Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

North American Arms (NAA) 22 Magnum & Belt Buckle

Joe Link

Reactions
When I first saw the NAA 22 magnum belt buckle combo I thought it was a pretty cool novelty. As we've all done with other guns over the years, I didn't buy one because I figured they'd always be available. From what I understand NAA no longer makes the holster. I'd still like to own one, and I figure I better learn a bit about them.

Anyone have one? Any thoughts or other information? Do you see them come up for sale often?

naabeltbuckle.jpg

AndyinEverson

Reactions
The only one I've seen for sale was at this July's gun show at Cody Wy.
The price was $500. I have no idea if that was a good price or not.
I knew a guy who had one ... and after a few years of use the revolver would work its way loose in the buckle.
Again not sure if this was a common issue or not.
Andy

Velzey

Reactions
They are hard to find these days. They caught allot of flak because of folks carrying them with no permit, and letting their clothing cover it.
I do run across them every once and awhile and they are fairly reasonably priced.
The older ones just have the metal bar to hold the pistol in place, and of course they are the ones that didn't secure it 100%. The newer ones with the hipower magnet and bar are better!

OP
Joe Link

Joe Link

Reactions
The only one I've seen for sale was at this July's gun show at Cody Wy.
The price was $500. I have no idea if that was a good price or not.
I knew a guy who had one ... and after a few years of use the revolver would work its way loose in the buckle.
Again not sure if this was a common issue or not.
Andy
Wow, that's some money! I doubt I'd actually wear it, but that's good to know :)

They are hard to find these days. They caught allot of flak because of folks carrying them with no permit, and letting their clothing cover it.
I do run across them every once and awhile and they are fairly reasonably priced.
The older ones just have the metal bar to hold the pistol in place, and of course they are the ones that didn't secure it 100%. The newer ones with the hipower magnet and bar are better!
I guess that just means that when I see one I'll have to buy it :D

Reasonably priced, do you have a ballpark figure? Good to know about the magnet model, those are the ones with the aluminum grip?

Velzey

Reactions
$150-$250 average...;) I know a fellow has been making alum grips for them for a number of years. I don't think the factory ever made them. I could be wrong tho.

AndyinEverson

Reactions
$150-$250 average...;) I know a fellow has been making alum grips for them for a number of years. I don't think the factory ever made them. I could be wrong tho.
That sure is better than the $500 price tag on the one I saw.
Maybe it was serial number 1 ? LOL.
Not sure why the guy wanted $500 ...
Andy

UserNameInUse

Reactions
One thing, the one in your picture does not look like the 22 Magnum model. The cylinder is longer and the grip frame is bigger. I don't know if they made a belt buckle for the 22 Magnum.

Quartermaster

Reactions
Gilbertson? I sold him my Pug before SB941, and he showed me the aluminum grips he was making. Very nice work, and an awesome guy. He could probably make belt buckles himself...

Reactions
When I first saw the NAA 22 magnum belt buckle combo I thought it was a pretty cool novelty. As we've all done with other guns over the years, I didn't buy one because I figured they'd always be available. From what I understand NAA no longer makes the holster. I'd still like to own one, and I figure I better learn a bit about them.

Anyone have one? Any thoughts or other information? Do you see them come up for sale often?

View attachment 309024
The gun in your picture is actually a 22 LR
I don't believe NAA actually made a 22 magnum belt holster

Reactions
Today at a local show, I saw a dealer with two. Didn't check the price. They are rather large. If I go back tomorrow, I'll check the price.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Klickitat County Firearms Training Facility
    4.00 star(s)
    Not really a range guy, as in I am 53 years old and today is the very first time I have been to an actual managed shooting range. Also, not a WA...
    • CRBMoA
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    I've made several purchases here over the past few years and I've had a great experience every time. Prices are good, their staff is helpful, and...
    • Joe Link
  • Big Iron Armory
    5.00 star(s)
    It's great to have an LGS inside Portland Metro. Walt and Noah have put care into setting good prices and acquiring quality firearms and...
    • kr0ptkin
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Well I finally got around to taking pics of the Cerakoting work that Jeremy of Lucky Sports did for my wife and me about 3 weeks ago. We couldn't...
    • jg rider
  • Supporting Vendor Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Here's more work that Jeremy did for me The first 3 pics are of an RIA frame that I had Cerakoted years back by an outfit in Molino. I had Jeremy...
    • jg rider

Staff online