JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I don't mind whether people talk politics, but some tend to forget these posts are visible to the entire (Internet-connected) world. This isn't the local coffee or barber shop.

And regardless of whether it's in a "legal & political" or other thread on here, when someone says something reasonably ill-advised or particularly ignorant (such as a derogatory comments towards persons of other races, cultures, or certain institutions), it reflects poorly upon this site and "gun owners," and predictably perpetuates certain stereotypes about said owners.

I honastly don't even know what this says? You really might need to do talk to a doc, seems you are babbling incoherently.

( just like last time, that is meant to be a joke, which you seemingly failed to pick up on? And then you tell me I am oblivious to sarcasm?)

I do think it's silly that you guys seem to think you are somehow against me. I must have done a piss poor job of voiceing my view, or you are so closed off that you can't even consider something that is not verbatim your position.

I grew up in a small town in the one of the most conservative states in the union. My issue with the Republican Party is it's far to fiscally liberal, to big government and far to pro crony capitalism. (Which is basically fascism)

I am not at odds with anyone who has chimed In thus far. You guys all seem to jump to the conclusion that because I feel this forum is not the place for political debate that I am somehow against that discussion, I'm not. I can almost guarantee that I have participated in more pro gun political debate than the majority of folks on this site, I am willing to go toe to toe with anyone, anywhere to debate our cause. Hell, just the fact that I am debating with you guys should be an indication that debate is not the problem.

I am not pushing for soft solutions, I am for pushing tactical strategy, part of which means giving the enemy no ammo to use against you, especially rabble rousing on a pro firearm forum where it is not constructive debate but standing on a soapbox beating your chest.

us, you, this group called Northwest Firearms will gain nothing by arguing over a political stance. We need to stand united and engage the OTHER side, not call each other names and bicker because someone's pro gun stance is slightly diffrent than someone else's pro gun stance. Why would you purposely try to alienate a pro 2nd amendment person by telling them they are wrong, stupid (and I think Phillip called me racist but I'm not really sure?) weak and just flat out wrong?

I don't get it. My goal is to try and minimize the conflict between people who should be working together. It is not stifling or restricting debate. You want to talk politics? You guys can all come over to my shop and talk politics. I'll even buy the beer and snacks.

You comments to Philip are always sarcastic and negative. We understand what he says and think he is far more savvy that you seem to comprehend. Maybe sit back and read a few things and actually try to think about it a bit. You might actually get it. Telling him he needs meds serves no purpose. You do this over and over. ??????????????????WTH ????????????/
Did he step on your toe or something ?
:confused:

You comments to Philip are always sarcastic and negative. We understand what he says and think he is far more savvy that you seem to comprehend. Maybe sit back and read a few things and actually try to think about it a bit. You might actually get it. Telling him he needs meds serves no purpose. You do this over and over. ??????????????????WTH ????????????/
Did he step on your toe or something ?
:confused:

It's meant to be funny, I thought we where all friends here, yet again you turn it around and make a issue of it. I guess I just should'nt assume you guys have a sense of humor

Taku on more than one occasion you have accused me of being a left leaning wanker or even a anti gun plant. Just to put your mind at ease I pulled a few of my "2nd Amendment" collection out just for you and snapped a pic.:DView attachment 211450

I really do not care how many guns you own. I have a hunch many leftist politicians have a collection that would dwarf it. You know... OK for me but not for you. Also I was a dealer at one time and exceeded that a little :) And stopped being a dealer and told the atf to go ____________big blank, sent their books back and lost most of them in the lake of life long ago.
But what I commented on what the tone and the reasoning you used here. You realize how hard you fought political discussion ??? It was a little strong for someone wanting to defend our rights at all costs, and that simply is what we are going to have to do or lose the 2md. You don't get it do you ?
Why do you want to keep this discussion between you and me going. Get back on track, or better let others give their opinion on should we have political speech. What you and I think of each other is irrelevant to the topic. OK

Last Edited:
It's meant to be funny, I thought we where all friends here, yet again you turn it around and make a issue of it. I guess I just should'nt assume you guys have a sense of humor

Ask him if he thinks it is funny ?
Maybe he does.
What he says is indeed funny.

Words are kinda funny in a post, I try to use emotion cons to display the humor of the post. You may not think my post are funny but I do have a sense of humor. Might just be underdeveloped for all you guys who were raised in a refined gential setting.:D

He poked back quite a bit harder than I did, if you give it you should be able to take a little.

As for us if you would quite quoting my posts I would not feel compelled to respond.

At this point I am not sure how to get through to you that I am not arguing with you. Nor do I want to turn this into a fight.

Matter of fact that is kind of the entire point of my position in this thread.

Some people don't seem to understand the banter in the threads. It's just useless words that mean nothing to the subject so shut down the thread and less all move on.

Banter is humanizing us guys, you take a serious subject it gets all personal so we need to take a break from the firm back and forth in my opinion. We need those who read our post to see we are the same as they are, human beings with a sense of humor and an appetite for living a good life. We are not haters, we are good people who just want to keep our rights and we are firm in that belief.

Words mean something and if you want them to mean what you really want to say then you have to put the human face behind them.

Anyway thanks guys for your time and I hope something good comes from all your efforts. I am getting ready for walking dead night so will check in during commercials to see all the bad crap you guys are saying about me...:D later gentlemen...

Simple fact is politics are relevant to fighting for and preserving the 2nd. Without that tool the fight becomes ineffective and all Pro gun people lose, All Pro Americans Lose the Constitution bit by bit.
They take it politically, not by family reunions or weekend outings, they take it and steal it in the States legislature and in the US House and Senate and Obamas Ballpoint pen. ie; POLITICALLY.

99% of the anti gun bills originate from those well left of center, again ie; the left and the right issue again.

Politics is not a 4 letter word. Corrupt use of it is worse.

It is reality and why we are losing.
PC Rules that they originated also to benefit their agendas.

Having to be in fear of using political speech is 3rd world stuff.
It is not America, or at least what America is supposed to be.
I have difficulty trusting people that want it suppressed and repressed.

Last Edited:
Do I need to remind you you also agreed to these rules as a condition of the use of this site? So you voluntary agreed to comply with the rules and then complain about having to adhere to your agreement?

I think what a lot of people are complaining about is the cherry picking of topics and threads...

I can open a discussion about ISIS...blab off about how I don't like Muslims and spew my hateful prejudice from there and it's fine since ISIS is a terrorist organization and they use guns...

I can't open a discussion about our POTUS, who he picks as court justices and complain about ObamaCare...even though his politics directly impact our daily lives and liberties...

Do I have to start a thread about the secret service and their gear before I bash the guy they protect? That's kind of ridiculous no mater how you spin it...

Simple fact is politics are relevant to fighting for and preserving the 2nd. Without that tool the fight becomes ineffective and all Pro gun people lose, All Pro Americans Lose the Constitution bit by bit. They take it politically, not by family reunions or weekend outings, they take it and steal it in the States legislature and in the US House and Senate and Obamas Ballpoint pen. ie; POLITICALLY.
99% of the anti gun bills originate from those well left of center, again ie; the left and the right issue again.
Politics is not a 4 letter word. It is reality and why we are losing. PC Rules that they originated also to benefit their agendas.

Yep but we need to put on a good face to bring others to our side. Better to let them see we are really good people and we fight for a good cause.

I think what a lot of people are complaining about is the cherry picking of topics and threads...

I can open a discussion about ISIS...blab off about how I don't like Muslims and spew my hateful prejudice from there and it's fine since ISIS is a terrorist organization and they use guns...

I can't open a discussion about our POTUS, who he picks as court justices and complain about ObamaCare...even though his politics directly impact our daily lives and liberties...

Do I have to start a thread about the secret service and their gear before I bash the guy they protect? That's kind of ridiculous no mater how you spin it...

Camouflage will not work, they have a thermosensor that seeks out conversation that isn't allowed:D

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads