JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, and Lot's wife was turned to salt, maybe that help rve the food?
And Charlie got by on rats and a handful of rice a day.
You are definitely stretching to go off point.
I'm recommending common everyday practice. Putting all your confidences in high tech baggies and 5 gallon mud buckets puts one in a paranoid mindset.
Rotate fresh food, get your family used to regularly eating what you have stored. Use your backup food, water and stove on a regular basis. Be prepared and make your skills second nature.
Save the tinfoil for wrapping food, not for covering your hat.
The 7 and 7 has more to do with numerology than strict history. 7 days to make the earth and universe, 7 seals, 7 horses, 7 in the Revelations, 7 parables in Matthew.
12 is another perfect number biblically. Has nothing to getting prepared. Still say, anything that kills hard shell insects and has no approval for internal ingestion by the FDA or the AMA is not smart. No more validity than using a coffee enema for treating colon cancer. Just falls into the " my cousin' uncle's boss's friend knew a guy who saw it on T.V " category of advice.

I have some experience with LTS of beans and rice in 5 gallon buckets and gamma seal lids:
Back in '99 I bought 200 pounds each of beans and rice. I wrapped each 25 lb bag in a trash bag and froze it @ -15 for 6 weeks. I removed the bags and allowed to thaw inside the trash bag to keep condensation to a minimum. On a dry day I transferred the beans/rice filling mylar bags inside the buckets, folded down the bag and screwed down the lids. I have used this method on black, pinto, white beans, split yellow peas, mung beans, white and brown rice. After a decade the white beans were still very palatable, as was the rice. The black beans became very tough and required a longer than normal cooking time in a pressure cooker. As a result I do not worry over much about LTS except to keep bulk goods sealed, dry, cool and in a dark place.

With regards to the LDS Home Storage Center (Bishops Storehouse) on 82nd., You do not have to be a member of the Church to purchase items there.
They no longer allow people to help with the canning and receive a discount due to Health code laws. But, it is all prepackaged in small packages, 10# cans or 50 pound bags. They are really helpful. It is basically at cost.

Wikipedia is a free source and you get what you pay for in a crowd sourced encyclopedia.
DE sounds too much like the old SNL skit" It's an insecticide AND a desert topping.!"
I'm sure wiki says a dog's mouth is cleaner than a human's , too. Of course all the dogs I know lick their own butts and none of the people I know can do that. Just saying.

Eat fresh food when you can, rotate all of your food. Why the hell would you keep stuff for ten years? Buy smaller quantities, eat healthier and keep the snake oil to a minimum.
# Ouija board, Cooper bracelet, irradiated non-GM organic free-range potatoes.
I'm about ready to turn my spaghetti strainer into a NSA resistant Faraday cage brain bucket.
o_O

Wikipedia is a free source and you get what you pay for in a crowd sourced encyclopedia.
I'm about ready to turn my spaghetti strainer into a NSA resistant Faraday cage brain bucket.
o_O
Just a FYI for those who do not know..........Wikipedia info is posted by ANYONE.
I have posted info on Wikipedia.

Although a great source for some info, Wiki is NOT the "Go to Source" for much of the info I want or need.............:D

Now, where did I put that copper bracelet?????:(

I'm so sorry about your fear of DE but please realize you've been eating it most of your life and if you don't know what DE is perhaps you should restrain your condemnation, or at least read the info at the link

With regards to the LDS Home Storage Center (Bishops Storehouse) on 82nd., You do not have to be a member of the Church to purchase items there.
They no longer allow people to help with the canning and receive a discount due to Health code laws. But, it is all prepackaged in small packages, 10# cans or 50 pound bags. They are really helpful. It is basically at cost.

In addition, I have always had very pleasant experiences there! Everyone was very polite and the subject of religion or the LDS never came up! Good folks!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top