JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not anymore, unless they have reversed again. Last couple of shows I went to, no dice on Bi-Mart discounts. One of the reasons I quit going to Expo. Yes it's only a couple of bucks, but between that and the parking and the non-gun crap, it was the last straw.
Much prefer the Albany, Oregon Arms Collectors, Southwest Washington Arms Collectors, and of course the Cascade Sportsman's Club extravaganza in Carson, WA, coming up June 3rd!!!!!

BiMart is a local chain of retailers a bit like Fred Meyers without the groceries, with a smaller selection, much friendlier people, good prices on ammo and reloading components, a selection of rifles and in the last year or so handguns again. A favorite of many on this site, including myself.
$5 lifetime membership to shop there, still not sure why they do that, but it is worth it.
Tell me more about this carson show!?! is it as good as you imply?

It's a small show, 22-25 tables, friendly bunch, at least most of us. Held the first Saturday of every even month, February, April, June, August, October and December. $2 admission, goes to local charities, opens at 8:30, runs until about 3:00. It's held at the American Legion Hall, although we are hoping to move to a larger venue later this year as we have been turning people away who want tables because we don't have the room. @Sgt Nambu, @Mikej and a few others from here have been there. Most everything is gun-related. Rarely a Glock or AR, not that kind of crowd. One guy usually brings quite a few knives. Usually a few walk-ins with something to sell.

It's a small show, 22-25 tables, friendly bunch, at least most of us. Held the first Saturday of every even month, February, April, June, August, October and December. $2 admission, goes to local charities, opens at 8:30, runs until about 3:00. It's held at the American Legion Hall, although we are hoping to move to a larger venue later this year as we have been turning people away who want tables because we don't have the room. @Sgt Nambu, @Mikej and a few others from here have been there. Most everything is gun-related. Rarely a Glock or AR, not that kind of crowd. One guy usually brings quite a few knives. Usually a few walk-ins with something to sell.
Why not.. Its a ways from my hood, but a nice drive up the Gorge in June is good medicine. I used to take an annual trip over there to fish springers, but that Wind river canyon gets steeper every year.

You talking about me? :D My ears were burning........I missed the notification for the April show I guess. :) I'd like to be able to make the June show.

Yes @kbloomfeldt it's a nice drive and small show with some different stuff than the big ones in PDX, unless you need, and really love the hustle/bustle/smell/sound/traffic of the city of Portland and find it hard to leave all that for a day. :rolleyes:

i would recommend going to the ARPC show in albany rather than the expo center.

the problem i have with some gun shows is that i trully believe some vendors dont know about the internet and that their stuff is so outrageously overpriced that its best just to skip their table. especially when i see the guy with a table of 22LR bricks he bought from bimart for $25 and is asking $65... yes, literally i saw a guy doing this.

I won't go to the Bigtop GSs anymore... way to much $$ to get in only to be met by retail+ prices.

I was talking to a gun smith and gun show dealer and he said that (I'm almost sure, it was concerning the Big Top shows) that the guy who runs them makes a percentage of the profits from each sale a dealer makes and if he thinks the seller is selling them too cheap he will tell them to raise the price or leave. Not sure how true this is but the gun smith won't sell at that show......

Brick and mortar stores have limited inventory, and lack variety finding the same things in different stores. I like gun shows because I get hands on things I cant find in the Portland metro area. Even stores that have what I'm interested in perusing keep them behind counters so usually has a wait time until they help the next customer. Gun shows generally allow free access to weapons handling and you don't have to talk to them unless you want. If interested but you don't want to buy on the spot you can get their card and call them later.
You can also think of it as networking, I've made a few good contacts.
More than once I affirmed my choice for a product because I was able to see it, touch it and compare it, at a gun show then not liking the price went on line and found it for less. I call that a win / win for me.
A few are definitely a bust, but more than not, I leave overall satisfied, albeit usually empty handed.
I for one am glad they still come around.

So, I've never been to a gun show, and I'm planning to pop my cherry this Saturday the 20th and the Expo Center. Do they sell weapons there? And do the background check there? How does that work? Or is it more a chance to touch/handle weapons and then purchase locally?

Thanks!

Q. How do gun shows work?

A. Well essentially j, what you'll do is go to the Expo Center and pay for parking. Then you'll pay for admission to the show. Once inside you'll wind your way around hundreds of tables of vendors selling all sorts of stuff. Some of them even sell gun related stuff! A lot of them don't.

Of the ones that do, you'll find virtually nothing that can't be had in a brick and mortar store or online for a cheaper price.

At the end of your time at the show, you'll be asking yourself why you wasted the time, effort, and money on such a worthless endeavor.

Remember, you heard it here last.

Rotsa ruck.

Last Edited:
Brick and mortar stores have limited inventory, and lack variety finding the same things in different stores. I like gun shows because I get hands on things I cant find in the Portland metro area. Even stores that have what I'm interested in perusing keep them behind counters so usually has a wait time until they help the next customer. Gun shows generally allow free access to weapons handling and you don't have to talk to them unless you want. If interested but you don't want to buy on the spot you can get their card and call them later.
You can also think of it as networking, I've made a few good contacts.
More than once I affirmed my choice for a product because I was able to see it, touch it and compare it, at a gun show then not liking the price went on line and found it for less. I call that a win / win for me.
A few are definitely a bust, but more than not, I leave overall satisfied, albeit usually empty handed.
I for one am glad they still come around.

This ^^ sums it up pretty well for me. I'm fairly new to the firearms scene so I also understand the attitude that the long timers can have.

You can get better service from Kieth's if you go to their tables at the opening of a show.

I like going to gun shows ... Mostly for the chance to see some interesting guns and talk with friends.

I think the new BGC has cut down on the random trading and selling of guns ... which is too bad for me.
I liked being able to buy that odd inexpensive .22 rifle or shotgun ... shoot it for awhile and then trade it off for the next gun that caught my eye...Without the hassle or higher price to cover the BGC.
That and it seems that sometimes at some shows , its tables full of all the same items.... Have kinda slowed me down from hitting more shows.
But I still enjoy going to them , from time to time.
Andy
Edit for pre-coffee typing.

Last Edited:
The more obsolete the firearm the better the deal at a show, want a older pump 12GA Mossberg or Rem can be had for 100-150 easy. Want a AK-47 be prepared to pay near full retail same with AR's although lowers can be had cheaper at times just depends on who and where. Ammo is hit and miss and watch the bulk bag stuff is most times reloads.
Find a veteran pal whos been to these before that helps your street cred there when asking question and have someone that been there and done the deed. Above all don't go to buy go to look and stay with a budget you'll be happier and in my case it makes the misses happier when I stay within budget. Of course I am soon to loose my budget for the year over one purchase ....where was I ? Oh yea have fun try not to need a 2nd mortgage.

How is it no one has asked what that one purchase is? Inquiring minds want to know :eek::D

After moving here and getting into guns, I was like a kid in a candy store at the gun shows. It was a new experience and a lot of fun seeing and handling guns that I had never handled before. I loved going to the shows and the admission price was worth the entertainment value I got out of it.
Today, I rarely go as the newness wore off long ago and I no longer get all excited over the guns like I did in the beginning. So, Yes, go to the show and have fun.

It really depends on what you go to the gun show looking for.

Some of the guys here sound a bit jaded.

I went to the gun show in Monroe a week or two ago with a couple buddies.

I ended up getting a couple pretty good deals on optics and a very good deal on ammo.

It just depends on what table you visit. There were a couple gun shops going out of business, so they were at the gun show practically giving their stuff away, and said "make me an offer" many peeps ignored that thinking it was too good to be true...

Well I picked up a set of magpul MBUS sights for my AR for $20 for the set!

Picked up a holographic sight for my shotgun for about $70 (they retail online for $80 + shipping), and bought a box of 250rds of .45ACP JHP brass cased rounds for $0.30/rd which is a pretty good deal for brass cased jacketed hollow points. (normally $0.48/rd+)

but hey...according to these guys there are no deals to be found at the gun shows...

Oh and parking was free. Just had to pay the $7 or $8 to get in... easily worth it just in the magpul backup sights alone (they retail for $80)

Last Edited:
A reminder that our Carson show is coming up this Saturday, June 3rd. 8:30-3:00 at the American Legion Hall in Carson. Admission $2 or two cans of food for the local Food Bank. Stop by and say hi!!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top