JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I have to get up in a couple of hours, but I'd be more than happy to write a dissertation when I have a bit of time :D

Warning, it'll be long!

Warning... we have short attention spans.... ooohhh, SHINY!... Ahem, like I was saying, don't go too long, we have short attention spans. :p

Shiny, I resemble that remar.... Oh look, a Butterfly!!!!

Seriously Joe, we need to be able to discuss, the Political Aspects of Oregon, and Washington, before we all have to move to Idaho.

I KNOW how to fit into that Culture... But here is My Life.

And Kate Brown is about the Worst person Possible, to govern this State.

Unless, and Until the Patrons of Second Amendment RIGHTS, can honestly BOND underneath the Banner of Gun Freedoms, it is only going to get Wirse.

We went through this a while ago...

And I see Far More PURPOSE in EDITING out a Sentence or Two, of One or two posters, Myself included, RATHER than Shutting a Whole Thread DOWN.

I Recently got hot at ~Gator~ for bad mouthing our first Oregon 2015 Ralley... But Dead Eye could have, as he has done in a select number of threads, edited one, or more posts, STATING WHY, I have been on too many forums to see blanket edit outs, without even a "copy & Paste" reason... I have left forums that had Rules about X, Y, Z ... Especially where topics bordered on an "Illegal" subject, you know Internet equivlants to yelling "FIRE".

When one would not change a Post that Advocated sniping at SWAT teams, I tendered my Resignation, TO the OWNER... I will not be a member that Proscribes such illegal activeties... In that situation, I discussed it for Six Weeks... On the Thread... And about every third/fourth Post I made was edited out... With the reasons WHY.

It takes Just That, to Grow.

WE NEED to Defend our Rights, to Rally, to share the political Awareness... And this is the Website to do it in...

Sincerely,

philip of BoonDocks Fame

Why even have a "political" forum if it has to be firearm related?

Just as an FYI, I believe many political issues are firearm related...just some are not immediately apparent. You can't be pro-gun and not involve yourself with politics, that's just the nature of the beast...but if you want this to be a firearm forum and not a political one, then just ban all religious/political discussions....period.

Let's take Chris Christie's political GOP nomination, for example. My opinion- he's a RHINO...he's corrupt and he's a piece of crap. He does not support gun owners and he should not be endorsed by the NRA...that will spark a discussion as to who the next president should be and why...gun related or not. Tensions will be high...people will dissagree and threads will be locked and warnings all around about it not being "gun related".

So why even allow it in the first place? It's a necessary evil (politics + guns) or it's not...why do we get to talk about ISIS (an Islamic Terrorist Organization) but not the policies about how our POTUS is dealing with the ISIS threat? Because ISIS carries guns and shoots them? That's kind of rediculous if you ask me...

Last Edited:
The 2nd is based and rooted solidly in politics and the 2 cannot be separated no matter how much people wish otherwise.
Its like trying to describe and discuss fertalizer, but only allow discussions to be about marshmallows. It won't work.
It does involve all aspects of politics and politics discussions get heated at times. It is simply the nature of the beast. Close that portion of discussion and means of fighting for rights and eventually those rights disappear and the result is no further need for any firearms forums. Their ban attempt on lead also damages and infringes on fishing so it is political in every direction.

Their ban attempt on lead also damages and infringes on fishing so it is political in every direction.

Exactly...topics lead to sub-topics...guns lead to politics and people we like or dislike...

Like I stated...I don't know why we can talk about ISIS but not the POTUS...it's more like saying I can only talk about trucks, any mention of a car will be removed.

I can see the need to keep things on gun-related topics for the overall site. It allows us to focus on all things gun. It also makes it cleaner for any outsider that would come here and use our internal bickering as evidence against our side of any argument. Families argue but they still have each other's backs (most of the time).

Perhaps it makes sense to set up a sub-section (lets call it "Rant & Rave") that a member has to actively Opt-In to access (must acknowledge some disclaimer that this is outside of NWFA gun topics, cannot include personal insults, hatred, blank-a-phobic rhetoric, calls for illegal actions, etc.). Once somebody accepts the disclaimer they cannot complain about being butt-hurt by someone who has followed the rules in this section.

It would also give the Mods a place to push all non-gun threads that are trending that way without just shutting down the dialogue.

I don't claim to be the brightest bulb in the box so take this suggestion however you choose.

Brian

Well, I started a thread earlier this week prior to the Governor's announced resignation noting asking for comments on the potential impact on gun rights that Kate Brown would have. I don't think the discussion ever really got off topic, considering that a change in leadership has a potential huge impact on the future of gun rights in our state. It was shut down by a moderator. Personally, I don't agree with that one. This change at the top will have an impact, and it was appropriate to discuss it here.

Sure, things are going to wander a bit in any thread where politics are involved, but honestly, if it's still within the general bounds of the original topic, and folks are being downright nasty, I don't see a need to lock them down. The thread below is the first one that I've started that got locked by a moderator. I will say I don't agree with that assessment in this case.

My opening post specifically asked about the impact this change would have on gun rights in our state. I think that's wholly appropriate political discussion, based on the established site rules. Since then, there have been multiple threads on the same topic, with very similar discussion points, and I see that they are still up and running.

Here is the thread that got locked down, for reference:

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/something-is-stirring-down-in-salem.190240/

Be different ,be bold , allow us to call a spade a spade , allow us to see Black & White, allow us to spotlight THE TRUTH ! Its easy to be like The Democrat Underground or Calguns.net or any other wussified politically correct forum/board , but to avoid much needed discussion at such a deserving pivotal juncture for sake of Forum/Board unity or to not anger or alienate a small subset of posters is disheartening to the choir (Majority of regular posters)...

Civilized political discussion is very easy with the right rules and moderation. Should be interesting what you come up with Joe but it's going to take you a bit to figure out the solution.:D

Civilized political discussion is very easy with the right rules and moderation.

Jim gets the Gold Star on his FOREHEAD, for best grammarized comment, making the mostest sense!!!! Thank you Jim for being so On Track, "Oh a Shiny Butterfly"..........
(I am still in serious pain from the injury to my left thigh, I use JOKING and Laughter for the MEDS that VAMC will NOT prescribe.....)

Should be interesting what you come up with Joe but it's going to take you a bit to figure out the solution.:D

With All due respect.... I know of only ONE difficult Moderator. It does not matter to me, if there is dislike, or personal intent, upon DeadEyes methods... He is your Choice Joe, and ~Even With~ This sentence, I still respect Your Decisions on this Moderator.

I am simply noting what to me is the Obvious, DeadEye shuts MORE Threads down Of the Kind being Discussed HERE in this Thread.

I can not believe the immature threads allowed, "Should I buy this gun or that gun" or "Gee I, I don't have enough Likes... What ~can I do~"?????

I am just waiting for the thread on "how to Properly take care of a Pimple, with ~Segues~ on Where Is the Pimple Located"?

seriously that "I do not have enough likes, made my ~Worst of the 2015~ list... From the get go!!!!

If it was an attempt at humor, it was more like a femor... And needed a Crutch to stand on cause the femor was Broken.

Wow, philip, lots of words for only One sip of Coffee...

philip, still in the BoonDocks of Oregon, which not the Suberbs of anywhere, my nearest neighbor is a Tree.... o_O

It's Joe's site and he will do what he wants, then live or die with the results. In a literal fashion of course. If guns get further regulation it will affect this site. By keeping politics IE quality of life out of all conversation he kills his own hard work to get this place going. Add to it some new regs coming up on the net and ya'll might just find yourselves watching reruns on TV rather than good conversation here.

Hope you can save it Joe, you put a lot of work into this.

I have a hard time with limits on speech because I have not imposed them on others even with the authority to do so elsewhere. However, rules are different here and I need to learn to bend gracefully to them. :D

Bend to the rules . . . That gave the world Hitler and any number of other similar low life scum.
Our current government masters would like to stamp out our freedom to speak our minds.
You're offended by my politics . . . Walk out into the lake until your hat floats!!!!!

Sheldon

Joe, while I see and understand the reasoning of having a ban on non-gun related politics I absolutely believe that gun politics is compleatly entwined with such subjects as the Governor, legislatures and much of national, state and regional politics. I also believe that, to save the Second Ammendment, we need the widest latitude possible in determining what is or is not gun related.
If, for instance, M. Brown is being discussed as the new governor guns and her views on them will be of paramount importance to this membership! Thanks, Steve

Bend to the rules . . . That gave the world Hitler and any number of other similar low life scum.
Our current government masters would like to stamp out our freedom to speak our minds.
You're offended by my politics . . . Walk out into the lake until your hat floats!!!!!

Sheldon
Bend to Joe's rules...it's his restaurant :D

Bend to Joe's rules...it's his restaurant :D
I don't see it as bending, I see it as respect. It's his pond and if I want to play in it I will respect his rules. If I don't want to, then there is an internet full of sights I can go to and express myself however I want. Joe has done nothing but act in a manner that deserves respect, he is a boon to our community and our cause. The least I can do is follow the few simple rules he sets out.

If this were an RC Airplane FORUM/BOARD and some of the State & Federal Government were hell bent to litigate and vote private RC Airplane ownership & usage out of existence would keping politics out of that forum/board be prudent or wise ???

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads