JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Sorry brother, I just cant buy that.
I think we agree that stupid people will stupid, and will do so in spite of common sense. I think our disagreement is around government mandate and compensating for the dummies being the right path forward.

Setting aside the "give 'em an inch they'll take a yard" arguments, for me I've not seen a cohesive, competent path forward coming out of the government. Private enterprise (hospitals, pharma) have had their own struggles - and shame on them for getting caught flat footed; the fear of pandemic has always been a cusp thing and we've had warnings. That's another topic, though) but government especially has shown itself to be inept.

I think Abbott's message, summarized, is the right one even if there's some pain out of it (Florida has shown itself to be a successful model of it) - encouraging people and businesses to adhere to the medical guidance, but not forcing them under penalty of punishment by government and destroying lives. People will still mask up, and will avoid those they think are a risk. Some will patronize more businesses, some won't. But it still boils down to choice. Choices that, at the core, we as a country still sort of claim to value above all else.

But back to what I've read in your other posts in this thread, we do agree that some people are just s-bags and will be reckless, and that will impact others. I just think that it's one of the risks we bear to avoid an overbearing government (which we sort of already have, but again, different post.)

Seems appropriate at the time? An effing YEAR AGO!
My bad. I mistook the overall tone of this thread as challenging any need for precautions in the first place. 7 months, 12 months...split the difference. Always appreciate the politically expedient shifting of policy in Texas or elsewhere. E Pluribus Unum.

Commie Kate has a lot of Commie Comrades that want this new Oregon.
Commies gonna commie. I firmly believe commie kate will try to oppress oregonians as long as possible. A few weeks ago I called it on the Friday "emergency" extension. For the past few a couple friends and I have had a fun verbal bet on who would be the closest to the time on the Friday before it expires will it be extended.

It was ridiculous a year ago. Now it's just pathetic and pisses people off. In my AO businesses are removing the mask signs, many are not requesting employees to do anything special and many more are not asking customers to do anything different than they did in 2019. It's nice. 2% of my county has been "confirmed" positive and that includes everyone that has been test more than once or came.up positive in multiple tests so the actual number is far lower. We were supposed to be one of the top 5 hardest hit counties in the nation. We all know how that went.

couple friends and I have had a fun verbal bet on who would be the closest to the time on the Friday before it expires will it be extended
Sounds familiar...it was never a case of "if"...once a commie has their boot firmly in place on the neck of an entire state, it is very difficult to let up. This is the same wretch that wanted to HIDE the covid numbers right off the bat.

Commies gonna commie. I firmly believe commie kate will try to oppress oregonians as long as possible. A few weeks ago I called it on the Friday "emergency" extension. For the past few a couple friends and I have had a fun verbal bet on who would be the closest to the time on the Friday before it expires will it be extended.

It was ridiculous a year ago. Now it's just pathetic and pisses people off. In my AO businesses are removing the mask signs, many are not requesting employees to do anything special and many more are not asking customers to do anything different than they did in 2019. It's nice. 2% of my county has been "confirmed" positive and that includes everyone that has been test more than once or came.up positive in multiple tests so the actual number is far lower. We were supposed to be one of the top 5 hardest hit counties in the nation. We all know how that went.
CC is trying to oppress Oregonians? Maybe it was the voters that supported CC that want this type of society in Oregon. They voted for it so this is what they wanted? These voters would be our neighbors and friends. Obviously, those voters are no doing anything to rectify their appointees.

CC is trying to oppress Oregonians? Maybe it was the voters that supported CC that want this type of society in Oregon. They voted for it so this is what they wanted? These voters would be our neighbors and friends. Obviously, those voters are no doing anything to rectify their appointees.
Those voters would be limited to the Portland/Salem area and do not represent the rest of the state. Go look at how the counties in this state typically vote. Most counties in this state have zero voice with Portland and Salem areas making 100% of the voting decisions. you need to get your peeps to get their heads on strait. Mine have no voice or representation.

Another fun one is that OR has never had another repub govorner since it went to mail in ballots only.

Those voters would be limited to the Portland/Salem area and do not represent the rest of the state. Go look at how the counties in this state typically vote. Most counties in this state have zero voice with Portland and Salem areas making 100% of the voting decisions. you need to get your peeps to get their heads on strait. Mine have no voice or representation.

Another fun one is that OR has never had another repub govorner since it went to mail in ballots only.

Here's something kind of sobering. A map of the Oregon Legislative districts. We're due to get a sixth district too. Prepare for the dumbocraps to, try to, draw the lines favoring their party. Seems to me the lines should be drawn being more "Inclusive" of both parties.
1615042533681.png

Those voters would be limited to the Portland/Salem area and do not represent the rest of the state. Go look at how the counties in this state typically vote. Most counties in this state have zero voice with Portland and Salem areas making 100% of the voting decisions.
I think you have Salem confused with Eugene.

Obviously, Portland elected the best governor and as a result the State is in great condition. All those small business and large business owners are thankful for the excellent work done in Salem and those that run the state. Largely, Pdx's voters election judgment has been excellent as it has with how well run the City of Pdx is running. Not nice to blame the elected officials when voters make bad voting decisions; the state's
I think you have Salem confused with Eugene.

Most likely the majority voters in Pdx, Salem, and Eugene, do not care if they impose their will and ideas on the rest of the state?

Obviously, Portland elected the best governor and as a result the State is in great condition. All those small business and large business owners are thankful for the excellent work done in Salem and those that run the state. Largely, Pdx's voters election judgment has been excellent as it has with how well run the City of Pdx is running. Not nice to blame the elected officials when voters make bad voting decisions; the state's

Most likely the majority voters in Pdx, Salem, and Eugene, do not care if they impose their will and ideas on the rest of the state?
Not sure what your point is. Just because Salem is the seat of state government, and as a result is burdened with a large population of state employees who overwhelmingly vote democrat, that doesn't make the area democrat. Marion County votes republican more often than not.

Usually the rest of the district can overrun the Eugene stupidity.
Really? How does DeFazio keep getting elected then?

Anyway, the post I responded to was talking about counties, not districts. You said go look at the maps, so go look. In the gubernatorial race to which you referred, Lane county voted democrat, Marion county voted republican. So put the blame where it lies.

I respect the Texas Governors decision to lift the restrictions, and on a side note, not to derail the original thread, I think Texas also does not allow their deceased recently or long ago, to send in a ballot.

Hmm, I see this going about as well as their electrical grid that wasn't properly prepared. I get it, it's very hard to wear a mask. Lots of pain. But hey, at least there's no number attached to you that can be used to force you into combat against your will at any time!

Really? How does DeFazio keep getting elected then?

Anyway, the post I responded to was talking about counties, not districts. You said go look at the maps, so go look. In the gubernatorial race to which you referred, Lane county voted democrat, Marion county voted republican. So put the blame where it lies.
Who else besides Dallas does the district have to vote for? Defazio is a garbage RINO. Dallas is a legit good guy. Glad he got moved into the position he just got. He speaks for the people even if his filter is kinda weak. He seems to say it like it is and like he is thinking.

Unfortunately you are from Salem. I don't think you understand how these things work.

I'd love to see an electoral college at the state level. Give every county the same voting power just like federal votes. No more mob rule.

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top