JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I personally think this thread is a perfect example of why political talk is not appropriate for a forum. Nothing has been solved, no ones mind has been changed, we are more divided than ever.

That is the issue here in my mind. There is nothing that will be solved by internal political debate and quite a bit of risk. I personally welcome opposing view points. I can debate this with you all day on here or in person and still be friends at the end of the day. I am willing to concede there are other valid viewpoints than mine but there is very little chance of you changing my stance, as there is very little chance of me changing yours. What polarized discussion mostly does is raise blood pressure and lead to division.

I don't like your approach, matter of fact I equate it to the open carry folks going out of thier way to make us look bad, the vast majority of gun owners are not fans of those tactics. They are harmful to our cause. The actions of a few defining us all.

You know nothing about me or what I have fought for. You have no idea of the sacrifces I have made or the battles I have fought to ensure my rights as well as those of others. I can tell you that I personally far better understanding than most about the right to keep and bear arms and how important it is. I have spent more money than most people make in a year in those battles, yet you berate me and treat me like an enemy rather than an comrade.

It's poor tactics, and if you really are determined to win the war you should stop attacking the soldiers fighting along side you.

I think the debate and conversation needs to happen, I just question that this is the place for it.
Please don't let me exemplify the negative in this that Ironmonster wants to spotlight , my lacking Tact or eloquence or ability to convey should not diminish what MOST of the others in this thread have fleshed out .

I personally think this thread is a perfect example of why political talk is not appropriate for a forum. Nothing has been solved, no ones mind has been changed, we are more divided than ever.

That is the issue here in my mind. There is nothing that will be solved by internal political debate and quite a bit of risk. I personally welcome opposing view points. I can debate this with you all day on here or in person and still be friends at the end of the day. I am willing to concede there are other valid viewpoints than mine but there is very little chance of you changing my stance, as there is very little chance of me changing yours. What polarized discussion mostly does is raise blood pressure and lead to division.

I don't like your approach, matter of fact I equate it to the open carry folks going out of thier way to make us look bad, the vast majority of gun owners are not fans of those tactics. They are harmful to our cause. The actions of a few defining us all.

You know nothing about me or what I have fought for. You have no idea of the sacrifces I have made or the battles I have fought to ensure my rights as well as those of others. I can tell you that I personally far better understanding than most about the right to keep and bear arms and how important it is. I have spent more money than most people make in a year in those battles, yet you berate me and treat me like an enemy rather than an comrade.

It's poor tactics, and if you really are determined to win the war you should stop attacking the soldiers fighting along side you.

I think the debate and conversation needs to happen, I just question that this is the place for it.

The thread is not here to do anything but let people explain why they think political speech is relevant or why Joe will or won't explain why he will or won't have rules against it.
You seem to do more to push for zero political speech. We get that, but many of us are in total disagreement with you.
Politics are 100% necessary to counter that attack on the 2nd Amendment and unless you want those infringements you would see that. That is just an observation from your posts. I would hope others here would counter my observation and tell me why that is not the case. Its just my observation after all :)
That alone has little meaning if others don't see it also.
Curious to know. If I am wrong I will walk away from the thread and concede that you may be right. er left.... er right errr left, errr...................... oh hell I don't know where you are headed LOL

Last Edited:
Well given the opportunity to speak my mind here I will use it,
You can all hate me in the morning but I will still say my mind here.
It is a good thread and reveals much.

Place ain't full of haters, just that truth makes some uncomfortable.:D Not that it means anything but I like people to speak their mind..... so I can use it against them later:s0140:

Humor can relieve stress:s0036:

Nothing openly hostile on this thread yet some want it gone. Guess some just can't handle social conflict. Means if they do open a political speech area they will have to put out a warning so the sensitive don't come into the area. Call it a free civilized speech area with no name calling and a rule that you must talk in a civilized manner. Someone calls another a name like duchewaffle:D and their post is pulled and they are not allowed to post in politics. No shutting the thread down cause one or two can't be civilized.

Many AntiGunner Democrats have defeated Pro 2A/RTKBA Republicans in Elections by small margins on a Local State & National Level in many many election cycles ...

If it makes you feel any better I have voted often for republicans, even though I don't identify as one. And I have never in the 27 years I could vote voted for a democrat. I still do not agree with much of the GOP's platform.

Last Edited:
The thread is not here to do anything but let people explain why they think political speech is relevant or why Joe will or won't explain why he will or won't have rules against it.
You seem to do more to push for zero political speech. We get that, but many of us are in total disagreement with you.
Politics are 100% necessary to counter that attack on the 2nd Amendment and unless you want those infringements you would see that. That is just an observation from your posts. I would hope others here would counter my observation and tell me why that is not the case. Its just my observation after all :)
That alone has little meaning if others don't see it also.
Curious to know. If I am wrong I will walk away from the thread and concede that you may be right. er left.... er right errr left, errr...................... oh hell I don't know where you are headed LOL

Hmmmm You were not supposed to "like" that post. Where did I go wrong ???????????????
Have to think how to rephrase all that :s0076::s0096::s0153:

If it makes you feel any better I have voted often for republicans, even though I don't identify as one. And I have never in the 27 years I could vote voted for a democrat. I still do not agree with much of the GOP's platform.
Care to enlighten us about which parts of a Fiscal & Socially Conservative smaller Government & Secure Borders(With a Constitutional bedrock) GOP Platform you disagree with ?:p

Well, I think it comes down to I see you on the right side of the fight, even if I disagree with some of the finer points. You seem to see me as an opponent to discredit. You put a lot of words in people's mouths in your posts, you make huge leaps of logic such as because I don't think this forum is the place for political fueds that I am "pushing for zero political speech". You do your best to twist my words to make me an enemy but I refuse to be one. I think that heated political debate with contrary and opposing extremes is what results in workable solutions. But it's also clear to me that any discussion here is one sided and lacking any productive outlet. You don't want debate, you want a soap box. Which is fine, but not productive. If you think politics is where you need to do battle, then go to town meetings, the Capitol, rallies anywhere where you might be heard. Here all we have is people who are already pro gun that you are likely to alienate.

I guess when I get to be a old curmudgeon I'll be set in my ways too.

Care to enlighten us about which parts of a Fiscal & Socially Conservative smaller Government & Secure Borders(With a Constitutional bedrock) GOP Platform you disagree with ?:p

Well for starters republicans are anything but fiscally conservative, we should start securing our borders by closing all forgin military bases and ending all forgin aid and the government has grown exponentially under both republican and democrat control . So maybe you should explain to me why you are a republican and not a libertarian ?:D

Well, I think it comes down to I see you on the right side of the fight, even if I disagree with some of the finer points. You seem to see me as an opponent to discredit. You put a lot of words in people's mouths in your posts, you make huge leaps of logic such as because I don't think this forum is the place for political fueds that I am "pushing for zero political speech". You do your best to twist my words to make me an enemy but I refuse to be one. I think that heated political debate with contrary and opposing extremes is what results in workable solutions. But it's also clear to me that any discussion here is one sided and lacking any productive outlet. You don't want debate, you want a soap box. Which is fine, but not productive. If you think politics is where you need to do battle, then go to town meetings, the Capitol, rallies anywhere where you might be heard. Here all we have is people who are already pro gun that you are likely to alienate.

And you do almost the same thing from the wrong point of view, so there lies the stalemate.
If you want to play the long game you will lose as has happened for over a half century now.
Your point of view on this is no more valid than my point of view. Where it ends up laying is what
others here want and whether they will express their views and finally what Joe set as rules.
Will it be an effective point of fight or simply a coffee house of gun enthusiasts and their enemies ?
You and I going back and forth on this is also defeating. I would like to read others views on whether
politics is ingrained into the bun rights battle and why they think the way they do.
Personally I know it is 100% relevant and little will change that view. If we are to win we need to incorporate all the aspects of what makes anti gun laws permeate our lives. That is political in root and political in end game.
Your view vs my view are irrelevant if no one else goes long with either one, so lets let others speak on the matter....ok ?

Last Edited:
Well for starters republicans are anything but fiscally conservative, we should start securing our borders by closing all forgin military bases and ending all forgin aid and the government has grown exponentially under both republican and democrat control . So maybe you should explain to me why you are a republican and not a libertarian ?:D

Ohhh I could..............comment here..................................................... but I won't ROFLMAO

Political debate is to inform people of political views. When done in a civil manner it can increase the following of your cause. One problem is honest debate. I believe anyone caught in a lie should be shunned from posting. There is no room in this world for liars. An honest mistake can be forgiven but the liars need to walk.

If you use data that is a proven lie then obviously you have lost the debate.

[QUOTE="<broken link removed>

Compare us with England, would you be willing to follow the rules of King George or would you be part of the rebellion?[/QUOTE]

Who would have more oppressive rules and regulations? King George of old or our current government now?

History reveals the choices we have made, soapbox, ballot box and ammo box. Better to let people speak than to let all things turn to ....uh uh halitosis :D

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top