JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wow...that's the barbecue spot. We had the grill set up there during the last clean up. There really isn't any good back stop.

If anyone sees this, please ask them to stop. Invoke the "I read on the NWFA forum" if you need to.

Thanks @gryghin , good to know! Yeah, since it was first time visit for me, I was not sure of the "lay of the land" sort of speak.

my family and I went out yesterday (Sunday) and it was great! We made it there right before 9am, but all lanes were already taken. Some folks were waiting for lane #2 and lane #4 looked like the dad/son just got there and setting up. Since it's first time visit for us, figure we would drive to Salmonberry and check that spot out. Lanes were also fully taken at Salmonberry, but it was good to check things out.

We drove back to Wolf Creek to chance it and even thinking of waiting for someone to finish. Guys at Lane #3 offered to share with us and we took it. Those two gentlemen were very nice and respectful all around. It made it much more comfortable for us as I was there teaching my two young boys to shoot and it's been a long time for the wife to handle a firearm as well.

As we were leaving i noticed someone shooting in this spot "lane #??" and shooting towards the road. Is that even a lane/pit?

View attachment 690143

Dude....I've never shot at lane 3 but from your map I probably would have said something. We got there about 6:15am yesterday (damn McDonald's breakfast stop) and lanes 2-4 were already taken so we jammed back down to lane 1 and grabbed it. I was a little bummed cause I had two newly built ARs I wanted some distance with, but we had a blast anyways. That was me and my boys on lane 1 if you saw us. That was the busiest I have ever seen it up there for sure but also our first time out since covid hit.

Thanks @gryghin , good to know! Yeah, since it was first time visit for me, I was not sure of the "lay of the land" sort of speak.
I totally understand, it's unpleasant at best to talk to a stranger about something they are doing wrong, but when that involves live fire, it takes it to a whole new level that not everyone's going to be good with, in the end it's got to be a gut check. What we do ask as a minimum is to take notes on the vitals, who was doing what, where, and when, and a licence plate number if at all possible. Then, at your earliest convenience, contact the State police via phone or email and report what you witnessed. Maybe a cellphone photo of somebody in your party holding their favorite firearm with the offending party's vehicle and licence plate in the background :)

I totally understand, it's unpleasant at best to talk to a stranger about something they are doing wrong, but when that involves live fire, it takes it to a whole new level that not everyone's going to be good with, in the end it's got to be a gut check. What we do ask as a minimum is to take notes on the vitals, who was doing what, where, and when, and a licence plate number if at all possible. Then, at your earliest convenience, contact the State police via phone or email and report what you witnessed. Maybe a cellphone photo of somebody in your party holding their favorite firearm with the offending party's vehicle and licence plate in the background :)

yeah, obviously i was armed, but with kids and wife, I did not want to approach another armed individual. but good pt on getting the plate and possibly a picture. however, in this case, they did not park in the lane #3 'parking lot'. i think they parked elsewhere and walked to that spot.

Using Google Earth, I measured the distance to the road at roughly 420 feet. That confirms the danger.
However, I have also seen that spot used for skeet shooting. I'm not a skeet shooter, so I'll defer comment to someone else with knowledge about the risks of skeet shooting at that location. I've used that spot for stargazing and meteor showers with excellent success.

You must be thinking of the corner at lane 3, right? Some kind of sign there would be appropriate.
@Cogs , yeah where the Elk Unlimited(?) Hunter Association had the grill set up and you had the Trash-No-Land canopy/gear.

Star gazing/ metoer shower watching = Awesome

Skeet shooting = Bad day for everyone.

Dude....I've never shot at lane 3 but from your map I probably would have said something. We got there about 6:15am yesterday (damn McDonald's breakfast stop) and lanes 2-4 were already taken so we jammed back down to lane 1 and grabbed it. I was a little bummed cause I had two newly built ARs I wanted some distance with, but we had a blast anyways. That was me and my boys on lane 1 if you saw us. That was the busiest I have ever seen it up there for sure but also our first time out since covid hit.
Glad I waited for lane 2 instead of Lane 1. You guys were dug in, and still at it when I left.

@Cogs Do you have a pdf for Trash-no-land? I was thinking of sitting in that section with a canopy and flyers... social distancing of course.

I was thinking a sign with this type of image. NFWCR.png

@Cogs Do you have a pdf for Trash-no-land? I was thinking of sitting in that section with a canopy and flyers... social distancing of course.

I was thinking a sign with this type of image. View attachment 690469
Good view! Also, the South direction is Hwy 26.

The PDF I have is not about TNL but is about being responsible about shooting. I could send it in an email (PM me for the email address). It's a 2 sided full color printed in horizontal (landscape) 11 x 8.5 (I print to 32lb glossy brochure paper and manually tri-fold). It takes a lot of toner but just printing 25-50 at a time isn't too bad. Here's a link to what it looks like: Shooting Brochure

Since we haven't been able to raise any funds for printing brochures, I simply print a hun or two at a time and hand out as I go. I can't print enough to stock the store shelves until we get some funding.

Thanks for your concern and support!

Bill

I like your idea of showing what's out in those directions and doing a pop up on a weekend.

Made it up to lane 4 this morning with the wife after a long hiatus from these parts. A typical amount of improper target trash was left on the lane. I just recently got into reloading, so I spent a while with the chrono to test out my work. And then spent a while coming to grips with another object lesson that my wife is a better mid-range shot than I am with my AR.

As usual, we filled up a contractor bag with donations from dumbasses and packed it out. I'll probably be back later in the week after I do some more tweaking on my reloads.

Made it up to lane 4 this morning with the wife after a long hiatus from these parts. A typical amount of improper target trash was left on the lane. I just recently got into reloading, so I spent a while with the chrono to test out my work. And then spent a while coming to grips with another object lesson that my wife is a better mid-range shot than I am with my AR.

As usual, we filled up a contractor bag with donations from dumbasses and packed it out. I'll probably be back later in the week after I do some more tweaking on my reloads.
Good to hear from you, GM! It's been a while. Thanks for grabbing some extra stuff from the lanes!

Bill

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews