JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, I've never been to a gun show, and I'm planning to pop my cherry this Saturday the 20th and the Expo Center. Do they sell weapons there? And do the background check there? How does that work? Or is it more a chance to touch/handle weapons and then purchase locally?

Thanks!

Yes and Yes
Firearms are for sale
Background checks are performed and form 4473's are completed, just as you would do in a local gun shop.
No such thing as the much-maligned "gun show loophole"

Of course, much fondling can also occur prior to purchase.

Parking will cost you. Getting in will cost you. There's an ATM on site. If you're looking for something specific, check it out best you can on line before going there. This will empower you while looking at what is there as well as knowing what is a fair price. All modern firearms purchased there will go through a BGC and FLL. So much for your right to keep and bear arms not being infringed.

Enjoy your first show!!

Its worth going to one if you never been but you rarely find any deals at one. Mostly it is all the local gun dealers bringing their inventory to put on tables. You'll still find a few tables with old stuff or unique items. There will be ammo, jerky, candy, offensive T shirts, collector coins, occasionally a weird hobby like doll collecting where you ask WTF is this doing at a gun show?

They have been steadily shrinking in size over the years I think as people figure out paying $18 to get in when the prices are the same as at the dealer isnt worth it

The Oregon Arms Collectors gun show is pretty decent for older guns
the August show is the big one
Gun Shows

Its worth going to one if you never been but you rarely find any deals at one. Mostly it is all the local gun dealers bringing their inventory to put on tables. You'll still find a few tables with old stuff or unique items. There will be ammo, jerky, candy, offensive T shirts, collector coins, occasionally a weird hobby like doll collecting where you ask WTF is this doing at a gun show?

They have been steadily shrinking in size over the years I think as people figure out paying $18 to get in when the prices are the same as at the dealer isnt worth it

Ditto to all points!!

The Oregon Arms Collectors gun show is pretty decent for older guns
the August show is the big one
Gun Shows

Thanks! I was under the impression that it was chock full of awesome deals.

Bremerton Falcon Gun Show
Date
  • May 20th - 21st, 2017
Directions
Kitsap County Fairgrounds
City/State
Bremerton, Washington
Hours

• Saturday 9:00am – 5:00pm
  • Sunday 9:30am – 3:00pm
Admission
  • General: $6.00
  • Children 12 & under: Free
  • $9.00 - 2 Day Pass
    $1.00 Discount on Daily Admission - Active Duty or Retired Military (with Military ID)

Description
The Bremerton Falcon Gun Show will be held on May 20th - 21st, 2017 in Bremerton, Washington. This Bremerton gun show is held at Kitsap County Fairgrounds and hosted by Falcon Productions. All federal, state and local firearm ordinances and laws must be obeyed.

Promoter
Falcon Productions

Kitsap County Fairgrounds1200 NW Fairgrounds Rd
Bremerton, Washington 98311
Vendor
$40.00 per Table (for weekend)

Dealer Setup:
Friday 1:00pm - 8:00pm
Saturday 6:30am - 9:00am

Not anymore! Sad to say! Still, there are deals to be found, at least rarely. With local dealers you can sometimes "negotiate" them down a few bucks. They don't really want to take all of those guns back and reenter them into stock. Best thing about the gun show is that there are a lot of things in the same general class to compare to each other. I believe, IIRC, that in the last five years I've bought one pistol at a gun show. But, it was a great deal! :)
I generally go to gun shows to buy bulk ammo for practice/plinking! Good deals are to be had for ammo!
Enjoy your first show, people watching is usually fun at them!
BTW, If you are a member at BiMart your card gets you a discount at the ticket booth at the Expo Center! :D

There are some deals and you may find something you weren't looking for. That's how I ended up with my CZ P01 for under $500. Was looking for something else but i couldn'tbe happier.

Also, while the prices may not be earth shattering, you don't lose hours and gas driving all over town. It's worth hitting a big show or two a year.

Last Edited:
The more obsolete the firearm the better the deal at a show, want a older pump 12GA Mossberg or Rem can be had for 100-150 easy. Want a AK-47 be prepared to pay near full retail same with AR's although lowers can be had cheaper at times just depends on who and where. Ammo is hit and miss and watch the bulk bag stuff is most times reloads.
Find a veteran pal whos been to these before that helps your street cred there when asking question and have someone that been there and done the deed. Above all don't go to buy go to look and stay with a budget you'll be happier and in my case it makes the misses happier when I stay within budget. Of course I am soon to loose my budget for the year over one purchase ....where was I ? Oh yea have fun try not to need a 2nd mortgage.

The last couple of gun shows we went to we did not buy anything. Had a grand time talking to old gun show friends. Walked all the aisles, looked at all the tables. Then late lunch afterward at a good restaurant. Fun! :)

Depending on who you ask (and how hard they're pandering for gullible votes), you can get anything you want without any sort of a background check. Which is buffalo dust.

Truth be known, short of getting your junk nudged by TSA at the airport, that might be one of the more controlled/regulated events you might ever attend.

Have fun, it's an eyeful.

The larger volume local dealers with multiple tables of nothing but guns will be charging what they normally do in their shops, simply bringing in some regular staff to work the show instead. And they will probably be competitive with other big dealers at the show, pretty much in line with Walmart, Bimart, Big 5, et al. They realize that savvy shoppers who've been looking for awhile will know what's reasonable, and what's not. Profits through volume sales vs. gouging one piece at a time.

While good deals are not unheard of through the smaller individual sellers, I see a lot of the same used weps over and over again (months stretch into years). And somebody's got to reimburse the owner for lugging them from show to show, entry fees, parking, tables, etc.

But sometimes that's the cost of doing business when you're looking for something very specific, rare, or just plain cool.

I usually eat a couple cans of beans for breakfast so I can blast loud farts at those guys selling a lone brick of generic .22 for $50 ("It's my last box - take it or leave it") only to replace it with the next "last box" as some sucker wanders away with it, in need of some snuggling and a cigarette.

Last Edited:
Well, gun shows are mostly that: shops go there to show off their guns.

That doesn't mean they are discounted, heck some even mark up for the show. But One can rest assured... the GUN SHOW is exactly that; a showing off of guns.

When you go to a gun show, go in the afternoon on the last day.. find the vendors with the messy tables, have that happy hour grin on their faces, and seem a little extra chatty(you'll know em when you see em) don't be afraid to haggel! pay no attention to the tags...those prices are for newbs. they don't really want to carry all that crap back home, and they need to cover the gas and hotel bill. If it's a retailer with all new guns, or they already started packing up with an hour left.. forget about it. They either have no room to haggle, or they think their $200 mosin belongs in a museum and won't take less than $500. I won't go to the Bigtop GSs anymore... way to much $$ to get in only to be met by retail+ prices. I do go to the wes knudel(however it's spelled). I really like the one in Centrailia, Wa. It's not too big, and there are a few vendors that actually price to sell. I think a lot of guys have no intention of selling. They just rent a $40 table to show off their collection, and get away from the wife for the weekend.... "sorry hunny I tried but nobody's buying anything... it's that damn Obama!"
It's rediculous that they try to charge over $.10 a rd for a brick of .22 still. The shortage is over. There isn't even a limit at the retailers anymore and the shelves are full. your remington golden bullets aren't worth $15 more per brick than the ones at Sportsmans!

BTW, If you are a member at BiMart your card gets you a discount at the ticket booth at the Expo Center!
Not anymore, unless they have reversed again. Last couple of shows I went to, no dice on Bi-Mart discounts. One of the reasons I quit going to Expo. Yes it's only a couple of bucks, but between that and the parking and the non-gun crap, it was the last straw.
Much prefer the Albany, Oregon Arms Collectors, Southwest Washington Arms Collectors, and of course the Cascade Sportsman's Club extravaganza in Carson, WA, coming up June 3rd!!!!!
What's a BiMart? Is it like a Cabela's? I need to get out more!
BiMart is a local chain of retailers a bit like Fred Meyers without the groceries, with a smaller selection, much friendlier people, good prices on ammo and reloading components, a selection of rifles and in the last year or so handguns again. A favorite of many on this site, including myself.
$5 lifetime membership to shop there, still not sure why they do that, but it is worth it.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top