JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ouch a little sensitive subject?:oops: I am just poking fun of the border
state to the south.:rolleyes: I would rather choose to pump my own gas or not.
I resent being forced by "the State".
The state that taxes your income again! As if the Feds
didn't taken enough.:(:(:(
On subject. Outside the City limits of Vancouver it is fireworks
sales as usual. South of the Fred Meyers in Orchards, big tents set up
and they are unloading semi trucks full of fireworks.:D:D:D

Not really sensitive to me - just was responding to Wayno's comment on the subject. I'm only irritated by the horrible service at gas stations here in Oregon - I know it costs more up north, but I always get out faster there when I can pump my own. I'm also one of those that choose self check-out at the store because I can check out much faster than the cashiers at most stores (though I spent years as a cashier and have lots of practice).

I agree with the tax thing. I don't believe ANY politician that says any law or change is going to lower taxes or save me money - it NEVER happens. I don't doubt if they made pump-your-own legal in Oregon, our prices would most likely go up in just a short time :mad:

Hmmm, maybe I need to take a run up and visit my brother, just outside of Vancouver ;)

EDIT: I see what happened - you quoted me, but you actually were quoting Wayno - when I quoted him, the formatting got off on the quote and it made it look like I typed those comments. I see how that would be confusing. I found the error and edited my previous post so you can see what I actually said vs what Wayno actually said.

Now that the topic is self-serve gasoline...If ya want to pump your own, then go for it. I prefer not to. And as far as saving time? I pay cash when I get gas. Also my choice. I have to go inside and pre-pay. Then I have to go back outside and pump my gas. Then I have to go back inside and stand in line again to get my change. I guarantee this saves me no time. So, take the gas pumpers job away, pay more for gas in the process, and if you've never had fuel slop on you while you're standing on the latest oil puddle in their driveway, you're the only one.

As long as I have the choice, I want my gas pumped. When the Oregon Legislature takes that away because the gas station lobby talks them into it so they no longer have to pay gas jockeys, then I guess I'll pump my own gas.

No, not really sensitive, but I do have an opinion. Maybe the best compromise would be to give the customer a choice. For those who relish pumping their own gas, let them climb out of their car and start pumping. As is the choice for motorcycles in Oregon.

Now that the topic is self-serve gasoline...If ya want to pump your own, then go for it. I prefer not to. And as far as saving time? I pay cash when I get gas. Also my choice. I have to go inside and pre-pay. Then I have to go back outside and pump my gas. Then I have to go back inside and stand in line again to get my change. I guarantee this saves me no time. So, take the gas pumpers job away, pay more for gas in the process, and if you've never had fuel slop on you while you're standing on the latest oil puddle in their driveway, you're the only one.

As long as I have the choice, I want my gas pumped. When the Oregon Legislature takes that away because the gas station lobby talks them into it so they no longer have to pay gas jockeys, then I guess I'll pump my own gas.

No, not really sensitive, but I do have an opinion. Maybe the best compromise would be to give the customer a choice. For those who relish pumping their own gas, let them climb out of their car and start pumping.

I'm all for the choice idea - I'd like to have the option.

I just heard today on the news that there are no fireworks allowed to be sold or fired off in Vancouver, WA - none. No sparklers, nothing.

Are that many people in Vancouver actually okay with that? Or have the local politicians gone completely insane?

And here I thought Oregon was bad. Way to shut down yet another piece of Americana, Vancouver. Well done o_O
I thought it was like that every year, except only sparklers, snakes, popits and smoke bombs were okay. LoL
Long Beach is pretty close!

I just heard today on the news that there are no fireworks allowed to be sold or fired off in Vancouver, WA - none. No sparklers, nothing.

Are that many people in Vancouver actually okay with that? Or have the local politicians gone completely insane?

And here I thought Oregon was bad. Way to shut down yet another piece of Americana, Vancouver. Well done o_O

I could see it if there was an actual fire hazard like wev'e got over here. Vancouver's a swamp. No need for that silliness.

No, not really sensitive, but I do have an opinion. Maybe the best compromise would be to give the customer a choice. For those who relish pumping their own gas, let them climb out of their car and start pumping. As is the choice for motorcycles in Oregon.

One of the things I miss the least about living in Oregon besides that 9% income tax. Nothing like pulling up to the pump and waiting 5 minutes for the pump jockey to show up then another 5 for him to show up again after the pump stops.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews