JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Can someone tell me how the road is? Planning on shooting tomorrow. Last time we were up there it was getting pretty rough. I am wondering if a Honda Civic can make it to the last lane.

for the most part it's fine. There are some potholes before going up the ramp, but can easily avoid/drive around it. Once up the ramp towards and before lane #1, there are few potholes that have gotten a little bigger than about a month ago. Beyond that, very smooth sailing. Not sure how a front wheel drive would handle the steep sections given it's raining today. This is as of 5/17 8am...

Thanks for the info guys. Been years since I've owned a truck, but have elk hunted out of an old beater Corolla and have got into some pretty dicey situations, but never got stuck. As long as I don't blow a tire on the pit run that I recall being up there last fall, we should be good to go.

This thread is for the general discussion of the outdoor shooting area North Fork Wolf Creek Shooting Lanes. Please add to the discussion here.
PLEASE WATCH OUT FOR THIS DUDE SOOO RUDE. Black Honda Accord or Toyota Camry.
I have been to this place many times and the folks here are generally friendly and accommodating like me. If I see a lane occupied and still see some space left, I approach with a nice smile and ask nicely if they would allow me to join shooting with them. If they say no, it means no and I move on. I have said both yes and no also if I am occupying any lanes based on available space and gut feel. But this dude today was really pushing it and mean in his approach to the group. We already have 6 shooters occupying all the space on lane #4 but still insisted even though the group already said the lanes are full. We all felt uncomfortable and he keeps on shouting and arguing to the group about not sharing when in fact we already have 6 shooters so we all decided that he is not a good fit. Anyway, I am posting this warning and making this dude popular so the other nice folks using this range can watch out for this rude guy. Some of the photos were taken by my wife because she heard the shouting from inside the car. This dude came charging back when he noticed that we were taking pics of him for our safety. Good thing cooler heads prevail because it is not good to charge and look menacing to anyone in a shooting range. Stay safe and use your gut feel with strangers with guns!
IMG_4841.jpg IMG_4843.jpg IMG_4842.jpg IMG_4840.jpg

This thread is for the general discussion of the outdoor shooting area North Fork Wolf Creek Shooting Lanes. Please add to the discussion here.

I have been to this place many times and the folks here are generally friendly and accommodating like me. If I see a lane occupied and still see some space left, I approach with a nice smile and ask nicely if they would allow me to join shooting with them. If they say no, it means no and I move on. I have said both yes and no also if I am occupying any lanes based on available space and gut feel. But this dude today was really pushing it and mean in his approach to the group. We already have 6 shooters occupying all the space on lane #4 but still insisted even though the group already said the lanes are full. We all felt uncomfortable and he keeps on shouting and arguing to the group about not sharing when in fact we already have 6 shooters so we all decided that he is not a good fit. Anyway, I am posting this warning and making this dude popular so the other nice folks using this range can watch out for this rude guy. Some of the photos were taken by my wife because she heard the shouting from inside the car. This dude came charging back when he noticed that we were taking pics of him for our safety. Good thing cooler heads prevail because it is not good to charge and look menacing to anyone in a shooting range. Stay safe and use your gut feel with strangers with guns!
View attachment 701187View attachment 701188View attachment 701189View attachment 701190

Thank you for sharing! This is what I worry the most when I go out there as I always have wife and kids with me. That's good that at least you were there with a larger group. Sad that there are always bad apples in any situation... :(

View attachment 701187View attachment 701188View attachment 701189View attachment 701190

This really sucks!! As popular as these lanes have become I've always worried it was just a matter of time before the lesser human specimens started to walk freely about the place. I hate we have to be on the lookout for them, but that is the times we live in. By the looks of his car I doubt he's the type to leave the graffiti we've been seeing, but he might still be of their kin. I've been going to these lanes regularly year round for nearly three years and I've run into to a couple of people who where rude at first, but ended up being ok. The only person I've met up there that I genuinely thought might snap was actual during one of our clean ups when he wasn't responding well to our request for him to stop for 20 to 30 minutes so we could clean lane 4 even though I gave him heads up nearly two hours earlier. Now that I think about, every encounter with the less than courteous has been up on lane 4. My guess is that it's usually the first lane to get occupied, but the last lane people check when showing up looking for a lane, so seeing the first three lanes occupied must be too much for the socially impaired and lane 4 ends up being where they loose patience. No excuse for the behavior, but something to consider if you find yourself on lane 4.

Bummer experience.

Welcome to the forum. Try hanging out here some, and participating. Good people here.

Thanks for the report, 2nd. Can you make out what his shirt says? I can't make it out.

Don't be discouraged, that only happens once in a great while. I think @Cosimel is right about finally loosing it at lane 4!

I spent the day at the Yacolt Burn State Forest, just NE of Washougal, WA, and it was super busy up there. All the folks I met were nice and welcoming, although I saw most were not shooting legal targets and a couple were shooting in an unsafe places.

Glad you kept your cool!

Have fun, be safe and carry on!

Bill

Thanks for the report, 2nd. Can you make out what his shirt says? I can't make it out.

Don't be discouraged, that only happens once in a great while. I think @Cosimel is right about finally loosing it at lane 4!

I spent the day at the Yacolt Burn State Forest, just NE of Washougal, WA, and it was super busy up there. All the folks I met were nice and welcoming, although I saw most were not shooting legal targets and a couple were shooting in an unsafe places.

Glad you kept your cool!

Have fun, be safe and carry on!

Bill
Sorry I can't make out his shirt too.

I think I found him!! That hoodie appears to be from a new gym that recently opened in Hillsboro called NXT Level Fitness and I believe he's the first guy on the left in this photo from the gym's web page. Maybe too many steroids that day?

Copy_of_3677_NE_John_Olsen_Avenue_Hillsboro_OR_97124_1_1600x.jpg

Last Edited:
Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top