JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am not from here ,im from NYC and havent been here a whole year yet. So dont chew my *** off, but...
1. Can i take hunters ed online? if so, link please, cause i havent been able to find one.
2. how long will it take me to finish hunters ed, online or off if i choose to go that way.

thanks!

I do not think that Oregon offers an online hunters ed course. When I took hunters ed as a kid, it took a few evenings and a test and I was done. My oldest daughter took her class in one long saturday. There are different courses available to fit different people and schedules. Just ask at your local sporting goods store for a local instructor and see what is available. If you are new to hunting and firearms, you might also check out some shooting courses. You will meet great people who can save you years of mistakes with their instruction. Might even make a few friends to take you under their wing in the upcoming hunting seasons.

offline takes I believe 6 weeks and online can be found through wdf.wa.gov enter hunting go to ed. the problem is you have to find a time to prove your skills.If you a skills certificate you can get a transfer.

I took hunters Ed online. There are study materials on the wdfw website and after you are ready, pay $15 and take the test. It's actually really easy. Then you find a range and evaluation session and finish that on a Saturday. There is a guy in Longview who does the evaluation and you would be done. Pm me if you want and I can tell you more about it but I am tired of typing on my iPod right now.

If you are looking to hunt this year you need to take the online course and start looking for a range day quickly! The classes fill up very fast and have limited openings available. Washington will accept other states hunter education cards so I would suggest calling instructors in both Oregon and Washington. When you can get a range day set up just hop online and take that states online test and your good to go. Good luck and happy hunting!

There will be a few hunters ed courses offered in the Vancouver area just before hunting season that you could attend. The online version is fine if you are not new to hunting, but if you are, I suggest you take the class. PM me if you want help finding those classes or someone to help you learn firearms handling.

Google WDFW hunter education. Should come up with Hunter Education-Hunting- WDFW. click on that and should take you to the hunting page of WDFW, look for CLASS SCHEDULES & INFORMATION. just scroll down until you find the county you want. In Clark county there are several classes open yet before hunting season. You'll need to click on MORE INFO and sign up on line. It is a 12 hour course. In Washington the law states if you were born on or after Jan. 1 1972, you MUST take the class and pass the test.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top