that I bought from a member here (Thanks!) and were half way through a 30-30 ladder when a very nice young couple asked to join us on the short side.

But.........you can count me in on the next cleanup day whenever we will be allowed.

View attachment 693365

How's that portable bench rest working out for you? Brand and model? Thanks :)

Pretty mellow up there today. All the lanes were in use, except maybe lane 1, passed it up, but looked like somebody took it on the way back down. Drove up the road a ways and did a little shooting. Glad to see most of the signs put up last fall were still standing. I forgot to bring trash bags, not that it would have helped with this...

4EF2EE21-32E9-4795-BB0A-2164FD03E370.jpeg
BCA46E51-48B2-4E61-8B5B-FCEDE1205E77.jpeg
However, from some of the other areas I saw, I'd be better with a tarp and pickup. Should probably make due with a hatchet for more pallet sized litter.

All in all, a much needed trip out from "all this"...
:s0155:

Y'all just use like grey spray primer to cover that stuff up? I'll put some in the box if so.
Yeah, so far that's what we're doing. It helps to have a couple shades of grey to try to match the concrete or rock color. Try to feather it out so it looks as natural as can be.

ODF is not too thrilled about using spray paint on the rocks or concrete. They would much rather have it cleaned off. Me too, but, it is so labor intense that it's ridiculous to invest that much elbow grease and end up with cleaned lines that still show what was written.

I would like to do a pressure washer, but the thought of hauling enough water puts a damper on that idea. The power would be easy, but the water not so.

The parts I like about the spray paint is that we can get it covered right away and with little effort. Cost is not so great either. I think the end result is just fine and I don't think it harms the environment either. If it's a good job, no one really notices unless they really look at it for a while.

Yeah, so far that's what we're doing. It helps to have a couple shades of grey to try to match the concrete or rock color. Try to feather it out so it looks as natural as can be.

ODF is not too thrilled about using spray paint on the rocks or concrete. They would much rather have it cleaned off. Me too, but, it is so labor intense that it's ridiculous to invest that much elbow grease and end up with cleaned lines that still show what was written.

I would like to do a pressure washer, but the thought of hauling enough water puts a damper on that idea. The power would be easy, but the water not so.

The parts I like about the spray paint is that we can get it covered right away and with little effort. Cost is not so great either. I think the end result is just fine and I don't think it harms the environment either. If it's a good job, no one really notices unless they really look at it for a while.

Also, when you go back a week later and someone has graffitied back in the same spot, it doesn't hurt as much because you didn't put a bunch of time into cleaning. :oops:

Also FYI here in Pdx, where graffiti is never ending, the city employee just runs around painting over the graffiti with whatever he has that is close to the substrate color. In other words, they don't have a better solution than what u guys r doing as far as cleaning vs paint over it. .

So, it wasn't as gray as the can of paint suggested, not a lot to choose from at my local Bi Mart, but it looks better than the graffiti. I just Used a roller and brush, took me about 15 minutes.

644143-7f08b68bd73528aa7fdda1bf102a26c8.jpg

644144-f3741c6afa1f6a891a09f2ce4570f44b.jpg

644145-834035699f595877a5e7834250ace5eb.jpg

644146-fb4bad8791eb4633bdc15fd4bc6cb9c1.jpg

And now . . .

644147-3621ccfc9e2dbc83d7d958ceef8f9e29.jpg

644148-80d68c3bb0c5bc6cd3a32abb084dc369.jpg

644149-513b8fb3295ff0b76b3ac0bd687ddb55.jpg

644150-2e18c03b6e5e63f3cdfd460852cb83d3.jpg

If this looks too bad, somebody could spray paint over it, this will at least be a good first coat.

05-08-20.JPG 05-08-20-2.JPG 05-08-20-3.JPG 05-08-20-4.JPG 05-08-20-7.JPG 05-08-20-8.JPG 05-08-20-9.JPG 05-08-20-10.JPG

Maybe a local mobile detailer can help?
Mobile sand blasting would prob work but who has the equipment and time? Would need a gas powered compressor on the back of the truck.

I do think cleaning could be made easier though via some type of non-stick coating underneath. Not sure what would be best to use for that though. Somebody should try a strip of ballistol to see if that works. It does everything else ha ha. ;) It's Anise oil which is organic and poeple have drank it for years to cure stomach ailments and a lot of other ills. I mean drank ballistol specifically, not just anise oil. Only product I'm aware of that is marketed and sold as both a CLP and internal medicine at the same time.

Last Edited:
So, it wasn't a gray as the can of paint suggested, not a lot to choose from at my local Bi Mart, but it looks better than the graffiti I just. Used a roller and brush, took me about 15 minutes.

View attachment 694472

View attachment 694473

View attachment 694474

View attachment 694475

And now . . .

View attachment 694476

View attachment 694477

View attachment 694478

View attachment 694479

If this looks too bad, somebody could spray paint over it, this will at least be a good first coat.

View attachment 694464 View attachment 694465 View attachment 694466 View attachment 694467 View attachment 694468 View attachment 694469 View attachment 694470 View attachment 694471
Looks a heck of a lot better. Great job!

I just bring the Mrs... She chases my brass for me, does a darn good job too. Always costs me coffee afterwards... :D

Mine will come along but only if she gets to shoot too. When she is shooting I'm chasing brass and while I am shooting she goes after the brass. It usually costs me two latte's (one on the way out, another one after we get back) but we do leave the site clean.

Now if they would only open up the areas down here in AZ. They just closed the national forests due to drier than normal conditions & fire danger. All the public and civilian access allowed military sites are closed to all but LEOs. Oh well...pretty soon it will be too damn hot to go out anyway.

Also, it looks like somebody moved one of the boulders so they could drive up the lane . . .

View attachment 694483

View attachment 694484

It looks like the boulder they moved is about to crumble apart too . . .

View attachment 694485

View attachment 694480 View attachment 694481 View attachment 694482
Okay, thanks. Hmmm... I may be able to come up with a couple boulders just under that size. If so, I'll load them on my truck and deliver. I can't do it this weekend, and I'm back to work for the past 2 weeks so can't do it weekdays, so it might be the next weekend... maybe. Can't promise it yet and it might need to wait till we do the lane 1 & 4 renovation work. But if I can get them loaded, and have the time & gas available on a Sat or Sun, I'll take them up.

I've pulled out some pretty big boulders with my truck winch this past week and I'm free to take any I want. Already took 3 loads to my house, I suppose I could load a couple for Wolf Creek Lanes.

Okay, thanks. Hmmm... I may be able to come up with a couple boulders just under that size. If so, I'll load them on my truck and deliver. I can't do it this weekend, and I'm back to work for the past 2 weeks so can't do it weekdays, so it might be the next weekend... maybe. Can't promise it yet and it might need to wait till we do the lane 1 & 4 renovation work. But if I can get them loaded, and have the time & gas available on a Sat or Sun, I'll take them up.

I've pulled out some pretty big boulders with my truck winch this past week and I'm free to take any I want. Already took 3 loads to my house, I suppose I could load a couple for Wolf Creek Lanes.

I actually gave thought to trying to move it back with my car, but would have probably only set off my air bag :D Then I took a good look at the boulder they moved and I really don't know what's keeping it from crumbling into pieces.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top