JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was able to make it up to lane 3 early Friday morning for my version of a May Day observance and was joined by a couple of pairs of fellow May Day observers, one of which waited patently for the lane as to comply with social distancing; fun was had by all despite. There was a substantial amount of crap left behind, but nothing too weird.

View attachment 692138
View attachment 692139

I was able to clear it all off, but had to leave it by the lane sign since I'm officially laid-off from work and just don't have access to a dumpster anymore.

But the worst discovery by far is what can only be described at an escalation in graffiti.

View attachment 692140
View attachment 692141

I hope to get up to the lanes sometime next week and I'll bring some grey spray paint with me. But it's going to be one hell of a lot of area to cover.

But, I didn't let that spoil my fun . . . and much fun was had . . . :D

View attachment 692142

View attachment 692133 View attachment 692134 View attachment 692135 View attachment 692136 View attachment 692137

I'm gonna head up tomorrow, if I get that lane I'll cover it up with the paint I'll have

guys, you think this (5gal/1500 sq-ft) would enough to cover all 4 lanes?

Yes i would say it would be enough to cover the blocks in place.

Be wary of other ideas to coat, you end up resting your knees, or at the very least, rubbing your pants/legs against it in due course.

Siloxane - Sometimes this is specified on projects
Good find DD! I took a quick look at it and sounds like a good environmentally safe product to use. Hopefully won't be more than $50/gallon. Of course, I'd work the non-profit angle to try and get a donation of the product. Guess I'll find out next week cause the stores will be closed tomorrow. I'll need to find out, if we paint over the graffiti and then coat it with the anti graffiti coating, will that work okay.

Meanwhile, yes let's get it covered up!

It's good to see everyone putting their heads together to find solutions! Thanks all!!!

guys, you think this (5gal/1500 sq-ft) would enough to cover all 4 lanes?

Each jersey barrier is 12'w x 3'h = 36 sq ft. 1 gallon covers 300 sq ft, so, wouldn't need to do a 5 gallon bucket.

If you, or someone else buys it on Amazon, you should buy it on Amazon Smile and designate Trash No Land as your favorite charity! That way, Smile donates to TNL everytime you buy something and it doesn't cost you any more. Of course, I always use Amazon Smile whenever I buy anything on Amazon!

Each jersey barrier is 12'w x 3'h = 36 sq ft. 1 gallon covers 300 sq ft, so, wouldn't need to do a 5 gallon bucket.

If you, or someone else buys it on Amazon, you should buy it on Amazon Smile and designate Trash No Land as your favorite charity! That way, Smile donates to TNL everytime you buy something and it doesn't cost you any more. Of course, I always use Amazon Smile whenever I buy anything on Amazon!

sorry, i've only been to lane #3. How many of those barriers do we have total with all 4 lanes?

Rather than a cover up, does anyone have/or can get some of the citristrip to just remove the paint? That would be better, and also leave us with the concrete to apply the anti graffiti paint to instead of worrying whether we need to prep for paint a second time.

I was able to make it up to lane 3 early Friday morning for my version of a May Day observance ...
I was up at lane 4, I think you waved to me as you drove by. Snapped this photo shortly thereafter. Sunrise at NFWC:
83EDE52B-97AF-42B1-A9B3-0E257F9BC5D5.jpeg

*pic for attn*
Curious what you guys use to clean up spent casings.. other than a tarp/blanket..

I know there is the roller setups but with gravel I feel a lot of options won't work as great..

Looking for something to buy for my trips out there to help the cause.. thanks in advance!

2B21CDF8-0DED-4280-91A3-E67FBAF32292.jpeg

*pic for attn*
Curious what you guys use to clean up spent casings.. other than a tarp/blanket..

I know there is the roller setups but with gravel I feel a lot of options won't work as great..

Looking for something to buy for my trips out there to help the cause.. thanks in advance!

View attachment 692254

For brass, the best thing is a big tarp. Otherwise, it's a lot of bending over to pick it up out of the gravel. There are some brass catchers you could use but I think they get pretty awkward.

For steel casings and shotgun hulls, a Magnetic picker works real good. The kind with a release is best. I find them at Harbor Freight for about $11.

Magnetic Release.jpg

Pickers work real well. This one is real reasonable and works real well. Again, Harbor Freight at $10. Picker.jpg

*pic for attn*

View attachment 692254
I just bring the Mrs... She chases my brass for me, does a darn good job too. Always costs me coffee afterwards... :D

*pic for attn*

View attachment 692254

I was asking similar question in the general section

And looks like ammo-up has it on sale at the moment.

I too was looking at some HF option when it comes to steel casing.

but i think what @Cogs posted is even more cost effective. I can buy 2 and give to each of my boys to do the work

was thinking even just have some "screen" on the ground before start shooting but not sure how long that would last on top of gravels

but i think what @Cogs posted is even more cost effective. I can buy 2 and give to each of my boys to do the work

was thinking even just have some "screen" on the ground before start shooting but not sure how long that would last on top of gravels
Thanks for the heads up. Ya those look like the go to tools!

This one works good for nails and steel etc. but doesn't help with brass. Fairly wide sweep. But u have to pick the stuff off after it's sucked onto magnet. $10-$11

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews