JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So they "collected" 50,000 firearms through a forced buyback and handed out $66mil in US currency
So about $1300 per firearm.

not enough to suppress your freedom.

no dollar amount would be enough.

I hope the 119 politicians that voted that through all get voted out. Or impeached.

The CNN version of the story is pretty sad -- I've attached a screenshot so you won't have to click (and below that the largest picture I could get of the pile) but as you can see, there doesn't appear to be one of those evil ARs in it (although I am curious about the gray plastic thing on the far right which appears to have a mag well). At the very end of the story, there is this note:

"Police also confirm they can account for 15,037 E-category firearms or military style semi-automatics held by 5,060 people, slightly higher than original estimates," according to the release. Most of those guns have been handed in but some are being held by people who are seeking exemptions. This group includes collectors and gun dealers.

cnn.png
191221205526-02-new-zealand-gun-buyback-intl-exlarge-169.jpg

The CNN version of the story is pretty sad -- I've attached a screenshot so you won't have to click (and below that the largest picture I could get of the pile) but as you can see, there doesn't appear to be one of those evil ARs in it (although I am curious about the gray plastic thing on the far right which appears to have a mag well). At the very end of the story, there is this note:

View attachment 643209
View attachment 643211

Actually, if you look close, in the lower right hand corner you can see 1 ea. AR (see below) mixed in with the shotguns and misc firearms.

Confiscation.PNG

Ray

What a deceptive first sentence:

New Zealand authorities have said their country will be a safer place after owners handed in more than 50,000 guns during a buyback programme following a ban on assault weapons.

The clear implication is that 50k evil weapons were turned in. As noted here: International - New Zealand buyback not a great success -- only 15k of them are the types of rifles that NZ banned.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top