JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So glad I found this! I just moved up from Utah and I'm looking for a place that's nice trouble free and people keep it clean! Hope to try it out very soon maybe Monday? Keep up the good work everybody!
I watched miles and miles of land get shut down in Utah due irresponsible people.

So glad I found this! I just moved up from Utah and I'm looking for a place that's nice trouble free and people keep it clean! Hope to try it out very soon maybe Monday? Keep up the good work everybody!
I watched miles and miles of land get shut down in Utah due irresponsible people.

Super nice range, I've been up there twice now, and well worth the long drive for me.--Because the main range at the club I joined (ARPC) is closed during the week while they re-do it.

The 2 times I've been up there have been good, but go with a friend if you can. The guy I was going to go with bailed both times, but I still went. Fealt safe the first time & even shot a bit with some folks who drove up--and even gave some safety pointers to them.

One party in there group of 4 decided to fire off a round into the woods without any warning opposite from the range, his wife gave him a deserved dressing down on that one. Same guy started firing at some steel plates I had set up when his target fell down, given the off angle he was firing at my plates, I called a cease fire (first time doing that...), to point out to him he had no backstop at his angle.

The 2nd time I went up, got a tad creeped out late in the day. A couple older guys drove up in a beeter pickup. Not really sure what they were all about, just got a really bad vibe off them. From that point on I set up my Bennelli M1 with #4, for some security.

The earlier you go, the better IMO. Plus the better chance at having your choice of 1 to 4.

image.jpeg Spot #3 very nice it's set for 60 yards max from the range finder. Anyway had good time I shared it 2 different times, it was nice talking to people talking Guns and learning a few things. Good way to get some connections we all have something to offer eachother. Thanks George and josh for hanging out and being cool about the area.

Last Edited:
I was there Monday and it was full up. Great resource.

Went to a different spot off Lousignot Rd. to look for grouse (flushed some!) and saw some horrible, trashed shooting spots. It was pretty disgusting and not a good thing for the firearms community. I'll be back with a bunch of trash bags next time.

First time, long time.

Thanks everyone for providing a great resource of knowledge. I am going to take a ride up soon, hopefully this Monday, to check it out in person. I'd love to put some rounds through my pistol... an empty box and trash bags will accommodate me as I always try and leave a place like this better than I found it.

image.jpeg image.jpeg Took my AR-15 out for the first time at spot #4 today. Had a blast! After I got my sights and vortex red dot zeroed i moved my target from 50yds to the 100yd mark and was hitting good groupings. Then got some company from camelfilter. We had a blast. Hitting clay targets 100yds out is a blast. Also, somebody left plenty of propane tanks out there though.

Last Edited:
Those are not propane tanks. They are refrigerant tanks. Not manufactured specifically for target shooting, so, they would not comply with the forestry rules (same with propane tanks). Hope they were empty before they shot them. If not, it would have been a really expensive shoot! I'm sure you got them out of there. Right?

I see R410A (pink ones), R22 (green ones), and not sure what the others are (could be old R12, R11 and R134A cans). Someone must be an HVAC guy. (Hey, don't look at me! I recycle all my empties!). :)

Thanks for the report!

Those are not propane tanks. They are refrigerant tanks. Not manufactured specifically for target shooting, so, they would not comply with the forestry rules (same with propane tanks). Hope they were empty before they shot them. If not, it would have been a really expensive shoot! I'm sure you got them out of there. Right?

I see R410A (pink ones), R22 (green ones), and not sure what the others are (could be old R12, R11 and R134A cans). Someone must be an HVAC guy. (Hey, don't look at me! I recycle all my empties!). :)

Thanks for the report!
Sorry but no I did not get them out of there. But I cleaned up what i was able to.

USNJefe & his wife were kind enough to share the range with me. Super nice folks, and boy can he shoot! Pretty impressive actually.

His spikes is a really decent build too, hardly weighs anything & balanced real well.

I ended up taking 2 of the worst off tanks with me for disposal. I'll likely be headed back up there Monday or Tuesday early early, and will plan for room in the truck to take any of them that remain.

USNJefe & his wife were kind enough to share the range with me. Super nice folks, and boy can he shoot! Pretty impressive actually.

His spikes is a really decent build too, hardly weighs anything & balanced real well.

I ended up taking 2 of the worst off tanks with me for disposal. I'll likely be headed back up there Monday or Tuesday early early, and will plan for room in the truck to take any of them that remain.
It was a fun time out there and thanks for the great company and letting me try ur rifles too. Hope to meet up with you again!

It was a fun time out there and thanks for the great company and letting me try ur rifles too. Hope to meet up with you again!

Yeah that was a lot of fun & thanks for the good company!

Give a holler if you want to try out ARPC when the main range opens back up during the week. Should be back open the end of the month / early next. Bit of a drive for you though, but 200 yards I think.

Would be nice to have access to some NWF signs or something like a window sticker that we could place on our cars when we go to such areas to let each other know who we are........wouldn't hurt to let the vandals know as well.

Jim

Yeah that was a lot of fun & thanks for the good company!

Give a holler if you want to try out ARPC when the main range opens back up during the week. Should be back open the end of the month / early next. Bit of a drive for you though, but 200 yards I think.
Yeah that would be great! Want to see what I can do at the 200yd range

Would be nice to have access to some NWF signs or something like a window sticker that we could place on our cars when we go to such areas to let each other know who we are........wouldn't hurt to let the vandals know as well.

Jim
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe if the site owner doesn't mind we could pool some money and order some stickers from sticker mule or something similar.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe if the site owner doesn't mind we could pool some money and order some stickers from sticker mule or something similar.

Oregon Quartermaster makes stickers...maybe see what he can come up with, if OK with him & Joe.

Me, I'd prefer something simple like "NWF", not spelled out. Because I park on the street a lot overnight. Crackhead bob sees a sticker with "firearms" on it & next thing you know he's smashing my window & will find a bunch of loose change between the seats & a few cigarette butts in the ash tray. I'd still have to fix my window...

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top