JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Hmm, I see this going about as well as their electrical grid that wasn't properly prepared. I get it, it's very hard to wear a mask. Lots of pain. But hey, at least there's no number attached to you that can be used to force you into combat against your will at any time!
Difficult to wear? Pain? How about legitimately causes my body to go into shock due to my genetics which in turn causes me to cough until my throat and torso hurt. The longer I wear a face diaper the lower my blood oxygen gets. In 15-20 minutes I already have an elevated heart rate and a migraine from hypoxia. 30 minutes or so and my eyelids are starting to get heavy. I'm not some old fart on oxygen, I'm not even 30 yet and my lungs are jacked up. I've never smoked anything and never had second hand smoke in a household. A few hours of a face diaper even just over my mouth and having to talk means 4-6 days of recovery before I've stopped coughing. Just crappy genetics. been like this since middle school. No, meds havnt historically have not helped at all.

Tell me more about how a face diaper is just a mild inconvenience!

Hmm, I see this going about as well as their electrical grid that wasn't properly prepared. I get it, it's very hard to wear a mask. Lots of pain. But hey, at least there's no number attached to you that can be used to force you into combat against your will at any time!

Difficult to wear? Pain? How about legitimately causes my body to go into shock due to my genetics which in turn causes me to cough until my throat and torso hurt. The longer I wear a face diaper the lower my blood oxygen gets. In 15-20 minutes I already have an elevated heart rate and a migraine from hypoxia. 30 minutes or so and my eyelids are starting to get heavy. I'm not some old fart on oxygen, I'm not even 30 yet and my lungs are jacked up. I've never smoked anything and never had second hand smoke in a household. A few hours of a face diaper even just over my mouth and having to talk means 4-6 days of recovery before I've stopped coughing. Just crappy genetics. been like this since middle school. No, meds havnt historically have not helped at all.

Tell me more about how a face diaper is just a mild inconvenience!
Thank you Deerhurst.

There are plenty of us with genuine cardiovascular issues. We don't necessarily wear it on our sleeves like it was some sort of badge of honor. I've never asked for special treatment at the expense of others but if you see me using an inhaler or nitro, excuse me if I'm not watching where you're walking for a second.

Thank you Deerhurst.

There are plenty of us with genuine cardiovascular issues. We don't necessarily wear it on our sleeves like it was some sort of badge of honor. I've never asked for special treatment at the expense of others but if you see me using an inhaler or nitro, excuse me if I'm not watching where you're walking for a second.
Legitimate medical reasons I get. It's the ones proudly showing off ignorance that grinds my gears. Those people probably haven't lost family due to this pandemic like I have.

Who else besides Dallas does the district have to vote for? Defazio is a garbage RINO. Dallas is a legit good guy. Glad he got moved into the position he just got. He speaks for the people even if his filter is kinda weak. He seems to say it like it is and like he is thinking.
May I ask what district you are talking about?
Unfortunately you are from Salem. I don't think you understand how these things work.
You can't tell the difference between red and blue on a map, don't know that Peter DeFazio is a democrat, and I'm the one who doesn't understand how things work?

My grandson moved just south of Waco last December and told me you didn't notice much concern about covid until you went to Austin. Texas business was already at 50% or 75% capacity before the change. For some reason a while back news reports said the biggest covid clusters where near the southern border. Who woulda known. There are large numbers of citizens from Mexico with cards to work in the US and it seems if they feel ill they want to be north of the border where they can get healthcare. Smart people.

Nope, they protect others from you. You could always ask your surgeon to not wear their mask during your next procedure. Spittle containing viral agents is mitigated quite nicely with a barrier.

So any government entity in the United States should be able to mandate that we wear a mask because of the risk of illness?

Where does the line get drawn? People spread sicknesses literally every single day of the year: the common cold, the flu, chickenpox, meningitis, hand-foot-and-mouth disease, etc...

Risk is a way of life (driving a car, riding a roller coaster, swimming, not thoroughly chewing your food, etc.) and there is no 100% way to avoid it. If you want the government to protect you and restrict your individual rights so that you feel safe, then you must not find the Constitution very agreeable!

I'd be curious to know your opinion on gun control; they can be very dangerous to public health in the hands of a determined citizen!

So any government entity in the United States should be able to mandate that we wear a mask because of the risk of illness?

Where does the line get drawn? People spread sicknesses literally every single day of the year: the common cold, the flu, chickenpox, meningitis, hand-foot-and-mouth disease, etc...

Risk is a way of life (driving a car, riding a roller coaster, swimming, not thoroughly chewing your food, etc.) and there is no 100% way to avoid it. If you want the government to protect you and restrict your individual rights so that you feel safe, then you must not find the Constitution very agreeable!

I'd be curious to know your opinion on gun control; they can be very dangerous to public health in the hands of a determined citizen!
500,000 deaths, a similar scale to the 1918 pandemic, should be a wake up call. If wearing a mask is something I can do to help, then I will do so. It's easy and yes, for the betterment of all I believe it's perfectly reasonable to have mask mandates and enforce them. Regarding firearms, I'm all on board for universal background checks and requiring an FFL transfer for private sales. I have nothing to hide and the transfer process is great peace of mind.

Just to stir the pot even more, if our founding fathers had the ability to foresee the firepower potential of today's arms, and the overall mental illness running rampant, there would have been more implemented control.

500,000 deaths, a similar scale to the 1918 pandemic, should be a wake up call. If wearing a mask is something I can do to help, then I will do so. It's easy and yes, for the betterment of all I believe it's perfectly reasonable to have mask mandates and enforce them. Regarding firearms, I'm all on board for universal background checks and requiring an FFL transfer for private sales. I have nothing to hide and the transfer process is great peace of mind.

Just to stir the pot even more, if our founding fathers had the ability to foresee the firepower potential of today's arms, and the overall mental illness running rampant, there would have been more implemented control.
That's not an accurate figure. Everyone knows that by now. And the virus doesn't survive in spittle.

if our founding fathers had the ability to foresee the firepower potential of today's arms, and the overall mental illness running rampant, there would have been more implemented control.
Hard to argue that they wouldn't have included cannons and privately owned warships along with the early versions of grenades and so forth :rolleyes:

Edit. the fact remains... it wasn't until the 1930s that "gun control" became a big thing with the gang warfare in Chicago and the NFA thing. By then, modern, automatic firearms and cannons and the like were legal to sell to the public

I would love to see the proof and/or time machine you used to figure that last bit out!

It's interesting though, the sad irony of the Constitution is that it protects your right to be ignorant of it or speak against it (unless of course that is a public safety hazard, in which case you should be made to think differently!)

Perfect illustration of the ideological divide in this country.

I'll take the dangerous liberty.

Perfect illustration of the ideological divide in this country.

I'll take the dangerous liberty.
I surely agree. It is apparent that some consider the Constitution, Bill of Rights and the Amendments more as general guidelines or suggestions. But I do appreciate it when a man lets his intentions be known, it alleviates the guesswork.

500K deaths? Yeah right. It is well established, and even admitted that the process used to "count" Covid deaths is very flawed. This is not a conspiracy theory.

You guys ever wonder why China has such a low Covid death rate? Because they lie? Well, yeah probably. But.... China does not call every death with Covid a death by Covid. In China, you must die directly from Covid for it to count, not die with Covid.

500K deaths? Yeah right. It is well established, and even admitted that the process used to "count" Covid deaths is very flawed. This is not a conspiracy theory.

You guys ever wonder why China has such a low Covid death rate? Because they lie? Well, yeah probably. But.... China does not call every death with Covid a death by Covid. In China, you must die directly from Covid for it to count, not die with Covid.
Also they don't need their economy ruined because they are already Communist.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads