JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Amazon warehouse deal... saves 5 bucks per 15lb bag while supplies last.
We've bought this brand for years and eat it several times per week . Exceptionally good flavored rice. Hands down... much better than grocery store brands and affordable.

Good time to stock up!

Look down the right hand side at more purchase options to get the $15.14 price.

Amazon warehouse deal... saves 5 bucks per 15lb bag while supplies last.
We've bought this brand for years and eat it several times per week . Exceptionally good flavored rice. Hands down... much better than grocery store brands and affordable.

Good time to stock up!

Look down the right hand side at more purchase options to get the $15.14 price.
I just bought a 15# bag to try it out! We have been thoroughly unimpressed with the supermarket rices we have tried over the last year… jasmine, basmati, etc.

I just bought a 15# bag to try it out! We have been thoroughly unimpressed with the supermarket rices we have tried over the last year… jasmine, basmati, etc.
It's a Japanese strain cultivated in Kalifederation. About the only good thing coming of there. :D

It's quite tasty and great texture for an "everyday" rice. Par non to grocery store brands, but it is a Japanese style pearl rice. Some call it "sticky rice", but to us... it's just "normal". Trying to eat american long grain with chopsticks never ends well and as flavorful as wet paper.🤣

It's a Japanese strain cultivated in Kalifederation. About the only good thing coming of there. :D

It's quite tasty and great texture for an "everyday" rice. Par non to grocery store brands, but it is a Japanese style pearl rice. Some call it "sticky rice", but to us... it's just "normal". Trying to eat american long grain with chopsticks never ends well and as flavorful as wet paper.🤣
Please pass the soy and fish sauce with the wasabi!

For sure good stuff. One of the genetic lines that Nishiki is derived from is sold by Chef Store. It'll set you back $10+ than that one but if you like fine rice.
1692502689843.png

We've bought this brand for years and eat it several times per week . Exceptionally good flavored rice.
I've used this rice before and recall it being pretty good!

I typically use a lot of rice in cooking, one being I often make rice - infused veggie mixes with cheese and normally use Basmati. I also make a variation of fried meat burritos and rice is always in the mix!

I need to get another rice cooker as my last one died about a year ago and I had to resort to pot cooking rice - but a rice cooker is sure more convenient!

Last Edited:
For sure good stuff. One of the genetic lines that Nishiki is derived from is sold by Chef Store. It'll set you back $10+ than that one but if you like fine rice.
That's nothin! Good quality "guest rice" can set you back 5 bucks or more per 100gram. Bang for your buck for an everyday rice... clean, uniform, low to no broken grains, flavor and texture... we've never found anything better and affordable enough for food storage.

I've eaten Calrose Nishiki rice for years. Thanks for posting the link. I ordered a fifteen pounder.
I make a mix of white rice, brown rice, black rice, wild rice, quinoa, millet and khamut. Steam it, add butter, and then add my own spice mix that might be considered a garamasala.

That's nothin! Good quality "guest rice" can set you back 5 bucks or more per 100gram. Bang for your buck for an everyday rice... clean, uniform, low to no broken grains, flavor and texture... we've never found anything better and affordable enough for food storage.
Agreed it's a good bargain. I've never had the expensive stuff you mention and well I've never had Kobe beef either. Drank a 100$ bottle of sake once in my younger days..

Agreed it's a good bargain. I've never had the expensive stuff you mention and well I've never had Kobe beef either. Drank a 100$ bottle of sake once in my younger days..
REALLY good rice doesn't have to break the bank. If you ever get an itch to try a much higher quality... that's semi reasonable... Koshihikari is one of our favorites for special occasions. Our family is from Kyushu, but Niigata produces some really great rice on a budget.

I've never had the expensive stuff you mention
One can make 'cheap' rice pretty dang good with a little experimenting.

When pot cooking rice it is always a good idea to let the rice soak for an hour or so in the water before bringing it to boil. Also adding a tsb or so of butter into it along with a dash of Pink Himalayan sea salt helps tremendously.

One can make 'cheap' rice pretty dang good with a little experimenting.

When pot cooking rice it is always a good idea to let the rice soak for an hour or so in the water before bringing it to boil. Also adding a tsb or so of butter into it along with a dash of Pink Himalayan sea salt helps tremendously.
Except.... "good" rice doesn't need any help. 🤣 🤣

Soak time really depends on the type of rice. Typical Japanese pearl rice.. like this stuff... a 30min soak is sufficient if you're going to pot cook it. Much more and it can go mushy on you. Cook time and temp plays a big part too, but there is nothing worse than mushy on the outside and tough in the middle. ;) 👍

Nishiki is good rice. A little on the sticky side, but good. And that is a great price.
I like Niko Niko long grain rice. While it has the Asian packaging like Nishiki, they are both grown in Calif.
Local stores charge 11 or 12 $ for a 5lb bag of Niko Niko. BiMart has it for 8$.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top